Emily failing to use Revive on obvious target in PvP

I feel I've read of this problem before here, but couldn't find the thread.

I set my PvP defense as Zen, Koros, Viperia, Emily. Obvious hope is that Zen puts safe haven on Koros or Viperia and they survive to blast the attacker.

No, he safe havens himself instead.

The enemy then proceeds to kill Koros and then Viperia. No problem, Emily will revive either one and Bob's your uncle, as they didn't have Hopper.

Emily cleanses herself. wtf? She hasn't been hit so doesn't need healing, and has no debuffs so needs no cleamnsing. Using this special on herself does absolutely no good whatsoever, a complete waste of time. Reviving either Koros or Viperia makes infinitely more sense, and would likely have won the match, or at least tipped it massively in my favor.

Enemy kills Emily seconds later, then Zen and it's all over.

Under what circumstance WILL Emily actually revive a fallen ally on PvP defense? Because if she won't do it when it is absolutely useful and necessary, and instead does a 'meh' move, what's the point of Emily?

Comments

• Barleyman wrote: »
    I feel I've read of this problem before here, but couldn't find the thread.

I set my PvP defense as Zen, Koros, Viperia, Emily. Obvious hope is that Zen puts safe haven on Koros or Viperia and they survive to blast the attacker.

No, he safe havens himself instead.

The enemy then proceeds to kill Koros and then Viperia. No problem, Emily will revive either one and Bob's your uncle, as they didn't have Hopper.

Emily cleanses herself. wtf? She hasn't been hit so doesn't need healing, and has no debuffs so needs no cleamnsing. Using this special on herself does absolutely no good whatsoever, a complete waste of time. Reviving either Koros or Viperia makes infinitely more sense, and would likely have won the match, or at least tipped it massively in my favor.

Enemy kills Emily seconds later, then Zen and it's all over.

Under what circumstance WILL Emily actually revive a fallen ally on PvP defense? Because if she won't do it when it is absolutely useful and necessary, and instead does a 'meh' move, what's the point of Emily?

If there is a dead ally that can be revived and resurrection is not on cooldown emily will always choose to revive that ally UNLESS the enemy has a taunt up. If someone on the other team is taunting then AI emily thinks she can't use resurrection for some reason and goes on to her other specials instead.

This is similar to how Shade won't use possession or spirit link if there's an enemy taunting. Neither of these makes sense, taunt doesn't prevent shade from targeting any non-construct, non-shrouded enemy to spirit link and taunt doesn't prevent emily from targetting a dead ally with resurrection. But for some reason the AI thinks it does.

centralcommand
  • Thanks CC, looks like this is not going to be a viable defense then. Shame they can't get the effing programming right.
  • Yes, I disagree with many of my heroes defensive decision making. That is why I like to use heroes that can't make HORRIBLE descision.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!