I need a team

I started playing dungeon boss about a month ago and I've always had my trouble with PvP, I do have some good heroes(I think that they are good) but I don't have a good team. So I would like if some of you would help me with making a team. my current team consists of Willow Swift for high single target damage, SQ Dearis for AoE, Yasmin bloom as a healer and Executum as a tank. I would like to have a team similar to my current as in an assasin, an AoE damage dealer, a healer/buffer and a tank. I have put all of my current heroes in a word document with their levels, stars and ascensions.
Trying to get back to playing the game after a few months...
Tagged:

Comments

• You really aren't going to start having great results in PvP until you start custumizing your attacking teams based on what defense you are facing. We aren't going to be able to give you a "always use this team" strategy. But, if you post some examples of defenses that are giving you problems, we can certainly toss out some ideas to try.
  • KaceyKacey Member
    You really aren't going to start having great results in PvP until you start custumizing your attacking teams based on what defense you are facing. We aren't going to be able to give you a "always use this team" strategy. But, if you post some examples of defenses that are giving you problems, we can certainly toss out some ideas to try.

Agreed with skip. Show us what gives you trouble, then we can look at your roster, suggest compositions & counters as well as rune setups.

What level are you, and how much progress have you made with runes by the way?
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • I'm level 38. I mostly come across higher level opponents and if i come across opponents with the same or lower level as me they still have more power. My opponents often have teams with 1 or more of the following heroes: Chief NubNub, Life Reaper Brom, IGOROK and Pontifex Mortis, wich I find realy annoying.
    I also lose most of my defenses so a good rounded team for that would be nice too:smile:.
  • Add a fast silencer to your team like Torchy, fully ascended Rocky, or Indigo. Pay attention to who will go first in normal speed on the defender side. If IGOROK is first, which most folks do at that level, then silence him. This will give you a chance to follow up with a AOE damage dealer in your first normal slot. I generally don't worry about Nub and Brom.

What is your team composed of?

Also, you will need to start making heroic or legendary improved runes at your level to gain more power. Generally folks at the level are around 6k-9k defender power.
  • @Rocksor thanks for the tip!
    The team I use most often(with runes) are:
    Willow Swift(lesser vampiric(heroic, attack, skill, healt, lifesteal) lesse destruction(rare, damage, crit, attack), improved focus(rare, skill, skill, crit), lesser precision(rare, crit, crit, dodge) and lesser battle(heroic, attack, attack, crit))
    SQ daeris(lesser life(common, health), lesser vampiric(heroic, attack, skill, health, lifesteal) lesser battle(common, attack), lesser life(rare, healt, damage redux, health) and lesser life(common, health))
    Yasmin Bloom(lesser life(legendary, health, health, defense), lesser soul stealer(rare, dodge, crit, health), leser focus(heroic, skill, skill, crit), lesser focus(legendary, skill, skill, health) and lesser life(rare, health, defense, health)
    overlord executum(lesser life(heroic, health, health, damage redux), lesser battle(heroic, attack, crit, attack), no red(want battle with attack an life), lesser aegis(legendary, damage redux, health, defense) and lesser elusive(rare, dodge, dodge, defense)
    I will change the common runes when I find good replacements, I will also change runes if you think they should be different.
  • If I were you, I would start to think about synergies among the different characters, basically passives that will help other characters during PVP. For instance, Willow Swift gives a 15% HP boost to all Nature Allies. If you put Rocky on your attack team with Willow, he will have 15% more HP on top of his current HP. The same goes for Yasmin, who boost the HP of all Water Allies by 20%.
  • I started playing dungeon boss about a month ago and I've always had my trouble with PvP, I do have some good heroes(I think that they are good) but I don't have a good team. So I would like if some of you would help me with making a team. my current team consists of Willow Swift for high single target damage, SQ Dearis for AoE, Yasmin bloom as a healer and Executum as a tank. I would like to have a team similar to my current as in an assasin, an AoE damage dealer, a healer/buffer and a tank. I have put all of my current heroes in a word document with their levels, stars and ascensions.

