Angry.

Comments

• coeurnoir wrote: »
    That sounds swell except Koros removes invulnerable before hand

He does, but if he targets krexx on the aoe, krexx dies first and invulnerable pops back up on the snakes before they get damaged.

yeah, gotcha

• NateDoge wrote: »
    Guild quests only require an attempt now. Not a win.

wait what? I must have missed this somewhere.

level 70

• The problem for me comes from the craft material. I started the game a short time ago (3 months). And this is the first time since I started the game I accumulate the gems. Not that I try to save them, but I can not find enough materials to crafter runes greater or superior. Some unnecessary materials I have in 999 copies while others never exceed 20 units. Especially because of the jewels, bars and essences very hard to get. Moreover in the first season pvp there was a quest to get some of these materials that helped me greatly. But since 1 month at best I can make a rune a week and destroying all the resources I could collect. It is still discouraging knowing that you must have 20% chance at best to make a legendary .... It is very long to be able to progress now.
  • nunyanunya Member
    edited March 2017
    @kpung07 oh. Lupina is before. Sorry it doesn't always display right. :( Defense was lupina Kira simba Leo. Attack was zen shade Kira Aria
    nunya
  • @nunya gothcha so it's only going to work if your MK can kill their Leo and Koros on his first attack? If their Koros gets a turn it's still pretty much game over unless your yellow guys dodge.
  • nunyanunya Member
    Well Aria isn't there to just look pretty. She boosts Kira. And you debuff Leo with shade so he gets the fear debuff. So it's not like I am trusting Kira to go in and single handedly take them out. The biggest fear is shade not surviving, so I use a defensive build. :)
    nunya
  • Yeah but my 9k shade cant survive the opener from the 8.3k kiras im fighting
  • BlothBloth Member
    Is there an end to this PvP **** **** garbage ?
    Yeah but my 9k shade cant survive the opener from the 8.3k kiras im fighting

I feel your pain. I honestly think getting Legend 1 this season is even HARDER than last season. Last season (pre-match making change) I was actually able to get streaks, but I think my longest streak today has been 5. I once again won't be surprised at all if the top 100 are not all Legend I when this ends.
  • NateDogeNateDoge Member
    edited March 2017
    Lol. All morning I'm seeing those lupina teams. Now I see none, but instead see a ton of 8K+ MK/Reptiles. Pvp: still garbage.
  • Nate - I won't say it's all 100% beatable, but here's what I've done to keep attacking wins at 80%+ and defensive wins at 45%+ so far:

1 - Set a defense that's slightly different than everyone else. I'm not talking wild changes, just small twists. Try shadowblade instead of shade. Switch the order of your Emily and krexx around. That kind of think. Some small change like that is enough to throw people off who just want to trot out their same attacking team every time. They will either be lazy and not adjust, giving you a shot to win, or else they will pick someone else with a standard team so that they don't have to deal with it.

2 - Keep a notebook close by while you PvP. There are 5 or 6 standard hero combinations on defense right now at Warlord/legend. List out those combinations in your notebook, one per page. Watch a few of the "top player" replays, and see what team they send against some of those defenses and jot it down. Then try using that same team against that same defense setup. Jot down your results and outline of the battle each time. The game is incredibly formulaic. You can count on the battles going roughly the same every time if you pick the same attackers against the same defense. Use that "top player" team starting point to refine and adjust what works for you against each combo based on your available runes and epics. Within a day or two, you will have enough matches to create a solid list of who to use against each of the common defenses.
  • Nate - I won't say it's all 100% beatable, but here's what I've done to keep attacking wins at 80%+ and defensive wins at 45%+ so far:

1 - Set a defense that's slightly different than everyone else. I'm not talking wild changes, just small twists. Try shadowblade instead of shade. Switch the order of your Emily and krexx around. That kind of think. Some small change like that is enough to throw people off who just want to trot out their same attacking team every time. They will either be lazy and not adjust, giving you a shot to win, or else they will pick someone else with a standard team so that they don't have to deal with it.

2 - Keep a notebook close by while you PvP. There are 5 or 6 standard hero combinations on defense right now at Warlord/legend. List out those combinations in your notebook, one per page. Watch a few of the "top player" replays, and see what team they send against some of those defenses and jot it down. Then try using that same team against that same defense setup. Jot down your results and outline of the battle each time. The game is incredibly formulaic. You can count on the battles going roughly the same every time if you pick the same attackers against the same defense. Use that "top player" team starting point to refine and adjust what works for you against each combo based on your available runes and epics. Within a day or two, you will have enough matches to create a solid list of who to use against each of the common defenses.

I have roughly a 75% win rate right now sitting at 29th. I have considerably more losses than the people around me. Maybe my runes simply aren't up to par (Very possible having missed the Halloween and Christmas events), but whenever I plan out a fight there is almost ALWAYS a 25% rng coin flip where I will lose on the spot.

