honest thoughts aboud Shade

edited February 2017 in My Dungeon Discussion
I think shade is the most overused hero in pvp on both offense and defense.
but his stats honestly arn't even that good, and since zen and kozar got nerfed, I don't think he is that good anymore. he gets oneshotted by bd or masuta and takes 10 hits to kill furnace, compared to a well runed pontifex, who has the same health and defense, but much better damage and abilities. plz give me your honest thoughts about shade( I personally dislike shade on defense cause he can one shot torchy and black diamond)

honest thoughts aboud Shade 20 votes

shade is op because hes a vip hero and since I spent $2000 into the game I want to brag
5%
nyner 1 vote
shade is op because of dark shroud, without it, I don't think hes good
30%
pjworldCommanderrenWarrraxtechstaffSabbroAlphaBeta25 6 votes
shade can spirit link anything to death, that's like the only reason I think he is worth using
0%
shade can posses an attacking kozar and give them a taste of their own medicine
5%
JaxBoomstick 1 vote
I actually think shade does alot of damage since he can equip 5 power runes
10%
WolfreichBrehhhhhh 2 votes
I like shade because hes a leonidus for dark heroes and is now better now that zen got nerfed
10%
farfellaQuantumMottle 2 votes
I think shade is way too overused.
35%
Reaper8640graddersArchThiefRedjdjIgorokmain999coeurnoirtomcar 7 votes
shade suks cause all he does is haunted past and then he gets ko ed, even if he dosent he does no damage
5%
godfeast 1 vote
shade is crap in every way
0%
The Great Monk- Key shall protect my dungeon from attacks

SparkleStarley

Comments

• A few reasons why Shade is much better than Ponti:

1. Possession has the potential to be the greatest ability in the game. Not only do you get a hero with full health and energy who gets to go immediately, but Shade also cannot be killed until the possession ends.
    2. He uses 5 dark runes. Dark runes are the only color that can have attack or defense as the primary stat. You can build Shade to be a brick wall or a wrecking ball.
    3. His epic and passive are very useful, whereas I have rarely ever used Ponti for his passive and he has no epic.

There's a reason why Shade is so overused.
  • echonap wrote: »
    A few reasons why Shade is much better than Ponti:

1. Possession has the potential to be the greatest ability in the game. Not only do you get a hero with full health and energy who gets to go immediately, but Shade also cannot be killed until the possession ends.
    2. He uses 5 dark runes. Dark runes are the only color that can have attack or defense as the primary stat. You can build Shade to be a brick wall or a wrecking ball.
    3. His epic and passive are very useful, whereas I have rarely ever used Ponti for his passive and he has no epic.

There's a reason why Shade is so overused.

I agree with you in every way shade is better than ponti, but 4 power runes and 5 power runes have almost no diffrence, besides, you want one presicion or bulwark if you want to give someone a power loadout

SparkleStarley
  • You can't narrow it down to only one of his special attacks. It's all of them. If I had to pick I like spirit link the best and possession a close second. His moves make him a force in PVP. He isn't the best hero but he's up there.
  • Then came koros...... rip shade
  • Targan wrote: »
    Then came koros...... rip shade
    I think maybe that's the team's MO.

release an OP hero. next month, release the next OP hero that one ups the last OP hero. eventually there will be a bunch of heroes that basically makes the pvp game either 1 shot kills, or unkillable.

I am quivering in anticipation of the next installment.

maybe a legendary fast armored magical mushroom that does double damage to non-mushrooms and gains haste on receiving any damage and chance to revenge all attacks.
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • Ha, you want honest thoughts? I think you are on the wrong forum.
  • The beauty of the "good ol' days" of DB is that effects were a pain to maneuver through, but they kept everybody's interest. When they started using heroes to nerf the powers and effects of others (was that Kai who started it all?) this game began to snowball.

What I'm eventually getting at is that Shade is a key component to effect suppression. Putting him on a team with one or two (or three?) darks already puts him on Ponti's level -- and that's before you start talking about his Epic or his ability to raise dead, heal at the expense of the other team, and haunt.

Looking purely at stats is a good way to lose a lot of fights. That's why you can find heroes better than Yorick or Zurk... but they're much harder to beat when they're on an Undead team or Goblin team. Case in point: there's a special dungeon where Ponti is my go-to guy -- but that's when he's relying only on himself; in a group effort like PvP, Shade is hands-down the better option -- if not the very best option.
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    edited February 2017
    sigh..this again. We get it, you don't like Shade.
    Ponti, Zomm, and Brom are all better.
  • I dislike Shade as well, but not because he is bad, but because I think he is way OP, makes all Dark immune to any effects, has a good shot a direct kill 1 other as first action, then binds another opponent who gets the beating instead of Shade, after that he impersonate 1 fallen hero, own or opponent and has immideatly go at their first abbility.
    He renders many team option obsolent and thus does his best to screw PVP because you can forget any build relying on effects other than power, unless you have Viperia who can remove the Buffs, but since she is at normal pace half of your team is already dead when she has her go...
  • Brazy wrote: »
    sigh..this again. We get it, you don't like Shade.
    Ponti, Zomm, and Brom are all better.

I hate ponti, zomm is like the only hero that can survive koros, besides furnace, and brom is better than kozar at heavy hitting and sustaining, and I like shade, I just dont love him

SparkleStarley