Sunborn

I don't know who you really are, and I gather you are making a statement. But it is absolutely amazing to behold. Congratulations on making your statement so boldly and yet so definitively. :)
nunya

Comments

• You can unrune your heroes as much as you want, but you can't delevel to 65 to make it that much easier.
  • Sunborn is my hero. I couldn't think of anyone more deserving to win... or anyone more deserving to not win for that matter.

Unless the lad has multiple level 65 accounts lined up for multiple weekly launches, your latter sentiments shall be abolished within the next few weeks. That is, unless the devs decide to make some inpromptu changes to PvP as soon as they come back to work on Monday.

If someone decides to spend a couple hundred dollars making a statement this week -- let's not forget that every new week is another chance for another player ;) to get another shot at acquiring the illustrious LC title.

Better get in contact with that SunBorn guy quick and pitch in money for him to reach rank 1 every week to prevent anyone else from doing so.

Young Matticus.

Nothing quite like the taste of an illegitimate victory after the system has been proven to be so broken am I right?
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    What... who is Sunborn?

AH DANG IT! The summit was today wasn't it! WHEN WILL I ACTUALLY REMEMBER!?
  • KaceyKacey Member
    Sunborn is my hero. I couldn't think of anyone more deserving to win... or anyone more deserving to not win for that matter.

Unless the lad has multiple level 65 accounts lined up for multiple weekly launches, your latter sentiments shall be abolished within the next few weeks. That is, unless the devs decide to make some inpromptu changes to PvP as soon as they come back to work on Monday.

If someone decides to spend a couple hundred dollars making a statement this week -- let's not forget that every new week is another chance for another player ;) to get another shot at acquiring the illustrious LC title.

Better get in contact with that SunBorn guy quick and pitch in money for him to reach rank 1 every week to prevent anyone else from doing so.

Young Matticus.

The fact you go straight for Matt just confirms you're Richard lol
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • Kacey wrote: »

The fact you go straight for Matt just confirms you're Richard lol

Then he should change his username because the only legendary conqueror will be SunBorn
  • Sunborn is my hero. I couldn't think of anyone more deserving to win... or anyone more deserving to not win for that matter.

Young Matticus.

Nothing quite like the taste of an illegitimate victory after the system has been proven to be so broken am I right?

I don't think he tastes much of anything if he spent that money on gem packs instead of groceries ;)

I keep hearing this 'the system is broken' whine from top 100 players; actually more like from top 20 players. It isn't broken for anyone else. By being on the very edge of the game experience you are seeing things from a very unusual perspective.

Congratulations, you have beaten the game. All our base are belong to you. Game Over.

Now go read a book, smell the flowers, have a conversation with a human being, watch a movie. Take a break. Put this game back in perspective. It doesn't matter.

What Sunborn has shown is that using total roster power as a measure of who your opponents should be in PvP is too simplistic, and maybe needs some tweaking. By ignoring heros that aren't useful in PvP, of which there are quite a lot, and developing only to level 65 and then apparently deciding not to play any part of the game except PvP, s/he can win PvP matches easily against players who are playing the whole game, spending a lot of $$$ in the process. Whoop-de-doo.

• KangKang Member
    @Barleyman try staying competitive while you're getting max superior DR teams that take 5 minutes to whittle down while the lvl 65 a spot below you is facerolling each match with MK in under a minute. Even though it doesn't effect you and hence you don't care, many of us would prefer to have this fixed so we can stay competitive and:
    Barleyman wrote: »

go read a book, smell the flowers, have a conversation with a human being, watch a movie. Take a break. Put this game back in perspective.

• Kang wrote: »
    @Barleyman try staying competitive while you're getting max superior DR teams that take 5 minutes to whittle down while the lvl 65 a spot below you is facerolling each match with MK in under a minute. Even though it doesn't effect you and hence you don't care, many of us would prefer to have this fixed so we can stay competitive and:
    Barleyman wrote: »

go read a book, smell the flowers, have a conversation with a human being, watch a movie. Take a break. Put this game back in perspective.

The top players in the game are telling you theres no endgame, no reason to compete once you get up there. I get not everyone has the same competitive drive but if that statement does not resonate with a lot of players (not just the endgame ones) then db has a really big problem.

