Pay to Win - Tipsy Thoughts

MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
edited February 2017 in My Dungeon Discussion
So I'm sitting here with a drink in my hand hitting the fight button over and over, and after the umpteenth sub level 60 player I realized that I'm literally just inserting money into this game in order to climb up the ladder.

I don't think I've ever felt so pay to win in my life.

That's really all I have to say about that.

Edit: If someone with a modicum of drawing talent could draw a cartoon of me climbing on the backs of low level players to the top of the pvp ladder, I would really appreciate it!

Comments

• Agreed. I love watching the last matches of the top 5 or 10 ranked players and seeing a never ending stream of level 55-65 opponents. Nothing says "best in the game" like 700 wins against teams running tsume and ponti. Not to imply any fault with those players...they aren't enjoying it either. Just a terrible system.

You may be able to get away with bad matchmaking if heroes and teams were varied and balanced, and combat formulas allowed for something other than one hit board clears. You may be able to get away with team sameness and instant kills if matchmaking assures that you can only do that to people who can do it back to you. But when you combine unstoppable team wipes with matchups between your best of the best and your casuals...well you end up with a system where your serious players all use the same team to constantly destroy your casual players, and both types are miserable and pissed off about it.

How months of zen/kozar data and now another 5 weeks of (laughably dishonest) preseason data hasn't made this clear to them, I'll never understand.
  • @MattCauthron it's good to know I'm supporting the Top 100 by being a constant target at Lv58 so the Top 100 can thrive lol. I've posted this before, but I'll say it again - this pre-season really is all about the $$$

P.S. I have a few losses to you lol
    IGN & Line: N00BST4R
    Mauling Ogres Lv70
  • Rexob wrote: »
    @MattCauthron it's good to know I'm supporting the Top 100 by being a constant target at Lv58 so the Top 100 can thrive lol. I've posted this before, but I'll say it again - this pre-season really is all about the $$$

P.S. I have a few losses to you lol

Sorry man! The options don't refresh so I just knock them out as I see them. If someone happens to take me up on that drawing, I request you give a special highlight to Rexob as being one of the bodies laying scattered upon the mountain I am climbing XD
  • @MattCauthron it's all good - I know on my climb to Champ 1 I beat one poor player at least 6 times; I began to actively try to NOT attack, but eventually became the only easy win. For now, a win is a win regardless if you beat someone of equal level or 20 below lol. Good luck on the grind!

My IGN is N00BST4R
    IGN & Line: N00BST4R
    Mauling Ogres Lv70
  • Rexob wrote: »
    @MattCauthron it's all good - I know on my climb to Champ 1 I beat one poor player at least 6 times; I began to actively try to NOT attack, but eventually became the only easy win. For now, a win is a win regardless if you beat someone of equal level or 20 below lol. Good luck on the grind!

My IGN is N00BST4R

If it's any consolation, I barely beat you.