What have you done?

I'm not asking you what you developers have done, because we all know what happened.

The new PvP. Big update! New balancing! New rewards! New quests!
We all LOVE IT!

Actually, most of us hate it.

The PvP changes screwed this game over. I have seen seven people quit, and I'm not able to see everyone. I talked about this update on multiple occassions to friends online or in person, and I just sent them all a "Do NOT play this game" because of this update.
Sure, someone is going to disagree. Want to know why? Because they're a VIP5+, because they have shade, because they bought rune packs, or because they're level 70 and it doesn't matter.
Go ahead, disagree.
coffee sip

Back when Kai was released, he was annoying. Still, he had counters. With the runes update, you (the developers) essentially said "Spend money, win." to an even higher degree. Shade? Don't get me started. I'm spending 1.6mil on refreshes because all I see these days are Kai Shade Ponti, Kai Shade Kozar, Shade Daeris, etc.
News flash! It gets old!

You took away strategy from the game, you took away heroes by making them obsolete, you screwed people who don't spend upwards of $200+ on this, and honestly.. I am not the only person who will no longer purchase anything in Dungeon Boss.
My money, as well as others, which you seem to so greedily desire, is going elsewhere.
Does that tick any alarms out there?

Your game, Dungeon Boss, which you worked SO HARD on, is going to die from the inside if you do not listen to your players. You just s-c-r-e-w-e-d everyone who doesn't pay much in this game, and everyone who is not level 70.
179 raids by level 69-70s in 7 hours
33 trophies lost per lost defense
(5907 trophies btw, and I only get 100 per win.)
Made creative bait teams useless
Made anyone under 68-70 essentially useless and unable to compete at all
Reduced the rewards of PvP
Killed some players' ability to get gold, tokens, or otherwise anything PvP related
And you divided the community into "I pay this game to win" and "I am gimped and having very little fun for not paying".

I, guildmates, players in general chat, have been demoted from Gladiator I to Gladiator 2 or 3 six+ times over the course of this update because of this horrible, poorly thought-out update.
And why did a level 70 furnace melee my Zomm for 12.3k noncrit without buffs? Ridiculous.

Really, I don't know what is going on. Developers, if you are running low on funds, truthfully, tell us all. But after having Shade, then the EXPENSIVE as HELL winter event, now the broken PvP system only for the biggest spenders? Sure seems like you're hoping to draw extra.
Well, here's the thing:
If your lower levels (which consist of the majority of the game) are screwed and unable to have fun besides PvE, you will lose them, and lose potential income very, very rapidly.

What happened? Why did you resort to bigger and better instead of fixing and restoring? Nerfed bovus and tsume, gave us SHADE? I'm disappointed! Everyone I talk to is disappointed! And yknow what, the only ones who say "I like this update" are using a 6star shade as their friendshare, or are level 70. Every. Single. One.

I ask, as a simple human with a burning passion that is rapidly dying for this game, for the developers, creators, managers, administrators, whatever you call yourself, to just..
Talk with us.
Not your wallet, with us.
Why are you pushing us casuals and slowgrinders away, when we could be having fun and enjoying taking our profits and putting them to your hard work?

This, essentially, sums up the emotions, facts, chat, and ideas that I have been gathering for at least the past month. I'm just one person, but that's because I have an iron will and an even stronger passion. Others have my same feeling towards this, I'm just one of the most outspoken.

Sincerely,
~ A critically enormous percentage of your average players, who just got very, very upset.
«1

Comments

  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited January 2017
    I completely agree that you should be pissed about this update. But because of the huge number of bug, little thought out league sorting, etc. Not because you can't compete. I'm free to play and have no problems at 70. There are about 6-10 heroes that you need to have starred and runed to compete in PvP. The rest won't do you much good aside from switching teams around for fun. So focus your resources on only the heroes that will help. Heck, if you have zen and kozar, you can beat anyone within 5 levels of you no problem. And those are both frequently in the non-VIP portal and have had lots of quest lines. And good improved and greater runes are easily farmable with some pretty basic boss mode teams (kobal, dagrund).

