PvP Matchmaking

As many of you probably know by know I have been actively playing 2 accounts lately; Stapedius & SunBorn.

I made SunBorn for a single purpose - To illustrate the mad difference regarding Roster Power.

I guess that point is taken.

But I hoped for a different outcome than to just nerf SunBorn and alikes..

The game is most surely geared against developing heroes both in terms of level, runes and epics. Even if they are not heroes used for PvP or (long forgotten) PVE.

Either way: There should be a reward if you develop a lot of heroes, as the developers want and as a player also should want.

But why do that if no good thing come from it?

How are things when it comes to competition? Well, for one if you have a lot of good participants then the best ones should benefit from it. So, a high roster power with lots of good players should give your chosen few an advantage!

Key word: Synergism - Its a well known term i biology. If your pack is good your top alpha players will be even better.

So Imo there should be a reward/boost if you develop a lot of heroes to the max.

This would also give a reason for players to develop not so important heroes.

Give the total army power! not nerf it! We only use 4 heroes for any given task. And it should be influenced by the total army power!

Comments

• A 4 hero army should get more powerful by training with a lot of skilled heroes! Logical.
  • I'm ready to just throw in the towel altogether on PVP after the match making change that's occurred. All I see now is Shade RNG teams. Theirs no skill, theirs no strategy. You just hope the enemy doesn't have a hidden 20% PVP boost on their runes, and take your chance with Shade's targeting. There's no joy in winning against these teams, and losing feels like you've been cheated by a bad dice roll.
  • I read that you are supposed to see a difference starting at 80k trophies but how many actually get there? Maybe 200 out of who knows how many.
  • The intended effect of the recent changes was to even out the playing field at the top echelons, so that the same level of defenders are being seen whether you're a top tier 70 or a low roster power 65.

A secondary intent was to also tweak things so that things were easier in the lower leagues, by matching people down there up with only others from those lower leagues (the E/M/H update changed it so that people were matched up with their approximate level/power regardless of league location). The idea was that people in Recruit and Brawler shouldn't have to be fighting Legend 1s that are competing for Boss 100.

It sounds like the malfunction at the lower end is due to lots of high power 70s abandoning their accounts and sinking progressively lower in the league system, or simply languishing in the bottom tiers because the aren't actively pvping anymore.

And Stapedius, I am not sure what you're proposing. Are you saying that attacking or defending teams should have some kind of skill boost because they're backed by a more heavily equipped roster with superior roster power? I thought the goal was to equalize the matchmaking (as lower roster power teams previously had an advantage) not tilt the scales in either side's favor.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    All you need to do to see that the PvP system is broken is to examine the top 100 leader board. Compare the number of offensive battles versus the defensive battles. It's about 6 to 1. This means that the top 100 players are mostly fighting weaker teams to keep their streaks alive. Weaker teams give the same number of trophies. By limiting roster power, you are more likely to be offered weaker teams. That just seems stupid. You should get more trophies fighting harder teams. The only time I fight the hardest teams is when I have a streak of less than 5. Those matches are the most fun. After that, it is prey on the weak and wait an hour for the next weak team to come along if necessary. At least that helps limit my spending.
  • 6de5misi5td7.png

6 to 1 huh!
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    @TopKnight - apparently you don't belong in the top 100.
  • Seems like higher roster power is a penalty in that you are matched with those teams that are well chosen and epic'd, and if you're not there yet, you're out of luck.

All I know is each season I am put back, now to brawler II (I think) with a rating around 430. My roster power is now just over 300K, but I'm just now adding epics to a new choice of pvp team candidates. Until I do, I'm just doing a lot of losing. Teams in my lefthand E slot can easily be 30% more team power than me, and often my righthand choice will be lower than my lefthand choice.

What is most odd is there are groups of days where I can't seem to win at all, then there are groups of days when I seem to be able to at least win some.

For now, for me, its a race to 0, or so it seems. I spend much of my time with PVE and only pvp currently when I have to for quests.

Maybe as I epic up I'll do better.

I wonder if when next season starts they'll place me even father back - there's not far to go. I miss champion I and access to honor shop items...
  • You sound like a friend of mine. He's in a similar situation. His PVP is so painful at this point that he basically does his three raids a day and calls it good. Hopefully they can fix the situation.
  • If you have an army of 10 then your best 4 would be less capable than an army of 100 who would most certainly have 4 heroes a lot better! Just logical imo
  • And as the number of heroes steadily grows it will be silly to develop them unless we always get better heroes.
  • So give the players who develop new heroes a slight advantage. That is no less than fair.
  • Why on earth do we lvl up new or old heroes / get their epics and such if they are no good?

Us doing so should give some power to the chosen team in PvP or PVE really

Runing up Jabber counts for nothing. Runing up a new hero might be a waste. Gettin epics have proven to be a disadvantage in certain cases

So - Getting more power should give more power in one way or another no?
  • I think the only place it's going to show up is in the leaderboards. In the sense of My Dungeon and PVP raiding, it's going to be these four vs those four. Everyone else is on the sidelines rooting them on.

And I get what you're saying, in that your fully developed roster doesn't seem to count for much in the terms of the raid. That's true. All it does is provide you a larger pool to pick from, and sadly many in that pool, like Jabber and Selwyn, aren't going to do much but take up space until they get some attention and get reworked.
  • danacdanac Member
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    I think the only place it's going to show up is in the leaderboards. In the sense of My Dungeon and PVP raiding, it's going to be these four vs those four. Everyone else is on the sidelines rooting them on.

And I get what you're saying, in that your fully developed roster doesn't seem to count for much in the terms of the raid. That's true. All it does is provide you a larger pool to pick from, and sadly many in that pool, like Jabber and Selwyn, aren't going to do much but take up space until they get some attention and get reworked.

Even then.

Tsume got reworked and is still useless.
    Jabber got one reworking already.
    He is now very very slightly useful in PVE. But not PVP.

The issue isn't giving an advantage for full rosters. I think that's... if not silly, then going the wrong way in the other direction.

rather, I think the issue could be solved by what people have suggested repeatedly, have different rules/specialty competitions for each season.
    Give that fully epic Jabber a workout.