Unequipping runes

I think I have made this suggestion before but I will make it again. When it comes to unequipping runes, I would like to see a mass unequip button sort of like "mass salvage". I have more than 60 heros to unequip and each takes three taps on the screen to do so. I started earlier today but was not able to afford the time to do it all at once and when I came back to complete it, the event was over. Come on guys, How about a mass unequip button???

Comments

• I Don't follow. Why would you want to take all the runes off all of your characters?

Personally I think the gold price to take the runes off can be a bit steep.
  • You never would outside of one of these free unequip events.

The complaint is that it takes so many manual steps to unrune a hero that unruning everyone becomes a real chore during these events.

Personally, I think the better solution would be to make unequips free (or at the very least, cheaper) all the time so that you are never unruning people in bulk -- just moving runes back and forth as necessary to make tweaks to your lineup.
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    You never would outside of one of these free unequip events.

The complaint is that it takes so many manual steps to unrune a hero that unruning everyone becomes a real chore during these events.

Personally, I think the better solution would be to make unequips free (or at the very least, cheaper) all the time so that you are never unruning people in bulk -- just moving runes back and forth as necessary to make tweaks to your lineup.

It's been debated so many times, but I'm still on the side that you can't just have free unequips all the time. Then people would only need to make a handful of runes and switch them around their heroes. It'd be too easy. Also, people would not spend nearly as many resources to make more runes either.

However, I'd love to have both unequip and upgrade costs of runes to be reduced significantly.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »

It's been debated so many times, but I'm still on the side that you can't just have free unequips all the time. Then people would only need to make a handful of runes and switch them around their heroes. It'd be too easy. Also, people would not spend nearly as many resources to make more runes either.

However, I'd love to have both unequip and upgrade costs of runes to be reduced significantly.

Why would it matter when the meta only features a handful of usable heroes anyway? Seriously, the roster of heroes makes the game seem so much more dynamic than it is. I wholeheartedly believe the cost of unequipping runes should be removed to, at the very least, facilitate experimentation. It also means that we'd be relying much less on second-hand empirical research.

• shiggity80 wrote: »

Why would it matter when the meta only features a handful of usable heroes anyway? Seriously, the roster of heroes makes the game seem so much more dynamic than it is. I wholeheartedly believe the cost of unequipping runes should be removed to, at the very least, facilitate experimentation. It also means that we'd be relying much less on second-hand empirical research.

You do make a good case that it probably doesn't matter as much given that there are only a handful of heroes you really need.

But don't forget sometimes there are PvE stages or events that can utilize non PvP heroes (undead team to autorun). So just because only a handful of heroes work for PvP, doesn't mean that there shouldn't be any costs associated with rune unequips.

It's a gold sink, one that I feel is necessary, but just needs to be adjusted some. Same with rune upgrade costs.
  • I'm not sure why it's necessary considering the exponential increase in gold for leveling hero abilities. Again, the cost of unequipping runes eventually becomes prohibitively expensive in light every other gold requirement and, at least for me, prevents experimentation.

Regardless, with a lot of players (myself included) focused more on PVP, the current state of the game means we're all just cycling through a handful of heroes with power and bulwark runes so I guess the point is somewhat moot.
  • I wrote this post, not so much worried about the cost but rather the manuel steps involved. Although I ABSOLUTELY hate runes, I reached a point where I've acquired more than I can mentally keep track of. A periodic mass unequip allows me to reallocate more appropriately. I am not a player who moves runes around much or tweaks my heros between battles. A periodic event is nice for me, although I still would rather not have runes at all.