    If you feel like you can't compete without spending, you either aren't a serious daily player (and so shouldn't be able to keep up with those who are), or else you are putting your time and resources into very wrong places. I don't spend, but I'd be mad about how little advantage it gives me if I was a big spender.
  • To be honest I hate it as well (so far) but not for the same reasons. I'm used to not shelling out money and playing pay to win games (to be open about it I actually have spent a little money on this particular one though.. I really liked it), generally you get creative, you accept that you are always at a disadvantage, or you quit. I was never a pvp person, didn't even do the questy ones til I got into a guild and went what the hell, I'll give it a shot to help the guild.. My reaction was "hrm, this is alright." So they roll out the changes and I'm like this is gonna be awesome right? concept: 5 stars execution: "er.. tell me this is all just bugs being worked out." Perhaps the worst experience I've had with a game, had I just walked into it and not been playing for months I'd have already deleted it and found something else to waste my time on :) - Since the update the only reason I'm even attempting some of the pvp anymore is because I'm reaaaaally close to 6 starring zomm - once that is done (if I manage it with the current set up hehe) I'm done with pvp and if I were in a guild that had set requirements for crowns I'd be done with that too. - If the games starts leaning more and more to pvp then I'm done in any case (even if the pvp gets sorted and isn't as wacky as it is now.) Maybe I just missed where people got the greater rune of pimpsmakio or something, but it seems to not matter if you have levels and stars on them and have a combo that should not only hold its own, but do well against the group you face.. it is either an easy win (10% or so for me- these mostly consisting of me using tsume and them getting him to within a nanometer of death before he gets a chance to soul shred so when he finally does they all die.) OR "Do I have a truck bumper in my teeth? what was that?!?!" (90% for me) hehe.
    I'm hoping the current way of things gets worked out and am willing to give it a bit before throwing in the towel, but if the experience stays the same.. well there are plenty of apps in the C+ or you know.. whatever. :)
  • I don't think the game is fun even if you've spent a bunch of money. I've spent a decent chunk on this game over time, and I really can't stand the new PVP, largely because I quickly hit a point where I feel like I can't win, so why bother to play? I keep throwing different teams at these much more powerful defenders I'm seeing, and with tremendous effort I can push myself from Gladiator 3 to Gladiator 2, and then I set down the iPad and go work or something, and when I get back, I've been hammered and now I'm back to Gladiator 3 again. And I feel like if I figure out some new strategies, I'm still at best going to get to Gladiator 1, where the defenders will be even worse. Unless there is some meta-strategy I'm missing, it seems to me there are some defense teams that I just cannot beat, at least with my current set of heros. So I'm back to grinding to try to level up and get more stars and so forth, but I'm stuck, because I can't move forward on the main quest because I'm at 52 and I need to be 55 to start the next section, and on challenge I'm hitting dungeons that I can't easily complete (level 66 recommended). So I can grind the dungeons I've already done, which is less than exciting.

    And I really don't find the tower super fun. It seems like it's just send in bait, wait for the defenders to exhaust their first specials, send in a real team and clean up. Lather, rinse, repeat 11 times, followed by an easy and underwhelming fight with Lord Chromus.

    I keep reading on this forum that all you need is Zen and Kozar to win all the time. Maybe that's true if you're leveled up and runed like crazy, but I have both Zen (4 star, FA), and Kozar (3 star, first ascension), with decent runes, and they cannot beat anyone I'm getting. Sure, Kozar hits fairly hard, and add Shade and you can avoid Kai's nerf, but that's not enough to kill most of the defenders I'm seeing, so I get absolutely freaking hammered by people with, say, Kai, MK, BD and Ponti, 6 levels higher and runed up like crazy, which seems to be the standard team I get to face.

    So what is there to do in this game? The fun factor seems severely lacking right now. And I'm the kind of person that they should want to keep - I spend money as long as I'm having fun. And I'm not having fun. And I don't even see a way to start having fun by spending money.
  • Not a PvP fan to begin with, and now it's even worse. Same teams over,and over,and over,and over,and over,and over,etc.
  • I actually think this new pvp system is alright. I don't have shade and I'm not a large money spender (only vip3 from money I spent almost a year ago). There are definitely things that have to be fixed, but at least an effort was made to fix the previously boring and broken pvp system.
    azgame12
  • I'm fine with the new PvP system.

    Shade team? Bring a low level hero, 9 times out of 10, Shade will target it. Kozar plus zen, grog for extra health and attack, GG.

    Kai team? Shade counters it. Or don't even bother, Kozar plus Zen, grog for extra health and attack, GG.

    Shade AND Kai? Bring my own shade. Kozar plus zen, grog for extra health and attack, GG.

