[Day 14 Update] Winterfest is Here! PLUS, Day 14 Unlock Bonuses

Comments

• seanluckyseanlucky Member
    edited December 2016
    @NateDoge Each door opens up a new set of quests. You can have day 1 and day 2 open at the same time, a new door doesn't overwrite the previous set of quests. Don't hold off opening doors for too long though. You won't necessarily be able to complete all 14 days on the last day. For example, Day 1 requires 3 towers to complete the quests.

@diabolic the relative price between items change between events. Some events favor plants/crystal purchases, while others favor metals/raw materials. Some favor loot keys, some favor gold (which can in turn be used to get you loot keys).

@wisemagic7 I'm at 26.5K wreaths at the moment with 10.5K left to claim for day 1 [all aether resources and 140 gems towards PvP). So, 37K when day 1 is wrapped up. 45K may be possible depending on how much wreath is given days 2-14 in the quests because that's where the real majority comes from.

@Danac 12*2.5K = 30K not 54K. Math is hard

@Zernjatko Door 1 requires 3 completions of towers and is available for 14 days. The door tells you how long the quests will remain active for before activating it. And there is an event banner that is created after opening it with a timer as well. You'll be able to complete this quest still ! :)
  • seanlucky wrote: »

@Danac 12*2.5K = 30K not 54K. Math is hard

heh.
    oops.
  • I've read the faq twice, read this whole thread and I'm still confused AF! I have no idea what to do, I have the two free keys, so do I use it on the first door? Do I run the tower and not open the door? Halp?
    level 70
  • Joel wrote: »
    Zanza004 wrote: »
    @Joel @Joveth
    Is there any chance we can know how many gold keys are necessary to 6* the new guy? Do we need 12 gold keys or is he only going to show in x amount of the days?

We won't be saying exactly how many, but you'll be able to clearly see which days have Grog-Gnog tokens available for them. :)

My question is...why? Why not let us plan ahead? There's nothing entertaining about not knowing ...it's just irritating and distracting from what could be a fun event. I'm already upset that I used a bronze key on day 1 out of sheer ignorance that I might be shooting myself in the foot because now, apparently, there won't be tokens each day. Sorry "choose wisely" only makes sense if there is wisdom involved. This seems more like random guessing. Where's the fun in that? Hope you take all this to heart. Thanks for reading.
  • I actually made the decision that the devs have been rocking lately and spent $9.99 on the gold key for day one. I'm hoping that money will turn into a commensurate amount of entertainment, and not just a single day's worth of value...
    1611701?gid=
  • Joel wrote: »
    Nekramess wrote: »
    @Joel

NobodyPi wrote: »
    @Joveth How long do the quests last once you open a door? Thanks.

All doors should say how long quests last before you open them, and if you need to be reminded about a timer, just check you Events screen. That will tell you exactly how long quests for that day's door. . :)

Thanks for this event.

About getting the timer from my events screen, nothing is mentioned about Holiday social quest! Will it last 24 hrs or even more?

• I have seen everyone talking about they having 3 keys on the first day. I only have 1 silver and 1 bronze. GM?
  • That's what everyone was given. No one was given 3 keys to start.
  • Given the fact that this is only day one of the event, this is going to be an amazing event, if not the best DB ever had.

Only one flaw: sparkly Christmas objects in dungeons act like normal sparkly objects. I have no actual incentive in running long hard dungeon farming them like with Halloween pumpkins, but I guess the main focus of this event is getting wreaths from event quests, so no complaining there
    Andre4897
  • BrezelkBrezelk Member
    edited December 2016
    solved
    Post edited by Brezelk on
  • @Brezelk 14 more days...
  • Seen someone reported sparkly objects not dropping anything. They are still occuring nearly one per dungeon :/
  • AlysonAlyson Member
    edited December 2016
    guys the event is great, but the last boss in the tower is too strong. He oneshotted my team (Ella-Nub nub-Shade and Pontifex), and all of them have maxed runes and almost full 6 stars... Do something pls. Have screenshoots too... Thankssyzn8s60xwkc.jpg
    dq27jrt026a9.jpg

I'm lv 64 and Lupina was easy to beat, the other one is too overpowered.
  • What's up with the presents/sugarcanes skinned sparkling objects? Are they useful for anything at all?
  • @seanlucky...Thanks for taking the time to help everyone out!

