First Guild Boss Invasion This Thursday - Info Here!

Comments

• gradders wrote: »
    This event just makes me hate my guild which is a very unfriendly thing to spring on us. We got too few 'event from the skies' tokens that we got no boost (oh, and the message won't go away) meaning I just want to find another guild. So it'll just be a mass of players looking for better guilds? Those better guilds will kick worse performing members etc. Why is that positive? Just feels nasty. Horrible event. If this is what you have planned - events which cause us to dislike our guild mates- then please think again. You've created dog eat dog viciousness.

I have to kinda agree -- I did 9300 points the first day... and there's tons of my guildies doing... 30.

Now I can't do the next dungeon because they don't care to participate. Starting to dislike my guild very quickly.

• shiggity80 wrote: »
    jmcraven wrote: »
    So much wasted energy. I think I had like 105 out of 120 Death from Above kills when that **** was re-set. That is amateurish.

105/120 is only 1 leg of the 10 part repeatable quest. But i still feel your pain as they communicated this poorly and designed it poorly. Im' still going to do it as it's the only way to get 40 tokens each day.

Yeah, I'm just saying I wish I'd completed that leg. That's like 25 energy and time wasted because they're too stupid to post a one-line notice that it re-sets.
  • I have to say my entire guild is deflated. We don't want to grind mindlessly to get the 1 day buff. There couldn't be a worse way to disperse the tokens. The thought of rerunning the same dungeon constantly...makes me ill. This event had such promise and now...it feels empty. So disappointed.
  • Playing this game is like dating Ike Turner. Most of the time it's great, but once a week it's going to knock your teeth out. Then it'll be nice again for a while.
  • NenolopleNenolople Member
    edited September 2017
    I agree with everyone else, we needed better warning that the one of the quests was daily while the others are for the entire event. I was taking my time because I assumed I had 3 days, since the banners say 'Event ends in 3 days'.
  • Then stop running the same dungeon. Take your flyers to other dungeons. Just because one dungeon is the most efficient doesn't mean you can't mix it up a bit.

My own comments:

I'll agree that the zillion mail notifications was a little tedious but it's good to see who is taking part in the event as each person does. There just has to be a better way to notify us of each steps completion. Combine emails or something.

Sparkles are not showing at all in Sky Temple and (I assume) other dungeons of the same type. There aren't any. Ever. Kinda like the absent treasure rooms, you guys broke something here.
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    Then stop running the same dungeon. Take your flyers to other dungeons. Just because one dungeon is the most efficient doesn't mean you can't mix it up a bit.

What other dungeons? To be at all efficient, you're generally running normal mode/easy stuff to quickly rack up kills. So even at 20 kills per map, that's 60 auto runs of maps that have no other benefit to anyone but the lowest of low level players. The problem is that t just isn't interactive or challenging or fun in any way. It's just, set a flier team, hit auto, wait a minute or two, repeat 60 times. Do it again tomorrow. Yawn.

Now the event dungeons are definitely cool. Wish there were more of those.
    Then stop running the same dungeon. Take your flyers to other dungeons. Just because one dungeon is the most efficient doesn't mean you can't mix it up a bit.

What other dungeons? To be at all efficient, you're generally running normal mode/easy stuff to quickly rack up kills. So even at 20 kills per map, that's 60 auto runs of maps that have no other benefit to anyone but the lowest of low level players. The problem is that t just isn't interactive or challenging or fun in any way. It's just, set a flier team, hit auto, wait a minute or two, repeat 60 times. Do it again tomorrow. Yawn.

Agreed, it's basically a way of saying, spend 300 stamina and 2 hours of your time. I mean, maybe it's worth it for 40 tokens :) Hard to tell when the grind hurts so much.
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited September 2017
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    FatCat69 wrote: »

Agreed, it's basically a way of saying, spend 300 stamina and 2 hours of your time. I mean, maybe it's worth it for 40 tokens :) Hard to tell when the grind hurts so much.

It's definitely worth it. It's just an obnoxious way to go about it. Would have really put this cool event over the top if the daily was something fun (and different) instead of just an auto run time sink.
  • @Joel
    I appreciate all the thought that went into this event, but I just found out that a key quest, that provides 40 of the tokens needed to unlock the new hero, resets each day?

I have a busy weekend, so I didn't look that close, figured I had the entire weekend to unlock the hero (I might still, haven't looked at all the quests yet)

But the point is, a quest that allows 40 tokens of a new hero is an important quest to me. FInding out on the forum 30 minutes before end-of-day that I just lost out on 40 tokens of the newest hero because event quests, which routinely last for the entire event, was just reset/taken away from me, was most disconcerting.

