A Call for Transparency and Data

Comments

• "We'll have comprehensive answers for you by tomorrow night concerning no less of an issue than the entire future of this game and the hundreds of dollars / thousands of hours you've spent on it."

< 3 days later and the only blue posts have been a series of 'we're looking into this' platitudes that no one believes anymore in reply to minor bug reports >

If that isn't typical Dungeon Boss, I don't know what is. Way to set expectations at ankle level.
  • kpung07 wrote: »
    @oredith I'd be licking my chops if I came across your defense :)
    that's my point though. my defense is nowhere near "intimidating", so there should be plenty of attacks.

wonder when we can expect the clarification that was suppose to come out sat.
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • On the bright side, once the producer letter is released in the time frame of "by tomorrow night," we'll be able to better translate dungeon boss time to other time indicators such as "soon" and "imminent." Perhaps they've been boggled by what we mean by the PvP seasons being "2 weeks" long as we use different time metrics.

But in all seriousness, I don't expect a letter to be released Saturday or Sunday, especially since @Eej held a 3 hour + meeting on Saturday. Although, I do hope it to be released sometime today, but rather expect it to be sometime later this week, honestly. Loose emphasis on key phrase: this week.
  • seanlucky wrote: »
    On the bright side, once the producer letter is released in the time frame of "by tomorrow night," we'll be able to better translate dungeon boss time to other time indicators such as "soon" and "imminent." Perhaps they've been boggled by what we mean by the PvP seasons being "2 weeks" long as we use different time metrics.

But in all seriousness, I don't expect a letter to be released Saturday or Sunday, especially since @Eej held a 3 hour + meeting on Saturday. Although, I do hope it to be released sometime today, but rather expect it to be sometime later this week, honestly. Loose emphasis on key phrase: this week.

Which would be fine, if Saturday night he had taken all of 3 minutes to post "I was trying to get this written up for everyone by tonight. I think I overcommitted, and I want to make sure it's thorough and clear, so I'm going to need a couple more days."

But giving us a specific timeline, not sticking to it, and never communicating that it needed to change...well that's just low. They routinely have that same attitude in regards to game issues as well, so it isn't just a forums issue.
  • The db definition of tomorrow apparently means the same thing as soon....
  • kts44 wrote: »
    The db definition of tomorrow apparently means the same thing as soon....
    remember, "SOON (tm)".. never forget the trademark.. :P
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • @eej any update on this?
  • Stop tagging the poor mods! They must get like 1000000 tags per day!
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • I know but, why not make them remember that we are waiting. :smiley:
  • Not that it seems like feedback matters anymore, but after another 2 hour PvP marathon tonight, here's something that is increasingly bugging me and will absolutely cause me to stop playing long term:

With current matchmaking, defenses are tough enough that you can't generally just run the same team out and expect to win like you could with zen/kozar and Emily/Koros previously. Each match increasingly takes some planning and diverse bench of heroes with good runes. This is probably a good thing. However, that kind of strategy is fun for (and takes appropriate amounts of time for) maybe 10 matches per day maximum. But the current system requires 30-40 matches per day at least to climb the league ladder.

You can't have it both ways. Either PvP should be a mindless grind fest where we can just trot out the same team and win 90%+ of the time dozens of times a day, or PvP should be a carefully considered chess match where 5 minutes of planning and rune setup are required for each raid, and you do them a few times a day. Trying to combine those two overarching styles is leading to massive burnout very quickly.
  • Really, I feel straight up different, I run the same team to attack and win most of my matches, only a few defenses give me trouble, most notably shade/shadowblade. I would prefer if the defense/attack teams where varied. I still feel like a banned set of characters or season would liven things up.
  • You can't have it both ways. Either PvP should be a mindless grind fest where we can just trot out the same team and win 90%+ of the time dozens of times a day, or PvP should be a carefully considered chess match where 5 minutes of planning and rune setup are required for each raid, and you do them a few times a day. Trying to combine those two overarching styles is leading to massive burnout very quickly.
    They could possibly have it both ways if they added multiple PvP modes. Just offering the easy/med/hard opponents might also let you play either style.

Personally I prefer the chess style matches that require planning, that's what PvP felt like at low levels and that's what I miss. PvP definitely gets harder the higher you climb, I'm having to think about matchups a little bit more. Unfortunately I don't have the runes to support having a broad, viable PvP roster so any team that I see that would be a fun chess match, I usually have to pass up on it since I don't have the right runes on the right heroes to even attempt it.

• So about that letter...
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I'm sorry, but you realize they gotta make money somehow, right? Having a balanced PvP and being an iOS game rarely go well together. If anything, it's nice that they're updating older heroes and nerfing newer ones. I for one believe that it's fine if they want to release a Pay-to-Win hero, since they need money, as long as they nerf it or buff others later. Lately, it seems like that's what they've been doing.
  • EejEej Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Yes this is late - for a variety of reasons that actually help better inform the post to be made. My commitment is to release it before/after the guild summit tomorrow, or sooner.
  • Eej wrote: »
    My commitment is to release it before/after the guild summit tomorrow...

So you're committing to releasing it either before or after tomorrow. How nice of you to nail that down so much...
  • danacdanac Member
    VioletLyra wrote: »
    So about that letter...

q?

How about j?
  • kts44kts44 Member
    Uh oh, "or sooner" ...
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    @Zombie8u has become transparent. All of his posts have become invisible. Any mod have an explanation?
  • That's weird... :(
  • Yes @bvs72 I have noticed the same thing.
    Also, go gorgons!
  • lythstihllythstihl Member
    edited March 2017

Maybe I'm naive, but I would hope that if they made the game fun, players would reward them by spending money.

True words Squid.

I spend money on this game, I'm VIP 10 but it took me a while to get there, I don't spend haphazardly and I don't buy gems. I buy an occasional package that's offered, an occasional hero ascension, this and that, and it added up to a lot of money over the year or so I've been playing. It never bothered me until the recent changes in PvP etc because I always had fun with the game. Right now I am still having some fun (it definitely seems a bit better this preseason but I'm not sure why) but the amount of PvP required to get to the higher tiers is daunting when combined with the difficulty. I'm not talking about getting to top 100 where the amounts are staggering.

This has led me to question my spending on the game and it certainly has reduced it. I'm close to the point where it will likely eliminate it completely. I will probably still play at that point, at least until I find something to replace DB, but I will no longer be a contributing player to the economy of the company.

If they increased the fun of the game and maybe reduced some of the outrageous prices they charge for certain packages I would likely spend more as I would get a sense of worth from the purchases. Currently every time I see a tempting offer first I say to myself "is there a point to buying this when I'm not having fun?" and secondly I say to myself "is this really worth that much money?" The answer to both 1 and 2 have started making me stop buying things.
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
    I can no longer stand the direction of this game nor the insulting way issues are dealt with
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    farfella wrote: »
    Yes @bvs72 I have noticed the same thing.

Maybe @Zombie8u wrote in his box. You shouldn't try it @farfella.
  • farfellafarfella Member
    edited March 2017
    Too late!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • Wasn't before...surprise face. Maybe after? Not yet...
  • kts44kts44 Member
    No gukzoin, eej said sooner so maybe next year or something like that.
  • danacdanac Member
    farfella wrote: »
    To late!

Where exactly IS late?
  • @danac nice literal grammatical take on farfella's usage of to vs. too
  • danacdanac Member
    seanlucky wrote: »
    @danac nice literal grammatical take on farfella's usage of to vs. too

To war!