@joel/Joveth.....I think seanlucky deserves a couple of free gold keys, don't you
  • @seanlucky...Thanks for taking the time to help everyone out!

@joel/Joveth.....I think seanlucky deserves a couple of free gold keys, don't you

Seanlucky, don't you create more alt accounts ;P
  • Alyson wrote: »
    guys the event is great, but the last boss in the tower is too strong. He oneshotted my team (Ella-Nub nub-Shade and Pontifex), and all of them have maxed runes and almost full 6 stars... Do something pls. Have screenshoots too... Thankssyzn8s60xwkc.jpg
    dq27jrt026a9.jpg

Kai, Bovus, Ella (targeting GG), and another damage dealer should do the trick for ya. Just make sure all their first abilities are available and it will be no problem.
  • Are pve clickies supposed to drop tokens?
  • NateDoge wrote: »
    Are pve clickies supposed to drop tokens?

no they are like normal sparkly objects
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • Imo the clickies to tokens was one of the best parts about the Halloween event...
  • AmmoAmmo Member
    edited December 2016
    Please ignore... :)
    1611701?gid=
  • Apathetic wrote: »
    Imo the clickies to tokens was one of the best parts about the Halloween event...

If the dungeon sparklies gave out wreaths, that would force us to run dungeons manually if we want to maximize our wreath totals. I'm glad that the majority of wreaths will be from quests. It's like a forced break from the game. I, for one, could use the break.
  • Apathetic wrote: »
    Imo the clickies to tokens was one of the best parts about the Halloween event...

i agree and i am so happy they didnt include tokens in this event. I would feel forced to play instead of enjoying holidays. Being able to play this event and not have to dedicate hours to this event is whats going to make it awesome.
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • AlysonAlyson Member
    edited December 2016
    Eamz wrote: »
    Alyson wrote: »
    dq27jrt026a9.jpg

Kai, Bovus, Ella (targeting GG), and another damage dealer should do the trick for ya. Just make sure all their first abilities are available and it will be no problem.

The thing is that I was able to reach the last floor only with this team and usually is always like that(or minus ella and with brom) since the tower I find ALL the time is absurd. I have to fight vs team maxed stars with 4 or more levels than mine and with maxed evolution. So when I reached the last level I didnt expect it to be a "oneshoot" thing, since the tower was already op,and I had spells never used, again on cd(another strange thing).. IDk if it has sense to try again and do the tower. I actually think that they made the last boss too hard and a lot of ppl will have issue in doing it and will give up.
  • Now after seeing the first day's quests and rewards I must admit it is way more generous than it looked like. I'm happy and really looking forward to the days to come :)

Also @Alyson, I found the bosses more than easy with Shade + Ponti which just killed them both... I don't know about your runes or stars or ascensions but at lower levels it might be more difficult... (?)
  • I'm level 56, my roster is decent but my runes are crap (working on that). I've completed the tower twice since yesterday and had not issues beating the bosses both times.

I don't think they're too hard. They offer a reasonable challenge. And having to fight someone other than good ol' Lord Chromus is a nice change, especially during a special event.
  • I'm also looking forward to what this event will bring. Remember -- it's ONLY DAY 1, people!

They have to pace themselves for a two-week long event so that things don't get old and stale.

I agree with the others -- if the sparklies gave out wreaths or tokens, I would be running dungeons for the next two weeks and I'm not sure I or my family could endure that. The holidays is about spending time with loved ones. The way they've structured this, to allow you to pick and choose when you spend time on it, is actually pretty ingenious.
  • Im of course not sure if it's supposed to be that way... but I've got another free bronze and silver key for today...? I'd be glad if that wasn't a bug :)
  • JovethJoveth Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    RandomUser wrote: »
    Im of course not sure if it's supposed to be that way... but I've got another free bronze and silver key for today...? I'd be glad if that wasn't a bug :)

We've sent them out to all players! You should be getting a bossmail shortly letting you know that :)