Balog Rework Ideas?

JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
edited August 2017 in Community Creations
I want to see Balog get better. He's outshined by a lot of other heroes.

i5j9di8py4x3.png

Balog's update would include...

Increased Base Stats:
+ Health
+ Attack
+ Defense

A New Skin:
Brutal Balog

A New Epic:
Octoculus!
+ Health
+ Defense
+ Skill
+ Chance to deal x4 Damage, and Silence all enemies for a turn!

New Passives:
- Living Boom-Box: Replaces Mute. 50% chance to Silence (for 1 turn) on Basic attacks. When on a team with Pontifex, it becomes a 100% chance. Immune to Silence.
- Heavy-Weight Champ: Cannot be Slowed, takes reduced damage from Fast enemies, and deals bonus damage to Fast enemies.
- Boastful: Gains slight increases in Max Health with each kill.
- Boiling Blood: After 3 turns of battle have passed, hero gains greatly increased Atk and Def for the rest of the battle. Timer and buffs reset upon entering a new Room in PvE.

New Abilities:
- Thunder Shout (I, II, and III): Deals ranged Spirit damage to all enemies (damage increases with Tier), 100% Chance to Silence the target, and [25/50/100]% Chance to Silence all other enemies.
Cooldown: 5 Turns
- Taunting Strike: Deals heavy Physical melee damage to one target, and applies Taunt and +[46%] increased Def for 4 turns.
Cooldown: 5 Turns
- Purging Rush: Powerful Physical melee attack on one target, lowers their energy by 2, and purges up to 2 buffs from them.
Cooldown: 4 Turns
Post edited by JackHallow666 on

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    My basic thought process here is, Balog used to be one of, if not the only hero who could even Silence. Since then, that unique character trait has been stolen from him by heroes like Torchy and Indigo, who not only can Silence more often, but are also Fast too. That's why I think Balog should be a Silencing machine, since it was originally his thing, and he's Normal speed, and in a PvP meta of Fast heroes, even Normal speed heroes need compensation it seems. Also noticed that some enemies in Boss Mode can use attacks that also apply Taunt... So I thought Balog would work well with an ability like that! Would make him more of a damage/tank hybrid rather than just one or the other. As for Purging Rush, it's just Purging Smash and Bull Rush mixed, since both aren't too great on their own, and combining them actually seems to fit Balog. Give him more versatility.
  • Balog could use some love. I'd be happy with just mass silence instead of small chance...
    www.youtube.com/DarthCraig
    www.twitter.com/Darth_Craig

Are all plugs shameless?
  • Balog totally needs boiling blood! Just... maybe at a smaller caliber. I mean, have you ever seen a boiling blood enemy in pve...their attack is off the charts! I think it would be neat if Balog had silencing skin aswell, or "Intimidation."
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Balog totally needs boiling blood! Just... maybe at a smaller caliber. I mean, have you ever seen a boiling blood enemy in pve...their attack is off the charts! I think it would be neat if Balog had silencing skin aswell, or "Intimidation."

Yeah, should've mentioned that this Boiling Blood would be different in the sense that it's on a lower timer, but also wouldn't provide as much of a stat boost. It would basically feel like Balog was under the effects of a Rage Strike and a Guarding Strike, except they wouldn't wear off until the battle was over.