Win Streak Multipliers and Raids needed for Legend 1

FoozleFoozle Member
edited February 2017 in My Dungeon Discussion
I put together a table showing the trophy gains at each league/tier for the various win streaks for preseason 3. The win streak bonuses are the same at each level percentage-wise. If you see any amounts that are not correct let me know and I can fix.

The second table below shows the number of raids needed to advance from Gladiator 2 (which is where I think most of us started out if we were in Legend 1 at the end of preseason 2). Note that I used the 5,190 trophy amount as the starting value as I didn’t record my actual starting trophies (was somewhere in between 5,190 and 7,290, so not significantly off). I realize I made a lot of unrealistic assumptions in this table, but am just trying to give a flavor of how many raids it might take under various conditions.

I used three different models or assumptions. In Model 1, I assumed that you did 280 winning raids in a row, never losing your win streak. I know this is unrealistic, but wanted to at least show a theoretical best case scenario. For Model 2, I assumed that you started each league/tier with a zero win streak, but then advanced to the next league/tier without losing your win streak. So for example, you start in Gladiator II, keep raiding and never losing until you hit Gladiator I (so you keep your win streak the entire time). You take a break and when you start again you are at zero win streak. You raid non stop until you hit Champion III, not losing and keeping your win streak until you get to Champion III. Again, probably not feasible, but gives a perspective.

In Model 3, I assumed you did all raids with no win streaks, so basically only receiving the minimum trophy amounts each raid. Again this isn’t realistic, but gives an idea as to a worst case scenario in terms of win streaks. For all the scenarios I assumed a 100% win rate.

The bottom part of the 2nd table is just an attempt to quantify how many gems might be required for the various models. I assumed you would get 12 free raids each day for the passage of time, plus 8 raids for spending aether and 1 raid for spending 20 gems. Note that I realize you would likely lose some of the free “passage of time” tickets as I think the timer resets when you do a gem or aether refresh. Given this, these numbers are optimistic in that regard. I didn’t feel it worth the time to try to plot out all the various factors to more accurately predict the ticket loss from that aspect.

Note also that to keep win streaks alive and minimize gem usage would require careful planning on refreshes and raid timing. Again, it was more complicated that I wanted to tackle to try to plot all this out. In theory, you could do 280 raids for “free” in 14 days, but to keep a 280 win streak alive you’d have to do a raid each hour for 280 straight hours, which would only give you 12 days to do all the raids.

Anyway, hope at least the first table is useful and the 2nd table just gives a general idea. Thanks to all who provided data and as always feel free to provide suggestions or point out logic flaws, of which I’m sure there are many!

Comments

• MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited February 2017
    I would assume most people that pvp throughout the day lose almost all of their "free" pvp tickets (Which is stupid). At best you can get 6 out of 12, but I'm not even sure that's possible if you are trying to get 40+ fights in and keep your streak. I get my 4 free raid tickets while I sleep, and those are the last I get for the day.

Cool chart none the less though!
  • I would assume most people that pvp throughout the day lose almost all of their "free" pvp tickets (Which is stupid). At best you can get 6 out of 12, but I'm not even sure that's possible if you are trying to get 40+ fights in and keep your streak. I get my 4 free raid tickets while I sleep, and those are the last I get for the day.

Yes, agree completely, which I why I mentioned it was optimistic. I suppose you could time things a certain way to minimize the impact, but I haven't charted out. For example, you wake up and do 1 pvp raid. Wait an hour, then do one more. Wait another hour and do one more. At that point you will have earned 1 free raid (for the 2 hour time passage) and be left with 2 raids. Do another raid each hour for the next two hours and you earn 1 free raid, and would have 1 raid remaining. At that point you can burn that 1 remaining raid and then do a refresh and start the cycle over again.

Even with this you might end up a few minutes short of having a free raid before you need to do renew your win streak, so you'd likely lose at least 1 more free raid even if trying to optimize. Maybe I'll try to do a timeline to figure out more precisely unless someone beats me to it.

I guess I haven't specifically watched for this, but I'm assuming when you do a refresh your 2 hour timer for free raids gets reset -- can anyone confirm this?
    edited February 2017
    Foozle wrote: »
    I would assume most people that pvp throughout the day lose almost all of their "free" pvp tickets (Which is stupid). At best you can get 6 out of 12, but I'm not even sure that's possible if you are trying to get 40+ fights in and keep your streak. I get my 4 free raid tickets while I sleep, and those are the last I get for the day.

Yes, agree completely, which I why I mentioned it was optimistic. I suppose you could time things a certain way to minimize the impact, but I haven't charted out. For example, you wake up and do 1 pvp raid. Wait an hour, then do one more. Wait another hour and do one more. At that point you will have earned 1 free raid (for the 2 hour time passage) and be left with 2 raids. Do another raid each hour for the next two hours and you earn 1 free raid, and would have 1 raid remaining. At that point you can burn that 1 remaining raid and then do a refresh and start the cycle over again.

Even with this you might end up a few minutes short of having a free raid before you need to do renew your win streak, so you'd likely lose at least 1 more free raid even if trying to optimize. Maybe I'll try to do a timeline to figure out more precisely unless someone beats me to it.

I guess I haven't specifically watched for this, but I'm assuming when you do a refresh your 2 hour timer for free raids gets reset -- can anyone confirm this?