    Frankly, saying "OMGEEZERS YOU CAN ONLY WIN IF YOU PAY" is both ignorant and untrue. If you REALLY expected to be on top as a sub-70, I hope this reality-check fixed that. That's the mentality of someone who expects to be able to pay to win.

    And PvP being only for "big spenders"? How about the concept that you can use those tower and daily quest gems for raid tickets? Or Aether for raid tickets? Every 8 matches, I get 3 tickets from the quests that are currently active. You had access to getting shade when he was released... not the dev's fault that you were too lazy to complete the quest lines for his tokens. You were able to gather honor from PvP to get a greater or superior rune pack. If multiple guildmates (70 and BELOW, many low VIP) were able to do that, you have no excuse.



    TL;DR: Stop acting like someone has wronged you, because you can't be number one as a sub-70. This is the norm for MANY games.
    #NotMyPresident
  • Just pointing out that part of the perks of seasons is they can do more champion balances. They're already looking at Zen, and I'm sure Shade is near the top of the list. There's bugs a plenty in this update, but Shade being OP isn't one of them. Also, and I'm apparently in the minority on this, but if you're not level 70 and well runed you're not supposed to be able to compete with those who are. Pvp brackets are designed for you to find your level of skill, and win 45-60% of the games, as you get better you're win rate will improve and you'll move up in brackets. I'm 53 and I would be disappointed if I could grind my way to Legend I.

    On that note I'll get all of this out of the way. The update was buggy as hell (they've already fixed some and are working on the rest), the matchmaking was way too wonky (I have over 250 losses to lvl 70s vs my 53), and the variety in PvP is non existent. Still had 100x more fun actually challenging myself instead of just winning 95% of the time like I did in the old system. My 2 cents anyway.
  • I completely agree that you should be pissed about this update. But because of the huge number of bug, little thought out league sorting, etc. Not because you can't compete. I'm free to play and have no problems at 70. There are about 6-10 heroes that you need to have starred and runed to compete in PvP. The rest won't do you much good aside from switching teams around for fun. So focus your resources on only the heroes that will help. Heck, if you have zen and kozar, you can beat anyone within 5 levels of you no problem. And those are both frequently in the non-VIP portal and have had lots of quest lines. And good improved and greater runes are easily farmable with some pretty basic boss mode teams (kobal, dagrund).

    If you feel like you can't compete without spending, you either aren't a serious daily player (and so shouldn't be able to keep up with those who are), or else you are putting your time and resources into very wrong places. I don't spend, but I'd be mad about how little advantage it gives me if I was a big spender.

    Where is the imagination in zen kozar, win. Zen kozar, win. Zen kozar, win. ? Also, kai debuff ruins Kozar.
  • Finn wrote: »
    To be honest I hate it as well (so far) but not for the same reasons. I'm used to not shelling out money and playing pay to win games (to be open about it I actually have spent a little money on this particular one though.. I really liked it), generally you get creative, you accept that you are always at a disadvantage, or you quit. I was never a pvp person, didn't even do the questy ones til I got into a guild and went what the hell, I'll give it a shot to help the guild.. My reaction was "hrm, this is alright." So they roll out the changes and I'm like this is gonna be awesome right? concept: 5 stars execution: "er.. tell me this is all just bugs being worked out." Perhaps the worst experience I've had with a game, had I just walked into it and not been playing for months I'd have already deleted it and found something else to waste my time on :) - Since the update the only reason I'm even attempting some of the pvp anymore is because I'm reaaaaally close to 6 starring zomm - once that is done (if I manage it with the current set up hehe) I'm done with pvp and if I were in a guild that had set requirements for crowns I'd be done with that too. - If the games starts leaning more and more to pvp then I'm done in any case (even if the pvp gets sorted and isn't as wacky as it is now.) Maybe I just missed where people got the greater rune of pimpsmakio or something, but it seems to not matter if you have levels and stars on them and have a combo that should not only hold its own, but do well against the group you face.. it is either an easy win (10% or so for me- these mostly consisting of me using tsume and them getting him to within a nanometer of death before he gets a chance to soul shred so when he finally does they all die.) OR "Do I have a truck bumper in my teeth? what was that?!?!" (90% for me) hehe.
    I'm hoping the current way of things gets worked out and am willing to give it a bit before throwing in the towel, but if the experience stays the same.. well there are plenty of apps in the C+ or you know.. whatever. :)

