Crafted rune missing

Comments

• you want a screenshot or you think i will cheat?
  • BIGBEN wrote: »
    you want a screenshot or you think i will cheat?

I and I'm sure eveyrone else affected would love to see the screen shot of your friend getting 8,000 gems. It might even be useful to those who got shafted with 250 gems or whatever.
  • ig4avb9vd6qg.jpg
  • BIGBEN wrote: »
    ig4avb9vd6qg.jpg

Appreciate you uploading that. That is......wow.....good for your friend. Hopefully everyone else can get something like that.
  • not sure if real, but based upon the rest of the info on that SS (gold, gem, honor, and stam), the person looks to be of "whale" stature.

I get the suspicion that compensation was heavily weighs by how much you have spent on the game.
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    Appreciate you uploading that. That is......wow.....good for your friend. Hopefully everyone else can get something like that.
    TBH, I would have been shocked and thought the compensation to be too much for myself on that, but at least I wouldn't be feeling like i just got f'd with a 250 gem compensation?

do they even stop to consider how little 250 gems even do in rune tuning?

• oredith wrote: »
    not sure if real, but based upon the rest of the info on that SS (gold, gem, honor, and stam), the person looks to be of "whale" stature.

I get the suspicion that compensation was heavily weighs by how much you have spent on the game.

Well.. I am VIP 10 and I haven't recieved anything. Also had a friend receive the 8k mailer who didn't even know this was a thing.

/confused.
    #FreeBVS
  • Zombie8u wrote: »
    Well.. I am VIP 10 and I haven't recieved anything. Also had a friend receive the 8k mailer who didn't even know this was a thing.

/confused.
    awesome. i suspect that this will simply go down in the books as yet another mysteries that simply won't be explained by the devs.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Compensation scaling was based on the amount of gems spent crafting/tuning runes while the bug was active, VIP level was not a factor.

@Zombie8u, I'll have your account double checked.
    @oredith, for clarification, did you spend 1,200 gems during the time the bug was live, or is that what you keep on-hand?
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Joel wrote: »
    Compensation scaling was based on the amount of gems spent crafting/tuning runes while the bug was active, VIP level was not a factor.

@Zombie8u, I'll have your account double checked.
    @oredith, for clarification, did you spend 1,200 gems during the time the bug was live, or is that what you keep on-hand?
    @joel, 1200 is what I keep on hand before I even consider creating a rune, knowing that unless i'm SUPER LUCKY, i'm going to end up using up all the tuning opportunities to get to that 5 star legendary.

i feel like I need to start screen shooting everything I do in the game to protect myself. I crafted a greater rune to lengendary, and while it's not the gem cost for a superior, it's still more than 250gems, on top of the fact that it's against your luck to get a legendary rune, not to mention the rest of the materials for the runes.

can you explain the discrepencies between those of us peons that only got the gems, vs the VIPs that got the massive amounts of gem AND binders (and presumably shards?).

the handling of this has me feeling very dissatisfied. I don't think i'm alone.

• I think the gem compensation is fair, but it seems like the materials spent is a big part of the missing equation as well. For me, superior shards are the hardest thing to come by (or at least were before the recent event dungeons had loads of superior runes). I used 21 superior attack shards, and I didn't get any of those back. I suppose I still have the runes that I crafted, but the best rune that I made was downgraded.
    I'll probably get flamed for this, but on the whole, I think the compensation that the devs gave is pretty fair.
  • @Joel Thank you. I know I crafted a few superiors right around this timeframe, and remember some people talking about this still happening a few days after the proposed timeframe. (Of course that was just second hand 'knowledge' from posts on the forums and Line chat.)
    #FreeBVS
  • @Joel

While I wasn't affected by this bug, you have to realize folks lost gems, crafting mats, and most importantly, "luck".

By "luck", I mean that just because you give back some gems, that doesn't guarantee them getting that 5* legendary rune back. They could easily spend 5x that amount to get that same rune back.

