Pig Kahuna Pignius is the Next Top Hog!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
We have a bouquet of event prepared for you this week, and we're starting off strong with a very appealing quest line that has a delectable reward: The new "Pig Kahuna Pignius" skin! Keep an eye out for more fun things coming your way as the week goes on~

This tasty quest line will be available until Friday!

7sgcoey5dy66.png

Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on

Comments

• Well... That is a very fruity skin.
  • Wow, I mean, I can't even....

...Poor pignius.
  • mhmzayedmhmzayed Member
    edited February 2017
    another event appeared for a second and then the game updated and the event disappeared was this a bug??
  • This skin is hilariously awesome. I LOVE the avocado chest piece haha Skins as quest rewards are always a big favorite of mine too.
  • Can we get a list of all the skin quests to plan out our resources?
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• Thank goodness the new quest line involves more PvP. Like I did not see enough of Jerry over the last week.

DB must think their PvP is way more fun than it really is.
    Teal125
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    edited February 2017
    kpung07 wrote: »
    Can we get a list of all the skin quests to plan out our resources?

It's just a PVP questline, nothing particularly complex to plan here! You'll have until Friday to complete it. :)
  • rpger001 wrote: »
    Thank goodness the new quest line involves more PvP. Like I did not see enough of Jerry over the last week.
    DB must think their PvP is way more fun than it really is.
    Joel wrote: »
    It's just a PVP questline, nothing particularly complex to plan here! You'll have until next Monday to complete it. :)
    I, for one, am super excited to take on another 80 pvp attacks using a hero that isn't part of the current zen+kozar+shade meta against the same MK/shadow/shade defense.

soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • VictoriaVictoria Member, Administrator, Moderator, Big Fish

I was wondering how long it would take someone to post this lol.
    CYts0MKWcAMS4nB.png
  • bwijvww5m2sw.png

The Chiquita Banana Lady is going to sue for copyright infringement.
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • While I think it's great to have a new skin and even a questline to get it for free, why the actuall hell is it PvP again? You were even acknowledging in another thread that it is unbalanced right now and you are still testing things out, so why more of the same, currently unenjoyable matter? I love that game but I just can't understand some decisions from time to time... :(
  • Joel wrote: »

It's just a PVP questline, nothing particularly complex to plan here! You'll have until next Monday to complete it. :)

@joel event tab says ends in 4 days is that a mistake?
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • I guess this is our reward for beta testing pvp for BF
  • Drocas wrote: »

No, just typical quality control you can expect from DB. :P
    Drocas wrote: »

Oh darn it, I'm getting myself confused with other things. The quest does indeed end on Friday, but that's still plenty of time for you to get that scrumptious skin. Sorry for the confusion!

Oh darn it, I'm getting myself confused with other things. The quest does indeed end on Friday, but that's still plenty of time for you to get that scrumptious skin. Sorry for the confusion!

Valentines event lasting until Monday CONFIRMED

Yep! That's what I accidentally confused myself with. That event will be lasting until Monday, as will several of the quests from that event, but the Pignius quest will only be until Friday. I've updated my prior comments as well as the original post on this thread to make sure everything is as clear as possible. :)

Well, my app did just have a 2nd "DBJGB" message and downloaded another 60Mb update. More events coming.

Plus I got an email with pics of Lady Nim and Torchy with what appears to be a new skin.

• edited February 2017
    ... And then nobody took Pignius serious again. The end! Actually, I really like this skin!
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • Non PvP centric quest line (I hope). At least the first parts are not PvP. Okay, that is better DB. :)
    Teal125
  • I love the skin (it took me a while to realize exactly how wrong it is for a pig hero to have a Hawai'ian-flavored tone) but I have to agree with the outcry against basing it on PvP. We all know it's broken... it might've been nice to sub out the PvP raids for dungeon raids.
  • So does Kai want to eat Pignius now?
  • RenlyRenly Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Sitting here in Legend 1 with Top 100 too far out of reach. After all the PVP as of late, seriously contemplating just entering and retreating from raids.. thank you for not requiring wins B)
    IGN: Renly
    DB Guru | OG Potato | Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne

“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
    ― A.A. Milne

• Renly wrote: »
    Sitting here in Legend 1 with Top 100 too far out of reach. After all the PVP as of late, seriously contemplating just entering and retreating from raids.. thank you for not requiring wins B)

Funny, but I literally just wrote this on Line to my guild. PvP is so dull now I give it one round and then just retreat.
  • Another PVP questline? You guys are really dialing it in at the moment. It's not like you have a library of beast quests and dungeons from the last year and half you could reuse...

It looks like 1/6 in the questline is PVP raids. How about 2-6 anyone?
    Wilbean
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited February 2017
    Renly wrote: »

I have to say the first season I didn't try for top 100 and it was incredibly dull. I would often just let raid tickets expire. This season I'm fighting for top 25 (Teetering between 20th and 28th), and it's making the season considerably more exciting. Every night when I do my raids, ensuring a streak is really important so small mistakes can matter. It makes the whole thing feel much more skill based (Except when you lose to random 1 in 1000 probability dodge streaks >.>).

I think this says a lot about the current system however. There needs to be more incentive out of the top 100 to keep playing. It's that incentive which makes the system engaging and fun.

Edit: I know the system is currently a rich get richer... but all games are like that. An idea that came to mind would be simply stretching out the top reward brackets. Maybe the top 100 players get 3 different colored top 3 runes, next top 100 gets 2 runes, next top 200 get 1 rune. Obviously they have the data to refine these numbers, but if there are 2,000 people in legend 1 and only additional rewards for the top 100 then you have 1900 people who have zero reason to log on and pvp. This seems like a pretty huge flaw in the system.

It's kind of like legend tier in Hearthstone. Except goofing off in low legend ranks of hearthstone is significantly more fun than doing meaningless pvp in this game.
  • 2/6 is even more pvp - 15 participations needed.