    Congrats!! Im 11 tokens from a 6* Zomm as well. He is my big undead baby, besides Kobal
  • DonnyJoe2 wrote: »
    I don't think the game is fun even if you've spent a bunch of money. I've spent a decent chunk on this game over time, and I really can't stand the new PVP, largely because I quickly hit a point where I feel like I can't win, so why bother to play? I keep throwing different teams at these much more powerful defenders I'm seeing, and with tremendous effort I can push myself from Gladiator 3 to Gladiator 2, and then I set down the iPad and go work or something, and when I get back, I've been hammered and now I'm back to Gladiator 3 again. And I feel like if I figure out some new strategies, I'm still at best going to get to Gladiator 1, where the defenders will be even worse. Unless there is some meta-strategy I'm missing, it seems to me there are some defense teams that I just cannot beat, at least with my current set of heros. So I'm back to grinding to try to level up and get more stars and so forth, but I'm stuck, because I can't move forward on the main quest because I'm at 52 and I need to be 55 to start the next section, and on challenge I'm hitting dungeons that I can't easily complete (level 66 recommended). So I can grind the dungeons I've already done, which is less than exciting.

    And I really don't find the tower super fun. It seems like it's just send in bait, wait for the defenders to exhaust their first specials, send in a real team and clean up. Lather, rinse, repeat 11 times, followed by an easy and underwhelming fight with Lord Chromus.

    I keep reading on this forum that all you need is Zen and Kozar to win all the time. Maybe that's true if you're leveled up and runed like crazy, but I have both Zen (4 star, FA), and Kozar (3 star, first ascension), with decent runes, and they cannot beat anyone I'm getting. Sure, Kozar hits fairly hard, and add Shade and you can avoid Kai's nerf, but that's not enough to kill most of the defenders I'm seeing, so I get absolutely freaking hammered by people with, say, Kai, MK, BD and Ponti, 6 levels higher and runed up like crazy, which seems to be the standard team I get to face.

    So what is there to do in this game? The fun factor seems severely lacking right now. And I'm the kind of person that they should want to keep - I spend money as long as I'm having fun. And I'm not having fun. And I don't even see a way to start having fun by spending money.

    I agree. zen Kozar doesnt work all the time, and if you add shade, youre just another pay to win. Honestly. The fun factor has died rapidly, and god, tower is such a drag. Ive beaten it hundreds of times.
  • Idimustari wrote: »
    I'm fine with the new PvP system.

    Shade team? Bring a low level hero, 9 times out of 10, Shade will target it. Kozar plus zen, grog for extra health and attack, GG.

    Kai team? Shade counters it. Or don't even bother, Kozar plus Zen, grog for extra health and attack, GG.

    Shade AND Kai? Bring my own shade. Kozar plus zen, grog for extra health and attack, GG.

    Frankly, saying "OMGEEZERS YOU CAN ONLY WIN IF YOU PAY" is both ignorant and untrue. If you REALLY expected to be on top as a sub-70, I hope this reality-check fixed that. That's the mentality of someone who expects to be able to pay to win.

    And PvP being only for "big spenders"? How about the concept that you can use those tower and daily quest gems for raid tickets? Or Aether for raid tickets? Every 8 matches, I get 3 tickets from the quests that are currently active. You had access to getting shade when he was released... not the dev's fault that you were too lazy to complete the quest lines for his tokens. You were able to gather honor from PvP to get a greater or superior rune pack. If multiple guildmates (70 and BELOW, many low VIP) were able to do that, you have no excuse.



    TL;DR: Stop acting like someone has wronged you, because you can't be number one as a sub-70. This is the norm for MANY games.

    First off, youre using shade as an excuse
    Secondly, you're assuming some of us had the ability to grind for shade
    Third, tower means jack diddly squat. Not only is it long and grindy, and gives decent gems, but it doesnt help PvP in the slightest.

    As stated earlier, Zen Kozar meta is an old, overused team. Get creative, sometime! You might enjoy it.

    I dont expect to be a top 70, I expect my 340 days of hard grinding and playing hours a day to pay off, not be easily shut down by someone lower level who wasted money on a greedy game.
    *Micdrop*
  • Agon wrote: »
    Just pointing out that part of the perks of seasons is they can do more champion balances. They're already looking at Zen, and I'm sure Shade is near the top of the list. There's bugs a plenty in this update, but Shade being OP isn't one of them. Also, and I'm apparently in the minority on this, but if you're not level 70 and well runed you're not supposed to be able to compete with those who are. Pvp brackets are designed for you to find your level of skill, and win 45-60% of the games, as you get better you're win rate will improve and you'll move up in brackets. I'm 53 and I would be disappointed if I could grind my way to Legend I.