I am told it has to do with daily leaderboards, and I understand, so perhaps the problem was using a quest that unlucks new hero tokens as a daily leaderboard quest.

At a minimum, this should have been clearly marked on the quest. I'm struggling to find DB time this weekend, and I hope this is the only time this type of thing happens. Not only will such things dissuade me from trying to make time for DB, but I am going to be less inclined to spend money on new hero tokens, not more, if this is my player experience.

Its only a mobile game...but I want to see DB succeed and thought this feedback might be helpful.

Now to go see if I still have a chance to unlock Solaris before I lose out on even more tokens...
  • The lessons of the last couple of weeks are clear: you better do every quest to the max as soon as you can because the chances are good @Joel is going to take it away at some random time and leave you holding your **** and scratching your head
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    edited September 2017
    We dropped the ball on our in-game messaging and understand that people are frustrated. We will absolutely be fixing that for future iterations of Boss Invasion and will be adding diversity to the daily repeatable quests.

With regards to the excessive mail, we wanted to make sure that players got a 'receipt' whenever their guild got Courage for them to avoid confusion and people saying that they didn't get courage from a guild member when they should have. That being said, we acknowledge the annoyance of having to open dozens of emails and will explore options to reduce this pain.

As for the dungeon difficulty, this event was indeed meant to be more challenging than others we have run in the past, but it is not meant to be oppressive. We will be analyzing data regarding dungeon completion at the end of the event and will use that to plan future events.

This was our first go at a new style of event with many different pieces, and I'm happy that the reaction to Solaris and the Courage system has been largely positive (mail issues not withstanding).
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Joel wrote: »

As for the dungeon difficulty, this event was indeed meant to be more challenging than others we have run in the past, but it is not meant to be oppressive. We will be analyzing data regarding dungeon completion at the end of the event and will use that to plan future events.

@Joel please, please, please don't use that as a reason to make these easier. Those of us with well developed rosters go literally months at a time without content that can't be auto-run, and days or weeks at a time without PvP matches that can't be beat by same cookie cutter teams. This was the first event in a veeeeeeery long time that took any real effort to beat. Find a balance that lets you give us older players engaging content while setting the expectation that not everyone should be beating every challenge all the time.
    We dropped the ball on our in-game messaging and understand that people are frustrated. We will absolutely be fixing that for future iterations of Boss Invasion and will be adding diversity to the daily repeatable quests.

What is going to happen to the people who hadn't finished or hadn't even started the daily quests, that were not known to be daily? People have missed out on up to 40 tokens from this dropping of the ball.
    RobSnow
    Joel wrote: »

@Joel please, please, please don't use that as a reason to make these easier. Those of us with well developed rosters go literally months at a time without content that can't be auto-run, and days or weeks at a time without PvP matches that can't be beat by same cookie cutter teams. This was the first event in a veeeeeeery long time that took any real effort to beat. Find a balance that lets you give us older players engaging content while setting the expectation that not everyone should be beating every challenge all the time.

To be clear, I'm not promising that we will make any change at all to the difficulty, I'm promising that we will do our due diligence with the data we have combined with the feedback we get on the forum to determine if we pushed too hard in one direction, or maybe even not hard enough in one direction. While we always love getting feedback here, opinions on difficulty have to be weighed against data. If we see that 95% of players across all levels were not able to complete a dungeon, it's probably too hard. I don't think any of the dungeons in this event are that oppressive, but we can't determine that from forum feedback alone, so we'll be turning to our data in addition to the feedback we get here.
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    edited September 2017
    @Joel Aren't the event dungeons scaleable per your lvl/roster/whatever? Harder for the end players and easier for the newbies? If not, why aren't they?
    sirolk99 wrote: »
    @Joel l Aren't the event dungeons scaleable per your lvl/roster/whatever? Harder for the end players and easier for the newbies? If not, why aren't they?

We do, but runes make it so player strength can scale wildly at the same level.
  • Ian the cheat supposedly to give out the tickets right away cause if so, I haven't gotten mine and my guild has unlocked the first chest
  • gradders wrote: »
    This event just makes me hate my guild which is a very unfriendly thing to spring on us. We got too few 'event from the skies' tokens that we got no boost (oh, and the message won't go away) meaning I just want to find another guild. So it'll just be a mass of players looking for better guilds? Those better guilds will kick worse performing members etc. Why is that positive? Just feels nasty. Horrible event. If this is what you have planned - events which cause us to dislike our guild mates- then please think again. You've created dog eat dog viciousness.