Therefore, since it's impossible to give back the affected folks exact rune lost, you guys need to overcompensate them. That means more gems and more mats. It's only fair.
    Therefore, since it's impossible to give back the affected folks exact rune lost, you guys need to overcompensate them. That means more gems and more mats. It's only fair.
    based upon the fact that some people got massive gems AND materials back, and some only got the most minimal gems back, I think there's some internal threshold:

above threshold = lets make them happy by giving a lot
    below threshold = lets just give them something to say that we did
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    @oredith As I said, compensation scaling, including the inclusion of binders or not, was solely based on the amount of gems spent crafting/tuning runes while the bug was active, VIP level was not a factor.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • TheBloodRavenTheBloodRaven Member
    edited April 2017
    oredith wrote: »
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    based upon the fact that some people got massive gems AND materials back, and some only got the most minimal gems back, I think there's some internal threshold:

above threshold = lets make them happy by giving a lot
    below threshold = lets just give them something to say that we did

I got materials and gems back, but only superior binders. I didn't get shards or any other required materials. I spent around 3k gems (probably a little over) on 3 superior runes, and I got 3k gems and 1 of each color superior binder.

The binders for me are in abundance already in my inventory, so getting those materials wasn't a big deal.
    @oredith As I said, compensation scaling, including the inclusion of binders or not, was solely based on the amount of gems spent crafting/tuning runes while the bug was active, VIP level was not a factor.
    i appreciate the explanation. I don't like it nor do i agree with the methodology, but that's not my call. it's your game.

Joel, this doesn't make sense to me. Just because someone spent a lot of gems crafting runes during the "bug" period, it doesn't mean any of their runes were affected by the "out of sync" error. In fact, once I experienced that issue, I immediately stopped crafting runes so I wouldn't get it again until I knew the issue was resolved. Others may have continued to craft and tune runes successfully without incident, and they get compensated for that? If gems spent is the only appropriate metric you can measure on this game, then you either need to track more data, or start dealing with these issues on a case by case basis (i.e. those of us who took the time to open up tickets with Customer Service, and then bang our heads against our phones/tables due to the terrible responses received).

I am really not impressed with the way this was handled, from start to finish.

• Others may have continued to craft and tune runes successfully without incident, and they get compensated for that? If gems spent is the only appropriate metric you can measure on this game, then you either need to track more data, or start dealing with these issues on a case by case basis (i.e. those of us who took the time to open up tickets with Customer Service, and then bang our heads against our phones/tables due to the terrible responses received).

I am really not impressed with the way this was handled, from start to finish.
    exactly, it seems like those people who were either oblivious to the problem, or ignored the problem and continued to craft, were rewarded for their ignorance.

those of us who saw the problem, reported the problem, and warned others of the problem, in turn, did not "spend enough" gems during the bug to receive compensation.

seems a bit backwards, but, like i said, it's not my game, I don't make the decisions.

Do you guys see the bigger issue here though? You can't quantify the "luck" it takes to get that perfect 5* superior legendary rune with a passive and the right stats. If someone lost that b/c of a glitch in your system, and you aren't able to provide that exact same rune to them, don't you think it's only fair to OVERcompensate them for their loss?

If someone spent 2k gems and tons of mats to get that rune, you should give them double that (or whatever you deem appropriate as overcompensation).

IMO, it's not reasonable to just give them the gems they spent and expect them to be able to get the same results.
    Joel wrote: »

Do you guys see the bigger issue here though? You can't quantify the "luck" it takes to get that perfect 5* superior legendary rune with a passive and the right stats. If someone lost that b/c of a glitch in your system, and you aren't able to provide that exact same rune to them, don't you think it's only fair to OVERcompensate them for their loss?

If someone spent 2k gems and tons of mats to get that rune, you should give them double that (or whatever you deem appropriate as overcompensation).

IMO, it's not reasonable to just give them the gems they spent and expect them to be able to get the same results.

This pretty much says it all.

In the past DB has been very generous with compensation, however this time around I think the ball was dropped in a major way.

I wasn't impacted and I'm sure glad I wasn't. Generous compensation would have made me say, wow, if that's what they got I wish I would have been impacted.