    On that note I'll get all of this out of the way. The update was buggy as hell (they've already fixed some and are working on the rest), the matchmaking was way too wonky (I have over 250 losses to lvl 70s vs my 53), and the variety in PvP is non existent. Still had 100x more fun actually challenging myself instead of just winning 95% of the time like I did in the old system. My 2 cents anyway.

    Shade himself isnt OP. It's shrouded and x2 for the hardest hitting heroes that's a pain in everyone's backside.
    Id be sad too, if I got legend I.
    But I know level 70s who cant get past Gladiator I, because theyre facing the same old meta and being raided connnnstantly.
  • Overrall, Ive seen a lot of negative feelings towards this update, Zen + Kozar uncreative spam metas, and "Then get Shade, because you need him-" Just. Get out. Out. This is against common teams and against VIP-only game-breaking content.
  • Overrall, Ive seen a lot of negative feelings towards this update, Zen + Kozar uncreative spam metas, and "Then get Shade, because you need him-" Just. Get out. Out. This is against common teams and against VIP-only game-breaking content.

    I agree with all your comments that zen/kozar is boring. But that wasn't the point of your original post. That was all about not being able to compete unless you spend money. Maybe you don't like zen/kozar, but you CAN compete without spending money by using them, with no real disadvantages from those who spend a lot of money. Your comment above that kai ruins kozar is demonstrably wrong, which means you haven't really tried the combo much. There are lots of other threads from people complaining that kozar rips right through everything even with kai's debuff.

    Yes, shade helps too. But he also was unlockable for free. And his star level isn't really relevant to what he does once runed up, so money doesn't help you there either. In this game, money lets you work less hard for things, but there is virtually nothing that you can buy to gain a real advantage over free to play players who are willing to work hard and grind.
  • RenlyRenly Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    521ff4617e7ed94f3c17c9c3a3950368.jpg

    Things are definitely a bit whacky right now. It pains me to see a lot of long time players quit or near that quitting point. Ride this one out, and hopefully once pre-season (aka: beta testing) ends, things will start to look better.
    IGN: Renly
    DB Guru | OG Potato | Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne


    “What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
    ― A.A. Milne



  • JesusZombieJesusZombie Member
    edited January 2017
    I'm in the same boat. I'm a level 53 player that keeps teeter tottering between Gladiator 1 and 2. If I want to complete any Pvp quests and win four or five raids I jump back into the Glad 1 tier. I then immediately get bombarded by level 70 big boys until I get demoted back to the second tier. I can't seem to get out of this rut. I really want to ride this out since I've enjoyed the hell out of this game for the last two months but if this continues much longer I'm out.

    3mtgtnutdvz1.png


  • Just need to not worry about pvp this time around (cause it's already ****) and see how they respond to the complaints. Once they've said "working as intended" then maybe it's time to leave, but for now I'm giving em time to turn it around.
  • Renly wrote: »
    521ff4617e7ed94f3c17c9c3a3950368.jpg

    Things are definitely a bit whacky right now. It pains me to see a lot of long time players quit or near that quitting point. Ride this one out, and hopefully once pre-season (aka: beta testing) ends, things will start to look better.

    God Ive been here around 390 days total, maybe 400 including other accounts. Ive seen old days, and I miss em.
  • Overrall, Ive seen a lot of negative feelings towards this update, Zen + Kozar uncreative spam metas, and "Then get Shade, because you need him-" Just. Get out. Out. This is against common teams and against VIP-only game-breaking content.

    I agree with all your comments that zen/kozar is boring. But that wasn't the point of your original post. That was all about not being able to compete unless you spend money. Maybe you don't like zen/kozar, but you CAN compete without spending money by using them, with no real disadvantages from those who spend a lot of money. Your comment above that kai ruins kozar is demonstrably wrong, which means you haven't really tried the combo much. There are lots of other threads from people complaining that kozar rips right through everything even with kai's debuff.

    Yes, shade helps too. But he also was unlockable for free. And his star level isn't really relevant to what he does once runed up, so money doesn't help you there either. In this game, money lets you work less hard for things, but there is virtually nothing that you can buy to gain a real advantage over free to play players who are willing to work hard and grind.

