New rune rolling system (tuning). Watch this before you use it...

124»

Comments

• FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited November 2016
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    I think many people (including myself) have asked you to give us more detail, specific detail, as to what the bar represents, other than just a "it gives you a bonus chance of upgrades". Like if the bar is 50% full, what does that represent exactly? A 50% bonus chance (i.e. if the chance for an upgrade from rare->heroic is 20%, then with a 50% bonus it is now 30%)?

This is the key. 30%? or 70%?

In other words as you near the end of the bar are you pretty much guaranteed a Heroic? Because it really doesn't feel like that.

With that large of an investment, I think most of us would expect nothing less than a Heroic if you roll all the way to the end. That's what seems fair.

Doing 12 rolls on a Vampiric Rune and not ending up with the Vampiric trait is rubbish. Complete bollocks.
  • Okay now I'm confused:
    Joveth wrote: »
    For example, if the bar is 50% full, you have a 50% chance to Tune a higher Rarity on your next Tune. If it looks 75% full, you have a 75% chance of getting a higher Rarity on your next Tune.
    Joveth wrote: »
    A full bar (which, as you point out, is currently not possible) does not represent a 100% chance for an upgrade in rarity.
    To my understanding, the first quote indicates that the progress in the bar is indicative of a (bonus) percentage, which directly reflects the chance that you Tune your rune to a higher rarity (i.e. 50% full = 50% Tuning success). However, the second quote seems to contradict this statement (i.e. 100% full =/= 100% Tuning success). Could you shed some light on this?

• That would lean toward a full bar being a "100% bonus", i.e. instead of a 20% chance, you would have 20% + 20%. Yay!
  • @Joveth I, for one, am overjoyed with this update. As a level 55 with few gems at a time, the lesser cost for lesser runes has been great! And the chances for improved runes are also to my advantage. in the last 5 of the runes that I've actually tried to reroll, three have been legendary. I'm very glad you're paying attention to lower level players rather than max level, top guild players that get upset(see above) when everything isn't about them. Also appreciate that you aren't completely pandering to them. It makes the game much more fun overall. Keep up the good work!
  • One thought I had last night while crafting the ten dark runes for the quest line -- every single rune I crafted ended up being a five star rune after a few rerolls. That was almost a little suspicious.

The rerolling system now skews toward delivering high starred runes of lesser rarity. Those extra stars don't benefit you much (really a 5% bump up in efficacy for each star) but they will cost you quite a bit more to upgrade (roughly double for each star added).

So they've made it easier to create huge gold voids to sink your in game wealth into.

The cost of the rerolls on the improved is definitely improved if you're rolling to the end but I would still appreciate having those first two rolls at a lower increment, i.e. 5/15/25/25/25/etc. as those first two rolls are really just fleshing out attributes on the rune.

Rerolls on Greater runes did cost me more than I've ever really spent on runes before and those first few rolls were painful as they really didn't do much but still cost the same as the rest. Would appreciate it if they also changed those costs to ramp up gradually. Maybe 5/15/35/65/65/65/etc.?
  • FatCat69 wrote: »

Rerolls on Greater runes did cost me more than I've ever really spent on runes before and those first few rolls were painful as they really didn't do much but still cost the same as the rest. Would appreciate it if they also changed those costs to ramp up gradually. Maybe 5/15/35/65/65/65/etc.?

People would have said this was a good update if they did that. Instead it's a move that has angered it's fan base and made an aggressive money grab.

No one wants to spend 130-195 gems to find out they are getting a double resist rune.
  • I think people are forgetting that the "no more than 4 rerolls" strategy was created because of how the rerolls were priced. It's not because 4 is some magic number.

Honestly, I found the old system very frustrating when it came to trying to craft very specific high powered runes. Going to 10 rerolls almost never made sense. But getting a 4-5 star heroic or legendary rune with the right stats was a complete crap shoot. Also, people are acting like all those materials have no cost...

So far every rune I have max tuned has gotten to at least 4 star heroic, and I don't max tune a rune unless it has 2 stats I want at first, and sometimes I stop if the 3rd stat isn't what I want. This saves on materials. It usually only takes me a few tunes to get to rare, and by then I know what most of the stats are going to be. Then I can full tune it to get it to heroic or higher.

I think having lower costs at the beginning would be beneficial so that we're not spending as much gems for runes we'll have to salvage. I also think that there should be a minimum of a heroic rune for a full 12 tunes.

The system certainly could use a bit of tweaking, but I don't agree with the folks who are completely enraged by it.
  • We need to know all attributes as soon as the rune is crafted.
    10328949?gid=