Back up and restore account

Hi all,

TIA. I need to upgrade my sons phone soon and he has put countless hours into dungeon boss. I can not figure out how to back up and restore his data so that his progress is not lost when we switch phones. I have searched a lot and can not believe there is not a straight forward answer on line.
For the record he has an android, he is not on facebook, I have no idea if he created and account or not. he is on google play games and has a google account associated with his phone.
Any ideas or help is appreciated, step by step instructions preferred for us (me) dungeon boss idiots.

Gary

Comments

• JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Hey @Zane217!
    1. On the home screen, tap the icon with your son's username in the upper left corner of the screen to bring up the profile menu.
    2. Tap the "Options" tab.
    3. Tap the "Show Account" button.

After tapping the "Show Account" button, if it shows a form that says "Sign in to your Big Fish account", that means that your son has not registered his account. If that's the case, simply tap the button below the "Sign In" button to sign up for one. After signing up for an account, you'll be able to log into the account with that information when you get a new device. If you tap the "Show Account" button and it shows a form that says "Edit your profile", then your son has already registered his account. In the event that he has forgotten his login information, there is a "Forgot Password?" button on the sign in page that you can use to recover the account information. If you are unable to recover his account for some reason, you can contact customer support HERE, and they'll be able to help you. :)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Life saver, My sons, not mine. I used the google+ play what ever it is but it worked the same.
    Thank you for the incredibly simple instructions!!

Gary
  • Since the above information is from October of 2017, is this information on back up and restore account still accurate? I would strongly prefer to avoid saving my progress to facebook. Is Bossfight Entertainment still partners with Big Fish? I would like the end result to be able to save the game (plus all the progress) and be able to restore/download it on to a new device (Samsung tablet). Thank You!
  • SchnuppeSchnuppe Member
    edited July 16
    @Tessondra Yes, it's still accurate. But Big Fish is no longer the publisher of Dungeon Boss. That changed. It's all done by Boss Fight Entertainment now.

To save your game progess you need a valid mail address. Create a Boss Fight account as described above. When you will forget your password you can request a new one via mail.
    Players who had previously a Big Fish account need to use the "Forgot password" link to request a new password because Boss Fight doesn't know the password players used for their Big Fish account.

If you don't get a mail for some reason you need to contact the support.

Dungeon Boss support :star: https://support.dungeonboss.com/hc/en-us
    You can submit a request via link (https://support.dungeonboss.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) in the top right corner there.

Once you have a Boss Fight account you can use it on different devices even on different platforms (iOS, Android, Amazon, tablet or phone).

When you have a fresh installation of Dungeon Boss you will start in the tutorial's dungeon with Rogar and a skeleton. Press the menu button [≡] in the left upper corner to see the login menu. You don't need to play the tutorial.

Hope that helps :)
  • Hi Schnuppe, thank you for your response. Just to clarify when you say: "To save your game progess you need a valid mail address. Create a Boss Fight account as described above. When you will forget your password you can request a new one via mail.
    Players who had previously a Big Fish account need to use the "Forgot password" link to request a new password because Boss Fight doesn't know the password players used for their Big Fish account." Do you mean Big Fish account?
  • RocksorRocksor Member
    edited July 16
    Tessondra wrote: »
    Hi Schnuppe, thank you for your response. Just to clarify when you say: "To save your game progess you need a valid mail address. Create a Boss Fight account as described above. When you will forget your password you can request a new one via mail.
    Players who had previously a Big Fish account need to use the "Forgot password" link to request a new password because Boss Fight doesn't know the password players used for their Big Fish account." Do you mean Big Fish account?

Your information (except for the password) from Big Fish were converted to Boss Fight accounts. Boss Fight knows what email your DB account is linked to, but they need for you to create a new password for their system, hence why they want you to click on "Forgot password"
  • Ok, got it. Sorry to be such a pain. Thank you for the help.
  • OwenOwen Member
    Hi my game name is owenpbpp iam lvl 66 i wanted to play **** i exadetally pressd replace with a lvl 1 my acount was on big fish help me pls
  • OwenOwen Member
    And now i cant see my lvl 66 acount
  • OwenOwen Member
    and I saw through another acc that I was logged in 3 months ago that was me
  • OwenOwen Member
    So the problem is that i replaced it with a lvl 1 acount is on bossfight
  • @Owen When your account data accidentally got overwritten you need to contact the customer support. They can restore your account. Submit a ticket here: https://support.dungeonboss.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
  • And i don't know my old bdid
  • I forgot it