**Warning: this will be long**

I've had a good amount of PvP success at L37 (been in Legends II the last 2 seasons and have spent 0 on the game) with the following formula:

General Line-up

Slot 1 - Fast single target high damage. (I use shadow, but Torchy/Indigo/Willow works in a pinch)

Slot 2 - Fast AOE of any sort (I use Kai, but MK/BD/Hopper works)

Slot 3 - Nuclear Option Normal Speed (very high damage AOE) (I use Koros, because, umm, Koros, but Nitpick, Manglejaw, Bovus, Grog . . . . whomever does AOE and a lot of it)

Slot 4 - Flex - Opponent dependent. Vs. a team with no fast heroes, this is a 3rd fast hero. Vs. a team with an MK, this is a healer. Vs a fast team, this is a healer or a tank (I rarely use tanks except to complete challenges). For me, it's almost always either Nub-Nub or Willow. Sometimes it's Black Diamond.

Philosophy:

The general strategy is to rearrange the attack order in your favor. As you (hopefully) know, the defender goes first IN EACH SPEED CLASS. So their #1 fast hero will go before yours, their 1st normal speed hero goes before yoru first normal speed, etc. However, your 2nd fast hero will go before their 1st normal speed hero, and if you kill their first normal speed hero, your 1st normal speed hero will go before any of their other normal speeds.

The last sentence is the crux of the strategy. Do everything you can to kill the first normal speed hero of the opponent's team. That ensures that your 1st normal speed hero, your ultra high AOE damage dealer, gets to go before any of the other dangerous normal speed opponents can (Igorok, valkin, Ella, Bovus, Grog, etc.).

The nuances come down to who you are facing. The most common opponent has 1 or 0 fast heroes, with the 1 often being MK. Your roster has to be strong enough to tank the first MK hit (i.e., defense/life runes). If you survive with all 4 heroes in tact (or at least 1 fast hero + your AOE), the battle is basically already decided in your favor. If you're facing a single target fast opponent (Indigo/torchy), again, game is already decided in your favor . . . because you brought TWO fast heroes. If they kill one, the other still gets a shot at the 1st Normal speed hero, at which point your massive damage AOE goes off and it's no worse than 3 on 2 for the 2nd round, if not 3 on 1 (or you just destroyed the entire opponent line-up in 1 shot, congrats!).

In short - Do everything in your power to ensure that your AOE normal speed hero goes first, and that that hero is strong enough to kill most, if not all, of the opponents with their first special ability.

Runes/Leveling

People talk a lot about synergies (like using Willow with other nature heroes), but the truth of it is that runes are EVERYTHING in this game. My team strength is just shy of 9000 at L37, and I've seen L35s close to 11,000. I succeed because Shadow can 1-shot just about every normal speed hero I've faced, and Kai is a fantastic back-up option; he can either do solid damage to an almost-dead hero, or can ruin the opponent's AOE with his own special (Surf's Up reduced the damage done by AOE by a % - currently opponents do 28% of their AOE damage to my team under Kai's special!), ensuring that you can survive even if Shadow misses on his strike.

Also, my Koros has all improved/duelist/champion runes; he 1-shots just about everything as well. Pick an AOE hero, and put attack runes in 3 of his slots; double attack stats + crit% are best. The other 2 go all life and defense; you do NOT want a glass cannon in the AOE regular slot, because MKs will kill it right away. My Koros has about 4500 HP and a solid defensive stat at 37; he's beefy anyways, but you can even make Manglejaw survive-able enough (I like Mangle as your other option because he's very common and not everyone has Koros, plus his AOE has a chance to slow).

This game will reward yuo if you focus your resources on a few (6-8) very strong, runed/starred heroes vs. an evenly leveled roster of L60s who are 3-4 stars. I keep all my heroes leveled, but only rune 6-8 at a time: Shadow, Koros, Kai, Nub, Willow, Black Diamond, then I bounce between Yasmin, Daeris (I think her AOE is cool and I don't have Bromm, who is slow anyways), Leonidas and Igorok.

