Black Diamond Nerf

Since the most recent "just got better" I've observed definite nerf of Black Diamond's Blade Storm. Through a dozen or so pvp raids, it's doing FAR less damage than it used to.

Comments

• Interesting. You sure its not just your opponents passives? Nerfing rogues will make attacking even tougher...
  • doesnt mean like it...just raided someone and the damage seems the same. around 1k. Ill test again
  • I've recently gone up against teams much lower than previous, and yet she is doing barely 1/3 the damage she used to.
  • Do they look like this: Yoko, Bovus, Willow, Tsume?
  • Uhh... Mine is fine :p if it was a tiny bit lower maybe I just didn't notice, but I would notice if it did 1/3 as much, or even 2/3 as much
    My Defense
    Hero Kira Tsume Torchy Lady Nimriel
    Level 23 23 23 23
    Star 5 3 2 4
    Ascension 1 2 2 1
    My Shared Hero: Rocky The Shiitake
    Flyingpizzacats

• Actually... Maybe they did nerf it. But that would be crap if they just snuck that in there. I wouldn't say 1/3 as much. Maybe they reduced it to 75% damage. Does anyone have a picture of blade storm before update and after?
    My Defense
    Level 23 23 23 23
    Star 5 3 2 4
    Ascension 1 2 2 1
    Flyingpizzacats

• I'm pretty sure blade storm used to do more damage than death blossom..
    jp5jxukpkmtf.jpg
    4f7cezd9jeda.jpg
    My Defense
    Level 23 23 23 23
    Star 5 3 2 4
    Ascension 1 2 2 1
    Flyingpizzacats

• azgame12azgame12 Member
    edited October 2015
    -Edit- Hit enter too soon lol

Anyways, it doesn't seem to me like BD was nerfed, but with the health bars being whacky due to passive buffs, I really can't tell lol
    azgame12
  • It's important to understand the passive effects of each hero on one another. Attacking a team like Bovus Yoko and Willow is the equivalent of attacking a 130% hp Bovus and a 115% hp Yoko. I don't think BD's damage was nerfed, if it seems like it's doing no damage, it's because she went first (before masuta) and had to break through the bonus HP.

rSjjHP2.png
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-23972-1357928615-5.gif

• Was actually thinking the same -- she just doesn't seem as reliably strong as before.
  • Just had a dungeon raid where the defense didn't have any heroes that buff HP, the only damage she dealt to speak of was to a weak hero. Used to take out more than half of some heroes' health, but this time - with the same said heroes at the same level and star-count, she barely made the gauge move down.

I'm telling you, she's been nerfed very significantly.
  • JohnnyJamJohnnyJam Member
    edited October 2015
    there MIGHT be some truth to his. there is a almost 250 damage difference. I doubt the * could reduce 250 damage

9 hours ago. My BD deal 1201 damage to a level 49 3* tsume

auvbg49wvk6p.png
    weyzqhgywxeu.png

NOW 2 mins ago: My BD dealt 956 damage to a level 48 4* tsume

b72ax65cqvo8.png
    lbwjuaq02u2s.png

There is a no armor buff only only HP Buff. Look at the NUMBER not the hp bar. OP might be right.

• I actually think one * can make that much difference. But still, I've experienced this with many identical attacks on same enemy heroes.
    AtoZ wrote: »
    I actually think one * can make that much difference. But still, I've experienced this with many identical attacks on same enemy heroes.

but the 3* is level 49. BD should deal 1k at least. ill test again but it feels weaker
  • sohtrusohtru Member
    edited October 2015
    Yes, because of how the damage formula works, 1* (out of 5 total) compared to ONE level at an already high level 45+ is much more significant to the damage formula. Also, there is a variability of damage on your own Black Diamond of about 10%, so one fight she could've hit 90% of her damage and the other a 100%.
  • Eh.. It feels weaker to me. On offense and defense
    My Defense
    Level 23 23 23 23
    Star 5 3 2 4
    Ascension 1 2 2 1
    Flyingpizzacats

• sohtru wrote: »
    Yes, because of how the damage formula works, 1* (out of 5 total) compared to ONE level at an already high level 45+ is much more significant to the damage formula. Also, there is a variability of damage on your own Black Diamond of about 10%, so one fight she could've hit 90% of her damage and the other a 100%.

i fought level 51 4* tsume before and I hit over 1k. I was surprised that I loss that battle.
  • Not saying it's impossible something went wrong with Black Diamond, just saying it's hard to provide significant enough data to prove it considering you'd need to fight the exact same Tsume multiple times.
  • JohnnyJamJohnnyJam Member
    edited October 2015
    sohtru wrote: »
    Not saying it's impossible something went wrong with Black Diamond, just saying it's hard to provide significant enough data to prove it considering you'd need to fight the exact same Tsume multiple times.

Been using rogue team since level 25. I know my limitation.
  • CptKloss wrote: »
    Easy people, easy. I'm sure we will soon get a surprise "Make BD great again" package for silly $29.95!!

Yup!
  • Yeah I've done hundreds of dungeon invasions with BD and I know what to expect. I know slight variation and I know nerf.
  • Xerxes2coolXerxes2cool Member
    edited October 2015
    I have noticed a slight decrease to blade storm damage as well. Not too sure though. I wish they give us patch notes or something if they decide to change numbers.
  • LukioseLukiose Member
    edited October 2015
    As a frequent user of Black Diamond i can personally confirm she took a heavy nerf.

Level 50, 5* Ascended once, her Blade storm went from 1200~ base power to just over 800. Her Blade storm was nerfed by 33% without us being informed. Dirtbag devs

Edit: Her assassinate seems to have taken a slight nerf as well from 1.4k+ to 1.2k+
  • sohtrusohtru Member
    edited October 2015
    @Lukiouse

But how? Did anyone even see a change in her listed Attack/Skill damage values? Unless they specifically put a section of code in that only applies to Black Diamond's final damage, it couldn't have been a nerf without changes to her attack or skill damage (listed for all to see on her hero page).

• HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I use her in a tag team with Shadowblade and they still kick **** so I didn't notice a nerf.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• I don't know if they actually changed any numbers, but it is quite noticeably lower on delivery..
    My Defense
    Level 23 23 23 23
    Star 5 3 2 4
    Ascension 1 2 2 1
    Flyingpizzacats

• @sohtru her Blade Storm took a base power nerf by about 20-33%. Did you even read my post?
  • sohtrusohtru Member
    edited October 2015
    I don't see any screenshots, so how can I make assumptions? Of course I read all the posts. If we assume what you say is true, then there isn't any debate here. She'd have been nerfed, period. Screenshots please?

*Based on the time frame other individuals gave with their examples, I didn't personally see a change in my Black Diamond's numbers. Need to have images of the same Black Diamond's hero page numbers shown from before and after the change.