    I have heroic power runes and a blue improved precision on kozar, and he doesnt counter FA Kai. He's 4*, and full ascend. Even if my Kozar did 25000 damage, 30% of that is only 6k. Lots of folks Im seeing have at least 8k HP.
  • I'm with the author of this post. The new PvP sucks monkey balls. And those who have tried to counter have missed the point: it doesn't matter whether some people like it - what matters is that many do not. And that's because unhappy players are far more importnat that happy ones. Unhappy players stop playing, and if a game loses a third to half of its players, it dies.

    So they have to change it. And really quickly.

  • What seems odd to me is that 50% of the brackets are a free for all? Should it not be like the top 10% of the brackets or maybe just the top tier league? Why half of all brackets?

    I think if forces too many to be miserable losing to top level 70 players.
    I suspect there are not enough players to make this system work at the top without such a wide range, otherwise the top guys just keep raiding the same opponents. Either the top is unhappy or the folks under them are unhappy.

    It goes back to what I say here alot, they need a bigger player base to make this work. Maybe that will change but probably not. too many people leave in the late 20's to mid 30's when they have gotten behind the power curve.
  • Idimustari wrote: »
    I'm fine with the new PvP system.

    Shade team? Bring a low level hero, 9 times out of 10, Shade will target it. Kozar plus zen, grog for extra health and attack, GG.

    Kai team? Shade counters it. Or don't even bother, Kozar plus Zen, grog for extra health and attack, GG.

    Shade AND Kai? Bring my own shade. Kozar plus zen, grog for extra health and attack, GG.

    Frankly, saying "OMGEEZERS YOU CAN ONLY WIN IF YOU PAY" is both ignorant and untrue. If you REALLY expected to be on top as a sub-70, I hope this reality-check fixed that. That's the mentality of someone who expects to be able to pay to win.

    And PvP being only for "big spenders"? How about the concept that you can use those tower and daily quest gems for raid tickets? Or Aether for raid tickets? Every 8 matches, I get 3 tickets from the quests that are currently active. You had access to getting shade when he was released... not the dev's fault that you were too lazy to complete the quest lines for his tokens. You were able to gather honor from PvP to get a greater or superior rune pack. If multiple guildmates (70 and BELOW, many low VIP) were able to do that, you have no excuse.



    TL;DR: Stop acting like someone has wronged you, because you can't be number one as a sub-70. This is the norm for MANY games.

    Lots of people, even VIP 8 people like me, don't like the changes and we don't feel "wronged" even though we've spent a bunch of money in the game - we are providing feedback about what we like and don't like. Shade always targets Zen for me, even if I have a low level in there (probably because I have no light low levels), and I always get the same lineup - shade, zen, kozar OR I get an epic'd MK who one shots almost my entire team, and he's typically paired with an unkillable emily even if one or two heroes survive.

    I've seen many people say they are rocking it (I haven't had a win streak of more than 8), and many people say they are not. I'm one of those "nots". Just because you are seeing something one way, doesn't mean it's the only way things are happening.

    I don't expect to be even close to #1. I just expect to see teams that are equivalent to mine or slightly harder or slightly easier. The fact that defense is always full energy and attacks first makes it very difficult. Also, I've literally only been attacked by 70s. And I'm losing 110+ trophies in many cases. I just posted in the main thread - I was offline for 10 hours and went down two tiers (from champ 1 to glad 2). That's absurd.
  • At this point, once I hit Glad 2, I can't win. Every once in a while I try something in Glad 2 that wins, but typically I look at the defenders, who are almost universally 6-9 levels higher than me, and think, "I'm going to get pasted - heavy runed MK, heavy runed BD, Ponti, Kozar" and then I try a strategy and I get pasted. Obviously if I keep at that eventually I drop back to Glad 3, and then I can win most of the time. But I hate spending my tickets on a losing strategy. So basically once I hit Glad 2 now, I switch my defender to a single Jabber, and leave it alone for 2 hours or so, and now I'm back in Glad 2 and can win a few, so I knock off some PVP quests, end up in Glad 3, see a bunch of teams I can't beat, and repeat.

    I'm sorry, but this is FREAKING NUTS! My best strategy is to set up a losing defense team?

