Still can't Login.

Other posts say the issue is fixed but i'm still unable to get past the Loading.. Login screen

Comments

• ItchytorturepoxItchytorturepox Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Just some ideas:
    Turn off the device completely (hold in the power button, then swipe).
    Switch it back on and test the internet connection by browsing or checking email
    Run the game, if the issue is still occurring, share up the following info:

Device
    OS & version
    Rough Location

If everyone who is currently seeing the issue does this, they might be able to establish a pattern, or determine if it's account specific.

You may as well write a support ticket at that point, too.
    Player level: 70.0
    My Dungeon Boss YouTube channel: YouTube.com/videos
  • MetafreyMetafrey Member
    edited September 2015
    iPhone 6
    iOS v. 8.4.1
    Dungon Boss v 0.5.2635
    Australia

Stuck on Loading...(Login)
    Level 70 - IGN - Metafrey

• Iphone 5S
    iOS v. 8.4
    Dungeon Boss v. 0.5.2635

Ipad 4
    iOS v. 8.0
    Dungeon Boss v. 0.5.2635

Location - Sydney, Australia
    Stuck on Loading...(Login)

Was there an issue with Facebook in Australia this morning or last night?
  • No idea not a big Facebook user, just have it to play games theough

• Yesterday morning it was down
  • 2 Australians, maybe it's that? Ugh, really trying not to go to the App Store looking for something to occupy me but I don't want to. Even worse when I know there's an evo event on which I was waiting for (Nim evo) :(

• Yeah, I'm in Aus and have the same issue, still cannot log in...
  • I'm not from australia and I use android, game version is 0.5.2576 and still can't log in
  • Hey,

Im in Sydney, Australia, and am stuck on the login screen as well. Have had this issue since i tried logging in around 7am this morning, so a total of 5 hours now..

iOS 9
    iphone 6
    Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it. - Salvador Dali
  • Yup, I'm from Melbourne, Australia and my game is stuck on the "Loading... (Login)" screen too. I was able to play fine last night right before sleeping.
  • Yep same here. Was able to play fine last night around 11pm.

I have tried to restart my iphone and tried reinstalling the app and still get the same error.

Can the dev's please look at this urgently. It seems like there are quite a few of us who haven't had the login issue resolved.

Thanks
    Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it. - Salvador Dali
    Anyone with the issue have a logcat viewer (Eclipse, Android Studio or an app)?

If so, look for (something like, it might be slightly different):
    E/ActivityThread﹕ Failed to find provider info for com.facebook.katana.provider.AttributionIdProvider

Which might appear in the log a few seconds after the app is launched. If you do spot it, it'll be the same issue we saw yesterday with the Facebook outage, just localized to your area.
  • @Itchytorturepox I don't think such a thing is available for iPhone unless you know an app?

Metafrey wrote: »
    @Itchytorturepox I don't think such a thing is available for iPhone unless you know an app?

Not sure about iOS, but there appear to be a few apps for Android (Google something like "logcat app android"), if you can log in to your game on an Android device?

I think the issue we saw yesterday was down to the request for a Facebook cookie being returned as null (server was off, or whatever), but the game wanted it so badly that it looped the request for it. I have no idea how these requests are routed, but given the recency of that issue, and the evidence that quite a few of you suffering it are currently Down Under, it does smell like a local Facebook server is to blame.
  • Metafrey wrote: »
    @Itchytorturepox I don't think such a thing is available for iPhone unless you know an app?

Not sure about iOS, but there appear to be a few apps for Android (Google something like "logcat app android"), if you can log in to your game on an Android device?

I think the issue we saw yesterday was down to the request for a Facebook cookie being returned as null (server was off, or whatever), but the game wanted it so badly that it looped the request for it. I have no idea how these requests are routed, but given the recency of that issue, and the evidence that quite a few of you suffering it are currently Down Under, it does smell like a local Facebook server is to blame.

Lol are you implying that there is a problem with facebook? are you serious right now?
    Jviega wrote: »

Lol are you implying that there is a problem with facebook? are you serious right now?

No and Yes. It's a theory, and I did use the phrase "but the game wanted it so badly that it looped the request for it".
  • They messed something up and they didn't fully fix it, that's all.
  • Jviega wrote: »

No and Yes. It's a theory, and I did use the phrase "but the game wanted it so badly that it looped the request for it".

and even if the problem was with fb, what exactly do you suggest on doing to fix it?
    Jviega wrote: »
    and even if the problem was with fb, what exactly do you suggest on doing to fix it?

Go on a vacation? Find a different source of entertainment? I don't know, I don't work for them, just a gamer... just trying to be helpful. Again, the statements I made were:
    1. It's a theory
    2. but the game wanted it so badly that it looped the request for it

So, if #1 is true, perhaps they should find a more elegant solution for #2. What do you think?

I've been locked out of my main account for 10 days or more, now. It's not that I don't empathize with you, I do, I just find your complains comparatively trivial and mawkish. So, give me a break... please, just trying to help out.
  • I'm not attacking you or anything, it's just that my point is none of this matters because it's a problem on their side, nor us players.
    one thing I have noticed that all the players who suffer from this log-in issue are from australia, besides me. kind of weird.
  • 10 days? Aw man. Any chance that will be fixed for you?

• CanSevilmisCanSevilmis Member
    edited September 2015
    From Turkey İstanbul Android Phone and last 16 hours cant login game
    10 days? Aw man. Any chance that will be fixed for you?

Yeah, I'm sure the fix is imminent. Hopefully, once they've attended to the new wider issue that you guys are seeing, they'll find the time to get my stuff transferred and plugged back in.

Hat's off to them really. Boss Fight is a pretty small company, and they're likely under extreme pressure from both Big Fish and their paying and non-paying customers. Sometimes it might be down to just one or two programmers, who have the necessary tools to be able to figure out the problem, then the solution, then get the management teams to figure out how to quickly push that out to those affected (without breaking something else).

I have confidence in them. They'll figure it out.
  • Same goes for me. I'm from Melbourne, Australia and I havnt been able to log in for 24 hours now.
  • JovethJoveth Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Hi everyone, it looks like login issues are still affecting some folks and we are investigating the cause today. I'll update this thread once we find a resolution. Thanks for your patience.
  • Yup, can't login either :/
    TYRANNO992

• What's confusing and annoying is how my brothers game is working fine and we live with one another and we are both using iPhone 5s'. We started playing at the same time and now he's way ahead of me. I'm gonna flush his phone down the toilet... Nah only joking... But seriously I might
  • Login working fine now.
    TYRANNO992

• JovethJoveth Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    If you are having still having these issues, can you give as many details as possible? Where exactly does the game get stuck? Do you see the "Welcome [Name]" prompt from your BFG account pop up?