It's called 'competition'. What do you want? DB to allocate everyone into guilds and evenly spread out the rewards so everyone gets the same? This isn't communist Russia. It's a game, it's supposed to be competitive. There are enough participation rewards, quests and events that 99% of people can achieve with basic heros, runes and time.

I'm sorry - I'm not trying to have a go, but it's frustrating to see these kind of posts. :|
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • I earned over 25,000 Guild Points and won the "Corrupted Heart". What is it and how is it used? Also, after accepting it, I can't find it anywhere? What happened to it? I can't find it anywhere's! Please, help. Thank you.
  • TORBUK wrote: »
    I earned over 25,000 Guild Points and won the "Corrupted Heart". What is it and how is it used? Also, after accepting it, I can't find it anywhere? What happened to it? I can't find it anywhere's! Please, help. Thank you.

Craft a red or yellow rune. Check the new type.

• @TORBUK it might be worthwhile to save the heart as they will be releasing new craftable runes in addition to red and yellow.
  • They will be releasing these new runes (not red or yellow) soon?
  • NobodyPi wrote: »
    They will be releasing these new runes (not red or yellow) soon?
    Yes, soon... :wink:
    Joel wrote: »

To be clear, I'm not promising that we will make any change at all to the difficulty, I'm promising that we will do our due diligence with the data we have combined with the feedback we get on the forum to determine if we pushed too hard in one direction, or maybe even not hard enough in one direction. While we always love getting feedback here, opinions on difficulty have to be weighed against data. If we see that 95% of players across all levels were not able to complete a dungeon, it's probably too hard. I don't think any of the dungeons in this event are that oppressive, but we can't determine that from forum feedback alone, so we'll be turning to our data in addition to the feedback we get here.

I don't know if this is helpful, but simple completion data might not give a clear picture. I initially found the event dungeons uncompletable with one of my max epic'ed goto teams, but after getting some help on team composition in the forum I'm fairly sure I'll have some good success.

So I will likely show as having completed, but if I had not sought and received more experiened game help, I would have been in the "uncompleteable" camp.

So please check the data with care.
  • Truthfully the 24 hour defense boost that most of us received is likely the helping hand they're offering out to those who needed a boost. The once moderately challenging event dungeons are painfully easy now with that boost active.

Well played, guys. Give us a challenge we can sink our teeth into and then make sure everyone is on level footing and can finish the course 24 hours later. That's a fine approach.
  • I echo the disappointment in this event. The hype behind boss battles was the absence of the grindy feel of guild games. Instead the grind is even worse... autorunning with the weakest team for two hours a day - so boring. I feel the devs added a 0 for the requirement of the repeatable at the last minute. Surely they didn't think that quest would be fun. Players shouldn't be allowed to spend more time on autorunning old content than in the new dungeons.
    Truthfully the 24 hour defense boost that most of us received is likely the helping hand they're offering out to those who needed a boost. The once moderately challenging event dungeons are painfully easy now with that boost active.

Well played, guys. Give us a challenge we can sink our teeth into and then make sure everyone is on level footing and can finish the course 24 hours later. That's a fine approach.

I have to take exception to the terms "most of us" and "everyone" used in reference to the defense boost. You may not realize that only 29 guilds were able to clear the 250 threshold required to activate the boost after the first day. So, if you're lucky enough to be in one of those guilds, then congrats, you guys get an easier time grinding guild points. The vast majority of players did not get that boost. Ironically, the players in most of the guilds that got 250 completions are the ones that probably need the boost the least...

sirolk99 wrote: »
    @Joel l Aren't the event dungeons scaleable per your lvl/roster/whatever? Harder for the end players and easier for the newbies? If not, why aren't they?

We do, but runes make it so player strength can scale wildly at the same level.

This is why I always say that I hate the runes!

Truthfully the 24 hour defense boost that most of us received is likely the helping hand they're offering out to those who needed a boost. The once moderately challenging event dungeons are painfully easy now with that boost active.

I have to take exception to the terms "most of us" and "everyone" used in reference to the defense boost. You may not realize that only 29 guilds were able to clear the 250 threshold required to activate the boost after the first day. So, if you're lucky enough to be in one of those guilds, then congrats, you guys get an easier time grinding guild points. The vast majority of players did not get that boost. Ironically, the players in most of the guilds that got 250 completions are the ones that probably need the boost the least...

Quite. There's 29 guilds who will get the second boost right now as well, but quite a few more on the verge this time round.

I suspect the lack of clear in-game information, combined with the quest running over weekdays so many people had work or school, meant a lot of players either didn't realize there was a deadline or just couldn't find the time/stamina to complete the quest.