    The basic issue right now is that PVP is tilted toward defense, so once you reach a point where you can't win on offense (which is kind of by design - you're not supposed to be able to get into the higher tiers at level 52), you can pretty easily set up a defense that either will lose rarely, or is so intimidating that no one will try it. Basically, they need to switch it out - offense needs to be given an advantage over defense. Either offense needs to start going first, or something more subtle where defense gets a nerf. Basically when you hit the level where you aren't winning much on offense, you need to vulnerable on defense, so you'll get kicked down to the previous level and have to fight back up. Really, if you leave PVP alone for a while you should lose tiers, and that's not happening.

    I note that today I played several games where the defense set up a lone, easy defender, often Jabber. It seems I'm not alone in thinking this way.
  • ...
    Where is the imagination in zen kozar, win. Zen kozar, win. Zen kozar, win. ? Also, kai debuff ruins Kozar.

    No. No it doesn't.
    KashHatton
  • What a mess: PvP is just awful. I have had matches where guys randomly attacked me over and over again. I had 3 fast heroes and they had 1, but it never let me attack. I sware everyone that I oppose does double damage and I do half if they are level 55. Not sure why level 55 players are immortal. Last, I did get one easy win today against a level 17 player. I felt bad, but I took the win with my level 70 Epic heroes. Sorry folks, but this really sucks. I wouldn't be upset if I hadn't spent nearly 30 million in gold trying to find something I could win so that I could complete some of the quests. I love this game, but I can't see continuing if it is going to be this frustrating.
  • every mobile online multiplayer game i ever played, pits like with like. Its no accident, its good business sense, you dont want your weaker/lower level players rage quitting now do you.
    This has not been the case in this new PVP release, because of the literal unlimited attacks people can get, the top 100 or so, just pound everyone else constantly, and so on down the ladder. Unless your on top of the pile, your not having fun.

    Things will balance out after the pre-season ? generally maybe, but there will be those working around it.

    I didnt like the previous PVP, the whole limitless attacks if your willing thing just meant 80% of people had no chance, but it was miles better than this.
  • I have crowns to earn for my guild. I was finally able to get them, but to win two PvP rounds took about seven tries. People keep telling me I am losing all the time against weaker opponents because I am not looking at how they are ruined. I assure you - I am looking. It doesn't matter. They do a ton of damage to me and I do very little to them. I was so angry at first, but it is just so ridiculous that I can't help but laugh. I have given up on the rewards in the shop. There is no chance of getting too many of those. Can someone please make Dungeon Boss Great Again?
  • One more complaint. sorry. I cannot complete the quest that wants you to defeat certain enemies in PvP. All the opponents I face have a combination of about 7 or 8 heroes. If there was a quest to defeat Shade, I would certainly have that one done.
  • Cjharris5 wrote: »
    I have crowns to earn for my guild. I was finally able to get them, but to win two PvP rounds took about seven tries. People keep telling me I am losing all the time against weaker opponents because I am not looking at how they are ruined. I assure you - I am looking. It doesn't matter. They do a ton of damage to me and I do very little to them. I was so angry at first, but it is just so ridiculous that I can't help but laugh. I have given up on the rewards in the shop. There is no chance of getting too many of those. Can someone please make Dungeon Boss Great Again?

    Sounds like you might be having trouble understanding team synergies, or who is a better counter against who.

    What's your level and what heroes do you normally use for PvP?
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    Cjharris5 wrote: »
    I have crowns to earn for my guild. I was finally able to get them, but to win two PvP rounds took about seven tries. People keep telling me I am losing all the time against weaker opponents because I am not looking at how they are ruined. I assure you - I am looking. It doesn't matter. They do a ton of damage to me and I do very little to them. I was so angry at first, but it is just so ridiculous that I can't help but laugh. I have given up on the rewards in the shop. There is no chance of getting too many of those. Can someone please make Dungeon Boss Great Again?

    Sounds like you might be having trouble understanding team synergies, or who is a better counter against who.

    What's your level and what heroes do you normally use for PvP?

    I might agree with you before the update, but this issue has been reported multiple times since then. I experienced it myself prior to reaching Legend
    .
    Low level teams and heroes do damage far beyond the reasonable high-limits for their stars/runes/synergies and take far less damage than they should.

    It doesn't happen all the time and is not happening to every player, but it is happening to some.

    Just another in the long, long list of issues players are currently experiencing.


    KashHatton
Sign In or Register to comment.

© 2015 Boss Fight Entertainment, Inc. ; Boss Fight, the Boss Fight logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Boss Fight Entertainment, Inc., used with permission www.bossfight.com