I suggest things are revisited.
  • Still have received nothing. opened a ticket early last week, got an update over the weekend it was still being reviewed, then last night got a nice 'we are closing your ticket, please rate our support' email. replied to it and still....nothing. not impressed.
    ticket 212877
    @Joel

While I wasn't affected by this bug, you have to realize folks lost gems, crafting mats, and most importantly, "luck".

By "luck", I mean that just because you give back some gems, that doesn't guarantee them getting that 5* legendary rune back. They could easily spend 5x that amount to get that same rune back.

This is why I quit the game.
    Seriously got less than it cost to make it
    Then even if I tried again
    That rune would never come out the same.
    With failed compensation like this happening regularly you really can't trust that your resources,time And money are handled properly. Littleraly sending the rune to us is the only fair compensation.
    This isn't the first not the last time a big issue will cause us pain.
    The constant stress of not knowing if my time and money is being spent on what im spending it on isn't worth it Anymore.

• jmcravenjmcraven Member
    edited April 2017
    I'm really not sure who at BF thought this was the best way to handle this. It's like they're afraid to give out too much comp because they want people to spend money on these items, but common sense tells you 1) there is really no amount of comp that would make people say, 'oh I have so much rune making material, I'm not spending any more money,' and 2) who's more likely to spend money on the game? a bunch of pissed off people that feel shortchanged, or a bunch of happy players going 'man, I love this game and if I spend money and something goes wrong, I'll be taken care of.'

I'd love to know what the QUANTIFIED criteria/threshold was for receiving the differing comp amounts.
  • I still haven't received anything either, also put in a ticket 214034. My in game ID is Leigh16.
  • People are quitting this game because of this bug. Please do something about it. It was clearly a bug and not an intended design change like the portal change and pvp seasons. I can understand if people quit because of a design change, that's their choice and DB shouldn't accommodate those folks. In this case, DB screwed up and it's driving away long time players. Do the right thing and compensate those affected fairly.
  • ladybamladybam Member
    edited April 2017
    I still haven't received compensation for my changed runes. I had at least one greater vamp legendary (tuned all the way) turn heroic that I know of for sure, but when the glitch happened I didn't know I was supposed to need screenshots of the end craft befor accepting. I know of the one rune because I went to put it on my hero right away the others were to wait till I had more gold to upgrade. I stopped creating runes as soon as I saw mine had changed. @Eej I hope you are still looking into this and haven't forgotten me.
  • EejEej Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Howdy, so I am coming to this thread late and I would like to back up and discuss the process we went through in a bit more detail. This is not a statement of "this is what we did, all good let's move on" - it is to understand specifically where the process went wrong perceptively for some people.

First, the package a player received was based on the types of runes (Lesser->Superior) they crafted in this time period, the amount they spent on Tuning, and if any Rune started with the outcome of Legendary and changed post-OOS issue.
    What we didn't go into analytical detail on:
    • A Legendary that stayed Legendary but some aspect changed (like the 4th effect% going lower)
    • Any rarity crafted other than Legendary changing in some way

This wasn't based on spend, VIP level, or any other "pay" metric about the player - we didn't "take care of" VIP players over others.

We did try to add additional Gem or materials to account for some factor of "Luck" but what it sounds like is more that:
    • We missed (during data analysis) that someone crafted a Legendary that changed to a lesser rarity
    • We missed a player that crafted more than our analysis showed

So where I would like to take this from here is to understand the scope of people who crafted Greater or Superior Legendary runes that somehow were impacted - understanding this, we can better analyze how we can proceed.

I am also open to considering other factors - but it appears to me that the single largest factor that couldn't be overcome is the above.

• I lost a legendary superior rune and the compensation was 2000 gems and no shards. I think it is very low.
  • @Eej I lost a 4 star legendary greater tactics rune (nature) with 4th stat text of reduced dmg in PVP that I spent 500 gems tuning. I received no compensation. I was told by customer service that since I received nothing, and the packages were sent out on a case by case basis, they could no longer look into the issue for me.