We've been in a 1 round meta for so long and it's such a massive waste of their hero design. You rarely get to use 2nd/3rd abilities. It isn't until battles go past the first few rounds that on the spot decision making becomes key and that's when the pvp in this game really shines. Pvp right now is simply memorizing xyz counter abc and hopefully you don't lose to that mk/shade/sb rng.
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited March 2017
    NateDoge wrote: »
    I was so hopeful last night. Low rank, plenty of teams I can beat, but already this morning, its all the same teams I couldnt beat last season.

Hoping some balance changes are around the corner.

Anyone got any ideas for beating Lupina,MK,Koros, X teams in full greater legendaries? Im SOL so far.

@NateDoge I found a much more reliable win vs this team than my previous suggestion of snakes/krexx/Leo. I think it pretty much cracks the lupina/MK/Koros/X combo for good. I don't see how it could ever lose to it short of unlucky dodges.

The team is torchy/snakes/krexx. The trick is to UNRUNE torchy. Battle will go like this every time: Lupina will fear. Use torchy to silence Koros, but you absolutely don't want to kill Koros (if you do, Leo or Emily will rez him and you will lose). That's why important to remove all torchy runes.

The MK will go, death blossom will kill krexx and make snakes invulnerable. Their silenced Koros will normal attack a snake for no damage. Then use snakes to wipe their team. Cobressa first to stone Emily if they have her. If they don't, viperia first targeting leo, then cobressa to stone if anyone left alive.
    edited March 2017
    Nate - I won't say it's all 100% beatable, but here's what I've done to keep attacking wins at 80%+ and defensive wins at 45%+ so far:

I have roughly a 75% win rate right now sitting at 29th. I have considerably more losses than the people around me. Maybe my runes simply aren't up to par (Very possible having missed the Halloween and Christmas events), but whenever I plan out a fight there is almost ALWAYS a 25% rng coin flip where I will lose on the spot.

We've been in a 1 round meta for so long and it's such a massive waste of their hero design. You rarely get to use 2nd/3rd abilities. It isn't until battles go past the first few rounds that on the spot decision making becomes key and that's when the pvp in this game really shines. Pvp right now is simply memorizing xyz counter abc and hopefully you don't lose to that mk/shade/sb rng.

@MattCauthron - I feel ya. I'm actually just ahead of you in rankings right now. Not sure I have the motivation to keep it up forever as a f2p player, but giving it a shot.

I think we are in the same boat. I'm under runed compared to all the top 20 types I'm seeing. I have the superior runes to support two or three heroes, which used to be enough. But now that you need a deeper roster to counter multiple setups, I find myself throwing low-star junk rare and heroic greaters with sub optimal stats on my snakes and such just to keep things moving. It's getting to be a real pain. I even stripped down my grog and kozar and stole their runes for shadowblade and krexx.

One of the biggest problems I'm having is that I'm in a very casual guild. Only a couple of us really PvP at all, and even then we don't talk or compare stategy or anything. I'm starting to feel like everyone around me in the brackets is working as part of a larger team to develop counters and share info, while I'm taking it on the chin and slowly working out counter teams all by myself (i.e. above post where I think I 100% "solved" lupina/MK but only after half a dozen losses to it). I'm trying to share what I find on the forums so that others in my situation can maybe benefit. But especially with rune unequip costs limiting what I can experiment with, I'm afraid of getting left behind.

I also agree with you on the first turn meta problem. I'm afraid that even when they retool attack stat contributions to damage, unless they globally increase hp by several hundred percent in PvP, things will still be over too fast for real strategy to develop. I'd love to get back to a meta where color matchups matter, where taunts matter, where single target attacks are sometimes worthwhile, etc.

ra2jgojy5a11.png
    I was so hopeful last night. Low rank, plenty of teams I can beat, but already this morning, its all the same teams I couldnt beat last season.

Hoping some balance changes are around the corner.

Anyone got any ideas for beating Lupina,MK,Koros, X teams in full greater legendaries? Im SOL so far.

@NateDoge I found a much more reliable win vs this team than my previous suggestion of snakes/krexx/Leo. I think it pretty much cracks the lupina/MK/Koros/X combo for good. I don't see how it could ever lose to it short of unlucky dodges.

The team is torchy/snakes/krexx. The trick is to UNRUNE torchy...

Proof of concept vs @MattCauthron :)
    Sorry Matt, you just happened to pop up when I was looking for a few of that setup to verify on.