People spend to make themselves more competitive. If the endgame players are saying theres nothing for us here then theyll stop spending if it stays that way. And the mid game players will read that and theyll stop spending since whats the point of getting to endgame - it just means the game is over.

If db is not actively driving people to get to the top and stay there then it begins to effect their bottom line. No one is burning cash to get to the end of a game. They burn cash to get to the top competition and compete. But that has to exist first.
    centralcommand
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    Maybe they should get rid of the legendary conqueror achievement and everyone can go back to just having fun. The forums have shown that the title is tainted by cheaters and lower level players gaming the system. If the devs keep the achievement, they should also sell it for a couple thousand Aether to allow honest long time supporters with max rosters obtain it.
  • Fun in pvp, I remember those days. You know, before it was effectively a full time job. All you had to do was wait a few hours before going in 'my dungeon' so that you would avoid a tourney with Pupuer or Booger. You wouldn't even have to spend any gems. :wink:
    #FreeBVS
  • KaceyKacey Member
    If the SunBorn guy ever comes across this thread (which I'm sure he already has), please stock up on tens of thousands of gems to continue dominating boss 100 for up and coming weeks to prevent anyone else from doing so.

That will teach the devs to take this issue seriously!

Richard241 confirmed

By the way, he's on the banned list for cross guilds in leader chat. Even his behaviour under a new name is quite indicative of why.
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • I'd like to point out that even if Boss 100 was made incredibly difficult, someone with 150k roster could still dominate it so long as his main focus were PvP heroes and neglected everyone else.

Having a maxed roster with a 6 star Jabber carrying 5 legendary focus/precision runes is only a topic of discussion because it would intervene with current match-making algorithm.

Having a strong PvP record/a lot of trophies has very little to do with having a strong overall roster or completing all aspects of the game.

It's about consistently dedicating a lot of time and effort towards building up counters for every defense and memorizing all the tiny nuances in attack order and making smart decisions when RNG becomes a larger factor in the match.

The main complaint is simply end-game players wanting a more objectively difficult standard for Boss 100 instead of a system easily abused by people sandbagging their roster and punished for upgrading heroes irrelevant to PvP.

@Legendary_Conqeruor - Now replace "difficult" with "equal" and we'll all be on the same page. :)

Don’t you wish it was easier, wish you were better.
  • I'd like to point out that even if Boss 100 was made incredibly difficult, someone with 150k roster could still dominate it so long as his main focus were PvP heroes and neglected everyone else.
    I would be very interested in seeing a player with 150k in RP take on and defeat the defenses of the hardest players in the game. If they can actually survive sentientpenguins or professorchris's mk, make it through whatever awful and unexpected configuration of heroes and runes gmun and leelynx are sporting this week, take on the many horrific defenses out there sported by those at the top of the RP and/or pvp leaderboards and still maintain enough streaks to compete then they are more then welcome to call themselves legendary conquerors. I dont care what level they are at that point, they absolutely earned it.

We want a competition where everyone is fighting those same defenses and the best one wins. There can be a relative difficulty competition like top 100 sort was. Where everyone is matched up according to whatever pool the matchmaking logic puts them in and the one with the most trophies wins. That sounds like a good plan.

But there also needs to be incentive to get to the tippy top. A battle for the best of the best. Where relative difficulty is not a thing, whoever can do the best on the hardest playing field available is the champion.

centralcommand

• Lol, if it was simply made "incredibly equal", then that would still mean it's possible for level 65s with 60k power to dominate if it was made "equally easy".

If it was made objectively difficult for everyone in Top 100, then we got something to work with.

If it wasn't difficult, Boss 100 would just a matter of who is willing to spend the most gems (shout out to Pupuer), but if it was difficult then hardcore strategists who are willing to put in the time and effort would emerge victorious.

Legendary Conqueror should be skill AND effort based. Someone who has the best runed heroes, knows the best counters for every near-impossible defense, knows every tiny nuances in hero ordering, adapts quickly to unfortunate RNG, etc, etc.

Lastly, if SunBorn gets LC title this week, everyone who has gotten it so far would have their title insulted and devalued. But frankly, I doubt the devs care one bit -- they're just smiling at the fat stack of cash deposited by El Sunbornerino.

