The Guild Boss Invasion has begun! The main event discussion thread can be found HERE!
We're excited to announce that our newest event, the Guild Boss Invasion, will be running for the first time this Thursday through Sunday. This event has several mechanics that have never been used before, but is honestly more complex to write out than to actually understand. If you want the super abbreviated version of how the event works, you can read it HERE
A few starting points of information:
- Similar to past Guild events, the objective is to help you guild collect Guild Points.
- Unlike Guild Games, this is NOT a competitive event! While there are leaderboards, your guild's payout at the end of the event will not be based on your ranking. Instead, we will be paying out prizes based on certain thresholds of Guild Points. These thresholds will be visible by tapping the "Rewards" button on the leaderboard.
- Unlike Guild Games, you do NOT need to be in a guild before the event starts, and you CAN earn points for multiple guilds during the event. You may join and leave guilds to you heart's content and pitch in to help other guilds if you want, but you will only get rewards for the guild that you are in at the time of the payout.
- The main event leaderboard cutoff will occur at 11pm CST on Sunday night and rewards will be distributed shortly after that time. Please allow around 15 minutes for rewards to be distributed after the cutoff time.
- There will be day-long 10x repeatable quests available on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. These quests pay out Solaris tokens and count towards daily leaderboards that operate similarly to the daily quest leaderboard from the most recent Guild Games, but with the join/leave rules mentioned above. You can complete quests for multiple guilds, but you will only get the payout for the guild that you are in at the end of that 'day'. 3pm CST on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. There will be no daily repeatable quest on Sunday. There is only one payout threshold for the daily leaderboards: 250 quest completions. This means if 25 people complete all 10 of their quests, everyone in the guild is set. If 50 people complete 5, the guild is set. If 50 people complete all 10 of their quests, the payout will be the same as if 25 people completed all 10 of their quests. If 25 people in your guild complete all 10 of their quests early on and you're feeling generous, you can hop into another guild that might be smaller and need some help getting to the 250 threshold, then return to your guild before 3pm CST the next day. Then both guilds will get the payout, but once again keep in mind that you'll only get the payout (or lack thereof) for the guild you're in at 3pm CST.
Now for the main event! The Guild Boss Invasion is built around special dungeons, but you cannot use stamina to run these dungeons, you need a new resource called Courage. Courage is a resource that we are using only for Boss Invasions. It will go away after the event and be reset in future Boss Invasion events, this is not something you need to track or tend to long-term.
How Courage Works:
- All players will be given an amount of Courage for free each day. (120 on day 1, 40 each day after at 3pm CST.)
- Additional Courage can be earned from quests throughout the event. (220 + 2 for each guildmate that completes certain quests. 520 Max across all quests for a guild of 50).
- This comes to a total of 760 Courage per Player over the course of the event, if every Player in a 50-person Guild completes every Courage Quest.
- If you want to contribute more to your guild, you can purchase special Courage offers in the shop. Each day you can purchase a “Guild Bomb” for 50 courage to you, and 2 Courage to each of your guildmates. You can also purchase a special 4x Point multiplier for the next 5 Courage dungeons you run, and 50 Courage (enough for 5 runs). NOTE: If you leave your guild and join a new one, you will not be able to purchase another Guild Bomb.
- NOTE FROM JOEL: This functionality was a significant part of our update last week that wasn't immediately obvious. We're very excited to now have the ability to have individual actions benefit their guildmates in real time! Super fancy!
- Guild Points can only be earned in the Event dungeons that require Courage to enter. Each room in a dungeon pays out a specific amount of points upon completion. This means you will earn Guild Points even if you can’t finish a dungeon, if you complete at least 1 room.
- As your Guild earns more Points, you will unlock new Event Dungeons. These dungeons are more challenging and pay out a higher amount of Guild Points.
- The third and final Courage dungeon requires the new Legendary Hero, Solaris, to enter. Through event quests you can earn up to 200 Tokens for Solaris. You can also buy more tokens in the shop during the event.
- The main way you earn tickets is by working together as a Guild to earn Guild Points that will be paid out on Sunday, but you also earn a few event tickets for each Courage Dungeon you complete.
- The big reward for achieving 875,000 Guild Points is a brand-new type of special Rune called an “Incineration Rune”. Incineration runes only come as 5* Legendary, with a Burning Touch passive.
- There are bonus rewards beyond the 875,000 Guild Point threshold, but these are considered a Bonus, and only earn additional tickets.
- The event shop will open at the beginning of the event on Thursday and remain open until Tuesday. You will be able to earn tickets from event dungeons as well. PLEASE NOTE: The number of tickets you can earn in this event is notably less than the number you've been able to earn in other events, but the ticket shop prices have been scaled accordingly. Most of the purchases in the ticket shop will not be possible unless your guild reaches certain leaderboard payout thresholds. There are many rewards (and Solaris tokens!) that you can earn without tickets. The purchases available when the event starts on Thursday will be available throughout the event, and no new ticket purchases will be added to the shop during the event.
- There are individual quests available during this event. Rewards include Solaris tokens, Courage for you, and Courage for all your guildmates. Quests that pay out Courage to your guildmates will also pay out that amount of Courage to you. None of the quests will pay out Guild Points or tickets.
- There is an event dungeon that requires Stamina and not Courage. This is intentional, and this dungeon does NOT pay out Guild Points, but has other rewards.