Yes, I know I haven't actually ascended Viperia yet. I am embarassed by this. I'm working on it.

wb6eg4mi1nse.png
  • @Skip_Holmes

Hah nice didn't realize that was you. f2p and kicking my VIP70 ****. A shame 65 of those VIP points went into now worthless tokens. I have 1 superior rune to my name >.< Missing the material extravaganza aka Christmas has put me so behind on everything, so I'm left constantly scrounging trying to get epics to at level lvl 10 and use what spare materials I have for greater runes. Seems like you're doing pretty well though! There's a lot of line chats that talk about pvp all day where you can learn a lot (And galleries of win collections posted too). If you ever are looking for a more pvp focused competitive guild, we're always taking applications.
  • Thanks, @MattCauthron. Really should download and check out line I guess. Maybe I'm needlessly stressing myself out over trying to solve these defenses solo.

I can't claim to be VIP0 unfortunately. Suckered into getting to VIP portal when I started like a year ago, but havent spent after that.

I dunno how you're doing it on the epics if you're farming all those materials up from scratch. That's some real dedication. I maxed brom, yorick, and MK early on. Emily and shade at level 10. Rest are just sitting around at levels 1-3 because the thought of farming that many totems just makes me sigh and close the game.
  • I'm really struggling against the reptiles + Leo teams any suggestions? I'm also in the top 100 and it's almost impossible for me to get any kind of win streak going.
  • nunyanunya Member
    Reptiles plus Leo is Shade to Leo, Willow to remove taunt and not kill shadow to first snake and simba to take out next snake and krex.
    nunya
  • kpung07kpung07 Member
    edited March 2017
    @nunya thank you so much I was trying my SB against the reptile tank and 50% of the time he'd kill him and I was in a world of hurt after that. Also what happens if your Shade doesn't kill their Leo?
  • kpung07 wrote: »
    I'm really struggling against the reptiles + Leo teams any suggestions? I'm also in the top 100 and it's almost impossible for me to get any kind of win streak going.

Hi @kpung07

You have a couple options depending on your runes and the order of their snakes. All the options open the same way. Use a decent runed shade to kill their Leo and then use shadowblade to remove taunt from their krexx.

The most common order is viperia then cobressa then krexx. In this case use Koros and Emily. Target viperia so that only cobressa is left. Emily and Koros can wait out her invulnerability.

If you don't have a good DR Emily and/or at least champion runes on Koros to boost his def a little, you can swap torchy in for Emily as a third fast hero. Depending on their runes and your torchy runes, you can either silence viperia with lock jaw or outright kill her with bat out of hell. Either way Koros can then easily clean up the last bit.
  • NateDogeNateDoge Member
    edited March 2017
    My big issue is surviving the opener from Kira. I got improved/greater runes on my fast heroes, but my fast heroes, except for kira, can't survive the 8.3k kiras I keep coming up against. I have koros with full greater heroics/legendaries, but I'm still watching some emily's survive that hit.

edit: teams with kira/snakes are causing me the most head aches at the moment.
    My big issue is surviving the opener from Kira. I got improved/greater runes on my fast heroes, but my fast heroes, except for kira, can't survive the 8.3k kiras I keep coming up against. I have koros with full greater heroics/legendaries, but I'm still watching some emily's survive that hit.

edit: teams with kira/snakes are causing me the most head aches at the moment.

Against kira snakes I've have been using Kobal/shade/furance/emily quite effectively. Kobal keeps shade alive. Shade then one shots viperia first round. (Rez with Emily if he happens to die from MK or Krexx retaliation). 2nd round Shade steals Cobressas invulnerability while you work on MK. MK and Cobressa should drop quickly during this time and then the fight is all but won with only Krexx remaining. I've had things get messy where I only had Emily left, but she shouldn't take much damage from Krexx and you can just wait it out until you can rez shade again.
  • Interesting thanks
  • (Sending virtual smiles)
    Should reduce some frustrations a wee bit.
    :)

• Why yes. Your aura communicated many smiles to me.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
    edited March 2017
    Well I just took repeated beatings and killed my win % trying to shove Leo and/or Torchy into teams where they don't fit well to make some progress on the beast PvP quest line. For competitive top 100, that's going to be one hell of a hill to climb. Nooooo thanks. All done with that. Now I'm angry too!
  • VioletLyraVioletLyra Member
    edited March 2017
    Well I just took repeated beatings and killed my win % trying to shove Leo and/or Torchy into teams where they don't fit well to make some progress on the beast PvP quest line. For competitive top 100, that's going to be one hell of a hill to climb. Nooooo thanks. All done with that. Now I'm angry too!

In the new DB era, my mood goes from angry to annoyed to screw them to maybe there's hope after all... Until the whole cycle starts again.

I just got back to my one man defence because there's no way I'll get those Julius tokens otherwise. Soooo much fun...

• Aaaand I just forgot to switch order of my snakes for your Emily because I was trying to watch tv at same time and you ruined my win streak @MattCauthron. I'll consider us even now :)
  • @Skip_Holmes My entire history right now is all attacks. I'm being hounded and don't know why 0.o I think I'm still winning enough to make a net gain but it seems like an non proportional number of attacks compared to others.