It does get reset, which is why if you are actively refreshing to keep your streak it's actually impossible to get more than 1 free raid ticket per refresh. The longest you can stretch out a streak over 4 tickets is really 3 hours and 56 minutes. You will get 1 free raid ticket in this time, but of course that's pvping as slowly as possible while keeping up your streak. As soon as you actually start to push, you miss out on all your free raid tickets for that duration.

The most useful chart (Albeit far more difficult to produce) would be the gem cost of hitting certain tiers based on win percentage given a certain number of daily fights. The difficulty arises since losing in the middle of say 40 fights for they day has a far greater impact than losing your first 2 or one in the beginning and one in the end.

It would probably require a program to be written to solve this which is far above my expertise. If I were to make a simple change, I would assume 8 free raid tickets per day and assume you streak over the duration of your daily fights. I think you'll get to a similar answer as model 2 however.
  • Ok, I did a bit of a timeline as I was curious. From what I'm seeing you would get 12 free tickets on day 1, as you start with the 4 free ones from before the season started plus another 8 earned during the day. On day 2, you would only get 9 free tickets, as you'd lose the 3 extra from not being able to store up 4 like you did before the season start. Take a look and let me know if I'm missing something. One thing I didn't know was does the streak timer start from the time you start a battle or does it start at the end of a battle. Also, does the free refresh timer start at the beginning or end of the battle. In my example, if we start our first raid at 15:00 and complete the raid at 15:02, do we need to start/finish the next raid before 16:00 or 16:02? also, will we get a free raid ticket at 17:00 or 17:02? Only would make a minor difference, but once I figure that out I can update.

• Plugging all of Foozle's data in and calculating a realistic schedule. This looks like a pretty efficient way to run.
  • Foozle wrote: »
    Ok, I did a bit of a timeline as I was curious. From what I'm seeing you would get 12 free tickets on day 1, as you start with the 4 free ones from before the season started plus another 8 earned during the day. On day 2, you would only get 9 free tickets, as you'd lose the 3 extra from not being able to store up 4 like you did before the season start. Take a look and let me know if I'm missing something. One thing I didn't know was does the streak timer start from the time you start a battle or does it start at the end of a battle. Also, does the free refresh timer start at the beginning or end of the battle. In my example, if we start our first raid at 15:00 and complete the raid at 15:02, do we need to start/finish the next raid before 16:00 or 16:02? also, will we get a free raid ticket at 17:00 or 17:02? Only would make a minor difference, but once I figure that out I can update.

Streak timers start at the end of the battle (Up to a certain point. You can let it hang in battle for a good amount of time, but I think eventually ie: hours you lose the streak regardless). I would think the refresh timer would still be going during this time. That all being said, min maxing these tickets is pretty impractical as it requires being on at VERY precise times consistently every single day. I also never roll over tickets, but I suppose if you aren't pushing for a certain rank you could be free to do so.

I think any active pvper probablys play similar to me (Throughout the day) and thus gets maybe 6 free tickets a day tops. I'll often only get 4. Perhaps the more casual players simply trying to make legend 1 off of minimal efforts could get 9 however. I think what you have is a good representation of the general effort required. I would imagine it will be relatively easy to update moving forward if trophy bracket totals change again.
  • All good points. Someone also pointed out to me that you get 12 tickets for the weekly guild tournament, assuming you get 1st place, which most top guilds do. I like Jax's practical view as well as it more closely mirrors what people are actually doing to combine streaks with the gem refreshes at midnight. Maybe I'll do a more detailed practical view next season. The amounts are likely to change again in any case.
  • Thanks for putting this together! I used it to do the depressing math that if I spend no gems, and never lose a battle I'll only make it to champ 1, and the gem/aether costs to get any higher than that, result in less gems/ aether than it cost to get there.

I admit it was probably a bit too easy to get to the higher tiers in the first few preseasons, but this is redicilous to the other extreme imo.
  • Another good job @Foozle.

Please be advised BF, I have never used bots or spreadsheet programs to gain a competitive advantage in DB.
  • Why don't you create a thread with all this information compiled in one place?
  • RenlyRenly Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Great work as always Fooz
    IGN: Renly
    DB Guru | OG Potato | Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne

“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
    ― A.A. Milne

• itirnitii wrote: »
    Why don't you create a thread with all this information compiled in one place?

Not a bad idea. I'll consider it.
    edited February 2017
    Foozle wrote: »
    itirnitii wrote: »
    Why don't you create a thread with all this information compiled in one place?

Not a bad idea. I'll consider it.

I've said they should do that for a while. I'd just create a master thread with links to all your threads. Everytime you make a new thread update and bump the master thread. And we can all petition to just have the master thread stickied haha
  • Updated for Pre-Season 4. They dropped the requirements for Legend I by about 20% from Pre-Season 3 (factoring in going from 2 weeks to 1 week season). Only showing two models this time. Best case and worst case in terms of win streaks (both still assuming no losses). Model 1 assumes never losing your win streak, where Model 3 assumes you never have a win streak.

1xd622agmtgt.jpg
    rq14ui7ib0px.jpg
  • Total trophy requirement was dropped but match making is significantly more difficult this time around. I think the climb will actually be considerably harder this season relative to the last one.
  • Agree regarding the matchmaking. The third preseason started with broken matchmaking and it was relatively easy to progress quickly.

I find that I have been having to work this entire season -- not terribly at first but definitely progressing in difficulty as I rise.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the Top 100 are still in Legend II when the season is over. Will be interesting to see how it ends up.