Shade dies while linked to kozar.

phoxterphoxter Member
edited May 2017 in My Dungeon Discussion
Ok, my shade and the defending kozar were the last two toons standing. My shade is linked to kozar and kozar pummels shade. On the second pummel shade and kozar dies, I suffer defeat. Losing the battle this I understand. What I don't understand is that supposedly 100% of damage is transferred to the linked toon then why did my shade suffer damage? Can someone enlighten me in this?
@Joel is this the way is is supposed to be or an error?
qfzmtrda1zcg.png
bt7o1p3mtim9.png

Comments

• phoxterphoxter Member
    s6uzbkbnj14z.png
    cyq4i8hp9wi0.png
  • Here's my best guess:

Kozar can dispel on hit.

Kozar hits Shade
    Kozar takes damage (Kills him)
    Kozar hit dispels link
    Shade takes damage (Shade dies)

All has to do with the ordering of effects.
  • phoxterphoxter Member
    As it was explained to me is pummel does 3 attacks, the coding doesn't look to see if kozar is alive for the third attack. Since he was dead and the link broken the third attack killed shade. Shade was killed by the dead.

Thanks, @Zombie8u for this information.

@Joel if this is the way it is, it needs to be corrected. I lost this battle to a dead toon.
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    edited May 2017
    I see how Kozar could purge the link and kill Shade, what I don't see is how Kozar then dies. Either he doesn't purge the link and takes all the damage himself, or he does and kills Shade. I cannot figure out a both die scenario.
  • danacdanac Member
    phoxter wrote: »

@Joel if this is the way it is, it needs to be corrected. I lost this battle to a dead toon.

Haven't we all.
  • KaceyKacey Member
    It's nothing to do with purges or dead heroes coming back to life. It's the way multi hit attacks have been interacting with spirit link since a recent change, though I'm not sure which patch actually caused this issue.

An example of this would be when hopper uses her double bite attack on a shade linked to her. Should the first bite kill herself because of the link, the second bite will still be applied with no animation, and shade will receive the damage. If this is high enough damage to actually kill shade, then that's what happens.

The same has happened here again with Kozar. Pummel hits 3 times. You had your shade linked to him, and assuming it took 2 hits for pummel to kill himself, the 3rd hit will still take place with no animation, but damage is still applied, in this case killing your shade.
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    edited May 2017
    This is extraordinarily shoddy programming. I'm sorry, but I can't think of another way to describe it.

In the past week I've become aware of:

1) this issue (dead Kozar still attacking),
    2) Epic weapons stopping basic attack effects (such as chill, poison, disease etc.) and
    3) dead heroes on a team attacking if Zen is killed by the same AOE attack.

It isn't difficult to build in a line of code to check if a hero is alive before applying the second or third part of a multi attack, or a revenge attack.

It isn't difficult to check for basic attack effects as well as epic weapon effects.

It just isn't that hard to program these things so they work correctly in all instances. It should take half an hour of programming time and testing to fix such a problem once the issue has been pointed out.

Why do these things take months to get fixed if they get fixed at all, and how do so many programming errors slip through in the first place?
  • Kacey wrote: »
    It's nothing to do with purges or dead heroes coming back to life. It's the way multi hit attacks have been interacting with spirit link since a recent change, though I'm not sure which patch actually caused this issue.

An example of this would be when hopper uses her double bite attack on a shade linked to her. Should the first bite kill herself because of the link, the second bite will still be applied with no animation, and shade will receive the damage. If this is high enough damage to actually kill shade, then that's what happens.

The same has happened here again with Kozar. Pummel hits 3 times. You had your shade linked to him, and assuming it took 2 hits for pummel to kill himself, the 3rd hit will still take place with no animation, but damage is still applied, in this case killing your shade.

Yep its exactly this. It diesnt actually matter whether kozars first hit procs purge or not. The link is broken the minute the spirit linked hero dies even if its in the middle of a multi hit attack. However multi hit attacks are always carried out to completion even if the hero that initiated it died before completing the full attack.

So kozar dies hit 1 or 2 (link broken at this point) shade dies by hit 3 because he takes the full pummel swing to the dome.
    centralcommand
  • phoxterphoxter Member
    bvs72 wrote: »
    I reported this in January.

https://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/53212/dead-kozar-kills-shade#latest

Joel said they would look into the problem.

Something tells me that this is not high of the list of problems to be corrected.

• Kacey wrote: »

I think we all understand this is how it works, but why are multi-pronged attacks so unintuitive? If an attack takes three swings to carry out, but the hero dies on the first swing, he shouldn't carry out the second or third swing. I don't care if the third prong of the attack is "do a little jig", the hero should not start dancing if the first prong of the attack kills him. Completely unintuitive.
  • Kozars pummel does not purge
  • 10 If Health = 0 then got to end else continue.

There, fixed it.
  • danacdanac Member
    Barleyman wrote: »
    This is extraordinarily shoddy programming. I'm sorry, but I can't think of another way to describe it.

3) dead heroes on a team attacking if Zen is killed by the same AOE attack.

I'm telling you this isn't the case. I'm saying the heroes aren't dead when they revenge Zen, but the animation for the revenge happens after the attack, making it seem like they're dead.
    I'm not sure how easy it would be to code, say, Viperia's snakes on a plane killing zen, then being interrupted, as three heroes revenge, then resuming to kill those three heroes.
  • phoxterphoxter Member
    I got even this morning. Their shade had linked to my hopper, hopper hit shade with eat and run, hopper died first hit, link broken but good old hopper managed the final hit after he died, killed shade. I wound up winnng the battle, not so if shade had survived for one more hit. And I got 5 hopper tokens to boot.