Final Thoughts

Quite frankly, I win most of my matches in 3 moves - Shadow (1st normal/2nd fast hero dead), Kai (Work on 1st normal hero or use special to mega-nerf the opponent's AOE), then KKE (Koros Kills Everything).

That leaves the 4th option as very flexible - if you're sure your AOE can kill everyone, bring a 3rd fast hero to ENSURE that your AOE goes first. Willow is good for me, because she's strong vs. Water heroes, against which my Koros is weak; she can weaken Stonefists/Igoroks so that that Koros' attack kills them - basically a Shadow substitute in case the opponent 1-shots Shadow with their opening move.

I use Nub Nub vs. MKs, because Nub is very very tanky for a healer and with the skill rework, his voodoo chant will completely erase the 1st round damage (MKs have high dodge rates and sometimes Koros misses, meaning I have to go to round 2!). Otherwise, slow heroes on attacking teams are pretty worthless to me - they go absolutely last, when you could use that slot on a fast hero to actually damage/incapacitate the opponent. I can't tell you how many matches I've won where the opponent's slow heroes never get a turn; I just don't like slow heroes for PvP. Nub is my only exception because his healing is so silly good.

Also, try to slow level. It's frustrating in this game, but do NOT accept any daily quests that give you EXP (i.e., just do the guild quests). My main roster is all 4* working towards 5* and L37, and I've beaten L40 teams pretty easily because of a combination of slow leveling and runes.
  • @xandrew29 I will try your strategy but first, like you said, I'm gonna try to gain some star levels for my best heroes, so that their power goes up. If you don't mind could you suggest some heroes who can set my team up/kill the first normal speed enemy and nuke the enemy team that I have or should get?

There have been a few changes to my roster, namely that I am lvl 40 now and that I've got Phenol Thoxian, Yokozuna and Ella Ametryst.

Also, checking my hero roster, what would be a good team for defense, I don't mind spending xp potions and gold to level my heroes.

(sorry for my late response, I've had a few busy days so I wasn't able to comment)
  • @xandrew29 I will try your strategy but first, like you said, I'm gonna try to gain some star levels for my best heroes, so that their power goes up. If you don't mind could you suggest some heroes who can set my team up/kill the first normal speed enemy and nuke the enemy team that I have or should get?

There have been a few changes to my roster, namely that I am lvl 40 now and that I've got Phenol Thoxian, Yokozuna and Ella Ametryst.

Also, checking my hero roster, what would be a good team for defense, I don't mind spending xp potions and gold to level my heroes.

(sorry for my late response, I've had a few busy days so I wasn't able to comment)

Try Shadow, Willow, Nitpick or Manglejaw as your AOE if you don't have Koros, then either Yasmin, Nub Nub for opponents you think might last a round, or a 3rd fast hero in case SB/Willow can't take out that Grog/Igorok in a few shots (Torchy would be good here).

Phenol was my "free" 3* hero, so I liked him at the beginning on defense; attackers didn't account for how much damage that poison does. Yokozuna is kind of worthless. Ella, wtih a lot of Dodge, is great on defense, since she can charm MK/Koros/Shade whatever and have them attack the opposing team for big damage.

So . . . for offense, 2 fast + AOE + Healer/3rd fast, depending on opponent.

On Defense - 1-2 fast heroes, Ella runed with evasion, then an AOE or Healer, whatever you want.

Quite frankly, your offense matters much much more than defense. In Legend II, I think I only lose 15-25 trophies per loss, gain 40 for a successful defense, and win 160 for my "hard" opponent. In otherwords, 1 victory is bascially worth 4-8 "defeats", and I don't think anyone is getting raided 10 times/day. Focus on winning your own matches and you'll move up the ranks.

Oh, for runes, attack attack attack attack, critical, attack for your main 3 damage dealers.