Rune Stat Multipliers from Min to Max Level

FoozleFoozle Member
I have enough data now to discern a pattern for all possible rune types. Table below shows the multiplier you gain by taking a rune from minimum to maximum level. In the case of Rare and below, that is from Level 1 to Level 20. For Heroic and Legendary it is from Level 1 to Level 30. This data should be helpful for you when deciding whether to upgrade a Rune or not. You can estimate the ending stats that your upgraded rune will have and you can compare them to existing runes that you potentially might swap them in for.

Some interesting things to note. The Tier of the rune didn't appear to matter. The data was the same for Improved, Greater and Superior runes. I didn't have many Lesser runes in my data, but for the few I did have the data was consistent for them as well. Also, the Star level didn't matter. The multipliers were the same at all Star levels. Also, the multipliers were the same for both the primary and secondary stats.

For all the integer based stats (Defense, Health, Attack, Skill), the multipliers are roughly the same between Rare and Heroic, but there is a big drop in the multiplier for Legendary. For example, if you take a Rare rune from Level 1 to Level 20, your Attack rating will double (multiplier of 2.0). If you take a Legendary rune from Level 1 to Level 30, your Attack rating will only increase by a factor of 1.7.

For the percentage based stats (Crit, Damage, Dodge, Damage Reduction and Resists), the multipliers for Heroic and Legendary are significantly higher than Rare runes. For example, if you take a Rare rune from Level 1 to Level 20, your Crit rating will increase by a factor of 2.6. If you take a Legendary rune from Level 1 to Level 30, your Crit rating will increase by a factor of 3.4.

Another interesting thing to note is that Dodge on Rare runes is the worst stat in terms of multiplier compared to all other stats. I'm not sure why they chose to penalize Dodge. Another inconsistency is why the integer based stats on Heroic runes don't get an improvement over Rare runes, while the percentage based stats on Heroic runes do. On integer based stat runes, Heroic and Rares are equivalent, but on percentage based stat runes, Heroic and Legendaries are equivalent.

Perhaps @Joel or @Joveth can provide some insight into this, although they haven't chosen to shed any light on these sorts of questions in the past, so I'm not holding my breath. It would be nice if they would at least check with the devs to make sure these inconsistencies are not bugs and are indeed intended. I'm also wanting to know if the cost to upgrade being the same at all Rune tiers is planned or also a bug. Seems like a Lesser rune should be cheaper to upgrade than a Superior one, but for now they are exactly the same cost.

txd742fx8n91.jpg

Post edited by Foozle on

Comments

• Thanks for the info, Foozle. Math is delicious.

Tell me again, why you don't have a guru tag?
    #NotMyPresident
  • FoozleFoozle Member
    edited October 2016
    Idimustari wrote: »
    Thanks for the info, Foozle. Math is delicious.

Tell me again, why you don't have a guru tag?

I'm not sure DB likes me very much as I sometimes will point out bugs and inconsistencies with the game as a result of my analyses. :smiley:
  • Very useful information, although your other post has an estimate of the final stats anyway. This is just a more accurate way of knowing what your final stat will be after the 6% variation.
    So for Heroic/Legendary runes for the % skill, it is just that the starting value at level 1 is low, so the multiplier is higher to compensate to get them up to their final values (and the reverse for the non% skills)? I wonder why they did this? Why not just have a static multiplier for all stats and set the starting stats appropriately? Or are their programmers sitting their thinking to themselves ... how can we keep that @Foozle guy busy until we come out with our next update?
    p.s. BTW Mininum > Minimum for when you next update your chart.
  • Very useful information, although your other post has an estimate of the final stats anyway. This is just a more accurate way of knowing what your final stat will be after the 6% variation.
    So for Heroic/Legendary runes for the % skill, it is just that the starting value at level 1 is low, so the multiplier is higher to compensate to get them up to their final values (and the reverse for the non% skills)? I wonder why they did this? Why not just have a static multiplier for all stats and set the starting stats appropriately? Or are their programmers sitting their thinking to themselves ... how can we keep that @Foozle guy busy until we come out with our next update?
    p.s. BTW Mininum > Minimum for when you next update your chart.

Yeah, good point about the other chart estimating the max level stats. Like you say, it is useful in estimating what a specific rune will upgrade to given the 6% variation. Thanks for finding the typo -- will fix.
  • + 1 for Foozle!

Another interesting glimpse into the game. Thanks again for sharing these analysis you do. I always find them interesting and helpful.
    Teal125
  • This is crazy, how the rare can do more than legendary? why they did this? D:
  • Gaspin wrote: »
    This is crazy, how the rare can do more than legendary? why they did this? D:

It is just the multiplier from the original stats. Heroic and Legendary runes have higher starting stats.
  • There didn't appear to be any change based on the recent update.