Need a strong yellow hero

Purple v yellow.

Purple is killing it in power houses that hit like trucks!

Kobal
Brom
Zomm
Daeris
Shade
Kozar

Yellow.... Nothing

Comments

• MK
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
    I can no longer stand the direction of this game nor the insulting way issues are dealt with
  • MK

• ZEN MK BD
    Maybe a few more pennies
  • edited November 2016
    dont worry
    I CPU-YellowHeart. pilot of the STAR GUNDAM
    iyze1n4tvcj3.jpg
    SHALL PROTECT YOU!!
    Peashy, Star Lightning - Gundam, LAUNCH!
    [Cues, Last one by Back On]
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
    y0uLL Ju5T hAVe TO J01n tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
    EHAAAA~HA~HHA~HA~HAA~HA~HA~ha~hA~ha~Hha~ha~ha~HA~Ha~!!!!!!!!!!
  • ItchytorturepoxItchytorturepox Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    The elements/colors are loosely based on MTG, where their white color/element is DB's light. Which is primarily healing based.

If you're doing a direct comparison, for example light vs dark in pvp, traits like Avatar of Light and Wushu can substantially reduce the potential of damage from dark. There are some light teams that can take out most dark defenses with ease. I'm not really sure where the balancing is required right now, the addition of a light "heavy hitter" (or give someone like Emily one or two big upgrades) could be interesting, but they might have to modify some traits elsewhere first. The designers are probably a little reluctant to wander too far away from the healer and/or rogue character types, but you never know...
    Player level: 70.0
    My Dungeon Boss YouTube channel: YouTube.com/videos
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    The thing is, MK hits hard but can't take a hit. Same with all Yellow heroes who do any amount of damage. Meanwhile, Dark heroes like Zomm Brom and Ponti can not only take a hit, but melt their enemies' faces off in the process. It all comes down to utility, I guess. MK is special in that he dodges a lot, and shreds Undead (which covers a lot of those high health - high damage heroes), and heroes like Brom and Ponti are pretty much just there to deal lots of damage and not much else.

I agree it would be nice to have a Light hero who is both incredibly tanky and deals loads of damage - Like Brom - even if it means sacrificing their utility or healing abilities. It's just crazy how much stronger Brom is than most heroes in literally every aspect. Even his team leech makes him stronger (whenever its ready, that is) than many healers.
  • 4k atk?..lol
  • We need another light for sure..how about slow and tanky..an upgrade to emily would be great. But tanked out runes. High epic..she already a rock.
    Making alex a construct was fun for a minute. But then the infinite hp boost was taken out..now the tin man has more heart. And subsequent worth.
    A, slow tank. Worth the effort..non construct. .that can actually hit..how about a tank buff to phemus, and a light opposite to kozar. And a ogre team..just saying.
  • My MK could be hit by a Mack truck and still look like the honey badger.
  • MK is decent but no where near the utility of the powerhouse dark heros, Zen is very good but I hardly ever need him in pve because the undead or kobal/Daeris can wreck everything.

Would love to see a strong light warrior as Augustus has found himself on the bench, dhaegon is fun but without dwarf synergy he is seldom of use for me, sifu is a glass cannon but considering we have many of those he is useless currently.
    Drew21 wrote: »
    MK is decent but no where near the utility of the powerhouse dark heros, Zen is very good but I hardly ever need him in pve because the undead or kobal/Daeris can wreck everything.

Would love to see a strong light warrior as Augustus has found himself on the bench, dhaegon is fun but without dwarf synergy he is seldom of use for me, sifu is a glass cannon but considering we have many of those he is useless currently.

The thing is Brom can both hit harder and take more damage than Sifu...
  • @JackHallow666 he is also slow
    @JackHallow666 he is also slow

Honestly doesn't matter seeing as how ridiculous his stats are. He's too tanky to die from an unboosted MK Death Blossom, and can kill the little guy in one hit.
  • @JackHallow666 it definitely does matter...if any fast/normal speed hero had stats similar to zomm brom or kozar they would be insane...that's the trade off...we could also start a thread saying purple needs a good fast aoe hero bc yellow has 2...honestly in the current meta, a first position Kira is the hardest thing to deal with.
  • @JackHallow666 he is also slow

Honestly doesn't matter seeing as how ridiculous his stats are. He's too tanky to die from an unboosted MK Death Blossom, and can kill the little guy in one hit.

What? You actually see non-runed MKs walking around? I thought that breed was extinct.

Brom might be able to one shot MK as he can one shot quite a few heroes. I will never know since Brom is always, always, always dead before he gets to go.
    Teal125
  • For the OP...I was a little surprised to see this thread since I consider the yellow group to be the strongest for PvP. For PvE, yes dark is usually much better but overall, yellow is really good right now. Green on the other hand...yes green could use some work.

Teal125
  • epicredcardepicredcard Member
    edited November 2016
    @rpger001 I would say yellow was the easiest mono color quest until shade...dark was by far one of the worst two...ties with green, but shade made dark the easiest now probably...but like you said to the op yellow has at least two champion heavy hitters...and Emily who could revive one of them to insta attack in case they did die, and Aria to make them all a pain to hit
  • RenlyRenly Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Make Leo actually tanky, or remove his tank tag and make him a warrior. He's about as delicate as some of the weaker beasts, and hits for less. His only upside is his ability to revive another hero, which is more of an annoyance than an actual threat.

