Abigail vs Rogar

So I've been using Abigail a lot lately and she's been a great addition to my team and I'm loving her. I mostly like her for her ability to give the whole team an attack buff while simultaneously hitting someone like a truck. However, she is very squishy; I can hardly use her in PVE and she gets one shotted in PVP if any enemy targets them with their strong attack in the first round.

Well I just realized that Rogar gets a similar attack to Abigail's Furious Charge in his second ascension. In terms of team synergy they're interchangeable for me, and I would appreciate some extra bulk, but can Rogar's Rage Strike one hit KO, say, Tsume or Nubnub? And does it start powered like Abigail's charge? Or is his main contribution to PVP Perfect Swing, Whirlwind, and bulk? Because if the former is true, I think I'll dump Abigail in favor of the ole dwarf

Comments

• HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Both have similar attacks but with one major difference. Rogar is more defensive and Abigail is more offensive.
    Both play the same role in the game but understandably balance each other out so you can use the one that fits your strategy better. If the team needs more defensive properties go with Rogar, Offensive power needed. Throw in Abigail.

It's interesting because I cannot say one is better than the other, it just depends on what you need. I like the balance they give so you can use them for the same role but on different teams. Neither one overshadows the other.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• Rogars final ascension move does not start charge. He is more of a defensive and provides aoe that can't miss and that can be really helpful for facing a rogue team. Abi on the other hand, is basically meant to wreck the enemy on turn one. She's really not "that" squishy. If you can draw fire away from her, then if she pulls off her strike the first turn, if you have two mid speed aoes that survive like tsume/bovus/rogar/whatever you want really that isn't a fast aoe, then your team can wreck the other team. Even if it ends up being 2v4 by the time it's your turn, if you are left with abi and tsume, you still will most likely win
    My Defense
    Hero Kira Tsume Torchy Lady Nimriel
    Level 23 23 23 23
    Star 5 3 2 4
    Ascension 1 2 2 1
    My Shared Hero: Rocky The Shiitake
    Flyingpizzacats

• mycalmycal Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Rogar starts powered in pvp, and leads with whirlwind. The unwise overlook him, however, with greater attacks to follow should he survive round 1.
  • Well not on offense he doesn't start charged. And he doesn't use his final ascension till round 3 or 4
    My Defense
    Hero Kira Tsume Torchy Lady Nimriel
    Level 23 23 23 23
    Star 5 3 2 4
    Ascension 1 2 2 1
    My Shared Hero: Rocky The Shiitake
    Flyingpizzacats

• On offense rogar only starts with whirlwind charged, theres also a length cooldown on rage strike. On defense he will always use whirlwind first turn followed up Skull Cracker the third and only use Rage strike 3rd turn sometimes. Other times he'll wait with rage strike and use autoswing third turn.

Abigail starts with Furious Charge charged on offense. On Defense she uses her skull cracker ability first turn and furious charge second turn.

I tend to prefer Abigail to Roger in terms of PVP for both offense and defense simply because she does more initial burst damage.
    rwgvva6ow25z.png
  • I use Abigail all the time to get rid of tsume or willow
  • Abigail isn't squishy. She often survives two specials, and will tank a Nim hit unless Nim crits.
  • Thanks for all the responses guys! Rogar's Rage Strike not being powered turn one is the deal breaker for me. It's so much fun using Furious Charge followed by a combination of Get Over Here, Soul Shred, or Polar Pound. My complaint about her being squishy mostly had to do with PVE; I guess I'll just need to heal/taunt better!
  • Having both of them, I prefer Abigail for PVP. If I need something dead, she kills it. Rogar sometimes comes too, he's good for finishing off anyone who didn't quite die to whoever was hitting them. In campaign, Rogar's more survivable to the many small hits and can clear out small mobs.