[/quote]

That's where you're STILL at a disconnect. 65s with 60k power dominating isn't the issue - more power to them. Call it what you want.. equally easy, equally hard.. doesn't matter. Make it equal - the same/equal standards for anyone vying for Boss100 face the same/equal selection of opponents. That's all.

I've said it time and time before... match making based on roster power is just plain dumb. dumb. dumb. dumb.

If a low roster power can make it with to the top, going against the same opponents as a high roster power has to face... then they deserve to be there, no question. But by the current match making set up - they don't.

A more "difficult top 100" is a TOTALLY different topic. Lets fix this mismatch making first.

Spending gems is the heart of this game - so that's not going to change.

"Hardcore" strategists (usually can be found in top 100) have put their best defenses together and still people are at 90% win ratios. There's no way to make Boss100 more "difficult" with the current meta.

If Sunborn gets LC title this week.. it will only prove how worthless the title is anyway. Some extra gems, extra tokens... a title that is meaningless and will be forgotten by next week.

If LC gave access to a certain epic... or a certain Hero then I could understand people's disdain of the matter.

All Sunborn will achieve is that Pay 2 Win is alive and well. We all know how illustrious being known as a pay2win player is. (imo, there's nothing wrong with it).

Your thoughts?
    Don’t you wish it was easier, wish you were better.
  • JaxtesJaxtes Member
    apple wrote: »
    Every week the gap between the top 100 and the rest widens because of the rewards. As time goes by it will be less and less likely for someone new to enter the top 100 because of this delta.

Agree with this.
    I would be very interested in seeing a player with 150k in RP take on and defeat the defenses of the hardest players in the game. If they can actually survive sentientpenguins or professorchris's mk, make it through whatever awful and unexpected configuration of heroes and runes gmun and leelynx are sporting this week, take on the many horrific defenses out there sported by those at the top of the RP and/or pvp leaderboards and still maintain enough streaks to compete then they are more then welcome to call themselves legendary conquerors. I dont care what level they are at that point, they absolutely earned it.

We want a competition where everyone is fighting those same defenses and the best one wins. There can be a relative difficulty competition like top 100 sort was. Where everyone is matched up according to whatever pool the matchmaking logic puts them in and the one with the most trophies wins. That sounds like a good plan.

But there also needs to be incentive to get to the tippy top. A battle for the best of the best. Where relative difficulty is not a thing, whoever can do the best on the hardest playing field available is the champion.

Not that I do not agree, I just think if this was truly what Boss 100 will inevitably turn out to be, I just ask that we extend it to Boss 200 or Boss 500.

Because putting several hundred guys with maxed rosters into a singular colosseum to battle for top 100 is a massive finger to the rest of the player-base.

Well that's why I'm advocating an opt-in setup so everyone in it chooses to be there. Also to clarify I would expect there is more then 100 in the competition just only 100 actually place.

This is also why I'm agreeing that this can't be the only competition after legend 1. We need both. A true end-game competition for players to strive to be a part of and a more normal true top 100+ that simply encourages everyone to pvp beyond legend 1.

The end game players are complaining because we feel boss 100 is the second kind of competition so we want the first kind. And if you remember the very first comment I made on CK's post was asking joel/eej if we needed to request a fix or a feature. Is boss 100 supposed to be the endgame competition and it needs to be fixed while the midgame players request a new top 100 conversation as a feature? Or is it supposed to be the midgame competition and the endgame players need to request a new feature?

I promise I'm not ignoring anyone's needs or concerns. But before we figure out what the game needs to add or fix we need to know what it has. We need to know what DB intended the boss 100 competition to be. Then we can figure out what has to be changed/added.
    centralcommand
  • Jaxtes wrote: »
    apple wrote: »
    Every week the gap between the top 100 and the rest widens because of the rewards. As time goes by it will be less and less likely for someone new to enter the top 100 because of this delta.

Agree with this.

I disagree,last champion runes weren't OP(the red and violet ones were like a battle with a good 4th stat,the rune of this season is just a precision,the other blue rune of some seasons ago was a bulwark...), and SunBorn clearly shows how at the moment it's easy to stay in the top100,even for players who have a weak roster.