And like others said, give us a slow yellow heavy hitter.

Sifu is a sleeper, he may become pretty fun and interesting whenever he gets his epic.
    IGN: Renly
    DB Guru | OG Potato | Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne

“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
    ― A.A. Milne

• Guys, don't forget MK.
  • kalamadeakalamadea Member
    edited December 2016
    danac wrote: »
    Guys, don't forget MK.

0d1ixjdu0o10.jpg

Glad you mentioned him, I knew we forgot someone!

• mk is tanky though, immunity to crits and shifty is a pain in the you-know-what to kill, couple that with insane utility and good damage and you have a winning combo. If you were thinking of a light hero who dies quickly, you spelt black diamond wrong.
    Current Wishlist: Solaris.

Free agent.

Buff Takumi, Balog and Alexandros.
  • Just for the sake of doing it let's look at this another way....

The heros you listed are:
    Kobal
    Brom
    Zomm
    Daeris
    Shade
    Kozar

Kozar, zomm, and brom are all slow...so until we get a slow yellow this is an unfair comparison on hero strength.

Darius and kobal are both heavy hitters but are normal speed so I would argue that BD and MK hit just as hard as these two yet they are fast so have the advantage. Kobal also has the drawback of his desiesed heart making him a threat to kill. Yellow has another hero with a "be smart when to kill" in Leo.

The final hero you listed is shade. And while he does some good damage he really shines in his utility...but yellow has the bat utility hero in the game in zen.

So the big problem her isn't a lack of heavy hitters it's just a lack of desired style heavy hitters...I think the deves want the colors to have some differences and therefore certain heros or styles are enjoyed more by some others...

Over all I agree purple has more big hitters but I think that is their colors "identity." Yellow is more utility.

Ps I think shadow blade, Ella, and especially Malice are even more big hitters in the dark category.

snhc7sfaxpll.png

P.s.s. Yellow also has 2 less heros compared to purple, 3 less then blue and red, and 4 less then green. So we may get some new game changers for them soon.
  • I heard a rumor that Dagrund is yellow and typically hides on the sidelines. However, despite being a coward, he is all powerful.
  • The elements/colors are loosely based on MTG, where their white color/element is DB's light. Which is primarily healing based.

If you're doing a direct comparison, for example light vs dark in pvp, traits like Avatar of Light and Wushu can substantially reduce the potential of damage from dark. There are some light teams that can take out most dark defenses with ease. I'm not really sure where the balancing is required right now, the addition of a light "heavy hitter" (or give someone like Emily one or two big upgrades) could be interesting, but they might have to modify some traits elsewhere first. The designers are probably a little reluctant to wander too far away from the healer and/or rogue character types, but you never know...
    Hmmm in that case can I have an avacyn hero? I don't like it when my things die... Or how about a Linvala? I don't really like my enemy's abilities, just turn them off :tongue:

In other words, where are my busted angels!
    centralcommand
  • solve by making alexandros useful. please?
    ps- I'm with those who are seeing a runed out MK on EVERY 2 hero defense. he is just so good.
  • ItchytorturepoxItchytorturepox Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Hmmm in that case can I have an avacyn hero? I don't like it when my things die... Or how about a Linvala? I don't really like my enemy's abilities, just turn them off :tongue:

In other words, where are my busted angels!

I really think the potential is there for Emily. I'm not really all that keen on her epic ability, and I never got past the problem that she is usually second in line to a revive potion (or a friend's hero).

She has wings. Why not make her become fast on alternating rounds? Give her basic attack a 2-2.5x boost vs dark or undead. Replace her epic, it could do all kinds of cool things instead, e.g. silencing one or more targets, buffing herself and/or others with indestructable and have a damage element that shocks the target then hits a second time.

Upgrade her impervious by adding fear and/or haunted.

Give her that boiling blood buff (or whatever it's called), perhaps if she misses or is dodged a couple of times in a row. Angry Emily does 3x damage vs all targets.
    Player level: 70.0
    My Dungeon Boss YouTube channel: YouTube.com/videos
  • I really think the potential is there for Emily. I'm not really all that keen on her epic ability...

I did not think much of her either until the day she single handily pounded my peanuts into butter in PvP. Runed up and with a leveled epic she is a force on defense. I think I was on a some PvP quest at the time so not everyone I brought was optimal but she still surprised the heck out of me as her epic kept going off, fueling heals. I am not saying she is amazing but she is a stand out defender in my book.

Teal125
  • rpger001 wrote: »
    I really think the potential is there for Emily. I'm not really all that keen on her epic ability...

I did not think much of her either until the day she single handily pounded my peanuts into butter in PvP. Runed up and with a leveled epic she is a force on defense. I think I was on a some PvP quest at the time so not everyone I brought was optimal but she still surprised the heck out of me as her epic kept going off, fueling heals. I am not saying she is amazing but she is a stand out defender in my book.

That's what I've heard - she's nothing great until her epic.