How many of you burn gems to remain in top 10 pvp tournament?

2»

Comments

• edited September 2015
    @Totoro I'm not saying we don't spend, but you said that refreshing was for "momentary glory" and that you can use your gems more efficiently through portals or farming. Farming is debatable, based on what heroes you want, but you deff definitely get more value out of gems by spending 300 on pvp than 300 on a heroic portal. I can at least get top 5 in 2 weekday tournaments with 300 gems (150 each), as could most people. And if I spend 100 gems more, I will win 90% of the time (thus getting that 900/1000 back) and am guaranteed top 3 almost every time (never not gotten top 3 spending 250 in a weekday tournament). So like I said, 20-40 ponti tokens and ~7000 honor scrolls (2500*2 for top 3 and 900-1200 extra scrolls per tournament from extra fights) sounds better to me than 1-1.5 heroic summon. The only benefit of heroic is for exclusive heroes and you don't have to wait to build up honor scrolls. I guess I just was annoyed that you said it was only worth momentary glory, because I really could care less about glory. It's not even momentary glory, there just is none to start with. I just like the fact that I get as many scrolls to do 14 honor summons and an extra 20-40 point tokens for the price of one heroic summon. So yes, I still pay to win, but I pay a lot less than people who spend hundreds on the portals. If you do not want to pay at all, then that is fine. But when comparing the worth of how to spend gems the most efficiently, I think pvp is arguably the best way (to an extent. Not including people who win by 1000+ trophies just for fun)
    My Defense
    Hero Kira Tsume Torchy Lady Nimriel
    Level 23 23 23 23
    Star 5 3 2 4
    Ascension 1 2 2 1
    My Shared Hero: Rocky The Shiitake
    Flyingpizzacats

• I'm not judging you, honestly. I didn't even know this would blow up. You farm PvP because you see it as efficient. Got it. Peace be with you.

As for momentary glory, that's competition. I do PvP for that. I do strat games for that. Some pay to get more of it and some don't (they all compete at some level and all good). In the strat games and sports I come from, momentary glory is a big motivation. Once you get it, you move on to the next battle, tourney, meet, etc. And I know the people at the top of the PvP boards here too are mostly doing it for the glory, not the efficiency of it.

Sorry if I ignored the math. I'm tired now. ;)
    @Totoro I'm not saying we don't spend, but you said that refreshing was for "momentary glory" and that you can use your gems more efficiently through portals or farming. Farming is debatable, based on what heroes you want, but you deff definitely get more value out of gems by spending 300 on pvp than 300 on a heroic portal. I can at least get top 5 in 2 weekday tournaments with 300 gems (150 each), as could most people. And if I spend 100 gems more, I will win 90% of the time (thus getting that 900/1000 back) and am guaranteed top 3 almost every time (never not gotten top 3 spending 250 in a weekday tournament). So like I said, 20-40 ponti tokens and ~7000 honor scrolls (2500*2 for top 3 and 900-1200 extra scrolls per tournament from extra fights) sounds better to me than 1-1.5 heroic summon. The only benefit of heroic is for exclusive heroes and you don't have to wait to build up honor scrolls. I guess I just was annoyed that you said it was only worth momentary glory, because I really could care less about glory. It's not even momentary glory, there just is none to start with. I just like the fact that I get as many scrolls to do 14 honor summons and an extra 20-40 point tokens for the price of one heroic summon. So yes, I still pay to win, but I pay a lot less than people who spend hundreds on the portals. If you do not want to pay at all, then that is fine. But when comparing the worth of how to spend gems the most efficiently, I think pvp is arguably the best way (to an extent. Not including people who win by 1000+ trophies just for fun)

--
    Your friend, Totoro
  • @Totoro as much as I like the thrill of winning pvp, I still wouldn't call it glory xD sports is getting closer... At least at a high level of competition, you get something to show for it. The only thing you have to show for it in video games is a smaller bank account
    My Defense
    Level 23 23 23 23
    Star 5 3 2 4
    Ascension 1 2 2 1
    Flyingpizzacats

• To me, burning 100 gems to be in top 5 and 20-40 gems to be in top 10 is worth it.
  • Video game competition and harnessing the glory is a multi billion industry now. Our society got addicted to it as much as we did to Monday Night Football and the Superbowl. Cha'ching!

The competitive aspect is core. And, unbelievably, there are people trying to be called athletes when they compete even.
    @Totoro as much as I like the thrill of winning pvp, I still wouldn't call it glory xD sports is getting closer... At least at a high level of competition, you get something to show for it. The only thing you have to show for it in video games is a smaller bank account

--
    Your friend, Totoro
  • edited September 2015
    I certainly agree it is competetive and makes money lol. I am going into the video game development industry myself so I am well aware haha. I just don't think it is actual glory. I mean I guess if you're one of those people that actually compete in video game tournaments for money and you win, then I guess you can say you have something to show for it. But not very much, and you probably don't have much of a social life outside the Internet xD and even so, athletes have way more to show for it than gamers. Not saying it's not competetive, but winning isn't all that glorious. You don't even get a pat on the back, you just get random people across the Internet who think you hack/have too much money lol. Guess it just depends how you define glory. Glory to me means that you have achieved something of great worth. I don't think winning video games is worth much
    My Defense
    Level 23 23 23 23
    Star 5 3 2 4
    Ascension 1 2 2 1
    Flyingpizzacats

• Ahh I see...I'm talking about glory as the praise, not the achievement. You get glory from an achievement. We get a huge "Victory!" as a form of this every time we win in this game.

You want a cruder term I think, like bragging rights. So you may now understand why I said momentary glory...it's quite fleeting when the achievement is so small.

Come on though! People put a lot of time into these apps! And they put a lot of time into their virtual realities. They deserve virtual glory!

How did we devolve so quickly into philosophy....at least you are getting more to read on the boards tonight.
    I certainly agree it is competetive and makes money lol. I am going into the video game development industry myself so I am well aware haha. I just don't think it is actual glory. I mean I guess if you're one of those people that actually compete in video game tournaments for money and you win, then I guess you can say you have something to show for it. But not very much, and you probably don't have much of a social life outside the Internet xD and even so, athletes have way more to show for it than gamers. Not saying it's not competetive, but winning isn't all that glorious. You don't even get a pat on the back, you just get random people across the Internet who think you hack/have too much money lol. Guess it just depends how you define glory. Glory to me means that you have achieved something of great worth. I don't think winning video games is worth much

--
    Your friend, Totoro
  • Bad_Mojo wrote: »
    Wow 100 battles is crazy.

Clearly the whales haven't made it to the higher level tiers, I imagine it will be that way at 60 eventually. :#

or maybe they will get bored and quit before then lol

most People like me who mostly do 60-150 attacks each tourney dont really care about leveling up.

You can be a King or a street sweeper, but everyone dances with the Grim Reaper.
  • @Savage There's nothing wrong with it, I was meaning we should enjoy our 20 gem tourny's while we still can lol.

Go nuts on the gems, maybe it will bankroll some new content!
  • BallBall Member
    edited October 2015
    Can you explain what is ment by the term "whales" @Bad_Mojo. Im assuming its some sort of online term used for heavy spenders but I cant quite figure it out.
    rwgvva6ow25z.png
  • @Ball yessir you are correct.

I don't think it's derogatory though, at least I never meant it that way( if someone took offense).