New Question & Answer Process Replaces Weekly DB Guild Summits

Comments

• danacdanac Member
    bvs72 wrote: »
    F2P players should just be glad that they can have fun playing the game.

What if we're upset we can have fun playing the game?
  • What struck me in reading the summit log was that everything discussed had already been mentioned here in the forums. The devs were already aware of it all, and the time they spent on that summit they could have spent doing actual work.

Every single player has a link to the the forums in their profile page and can make their opinions and concerns known to the devs if they so desire. So why do we even need the summit?
  • So @PsychedelicFox had a great idea to display 4th stats below PvP opponents. It is a simple, effective and elegant solution to the tedious, sometimes opaque, opponent scouting. What is the best way to get this idea to the devs?
    xkwfsi0zqg1t.png
    This has already been a topic in summits before
  • Without the summit, justicsepotatoaegis would be unable to give clear instructions to the dev team on where the game needs to go next.
    Serve and be happy, citizen. The Computer is your friend!

• Devs should devolope the game players should play the game. A failing game should let it's players make the game. All I've seen this Game do in past year is go down hill. Just stop listen to whatever ur listening to devs please for the love of this great game capability
  • They can do that here in the forums Grim, just like everyone else.
  • @ClaraR ok. Thanks for letting me know.
  • coneyKconeyK Member
    edited October 18
    This Daeris pass is definitely rubbing me the wrong way.

I, like many players, was against the Kozar pass because of the precedent of gating off quests behind paywalls. We’re starting to see that happen more here.

The summit is a great place for the community to come together and convey such an opinion.
  • Selling hero skins is totally fine with me as they don't give you any advantage, so why to complain about it? We all know they need money to keep the game going. But selling 200 crowns is really silly instead, making even the crown tournament P2W can only be counter-productive.
  • I’m completely ok with selling skins for money. It’s the precedent of selling quests/events that I’m not ok with.
  • coneyK wrote: »
    I’m completely ok with selling skins for money. It’s the precedent of selling quests/events that I’m not ok with.

I’m ok with the premium quests. They’ve had these for a while to reward runes for using gold keys. My big issue is selling crowns. Especially after the hype for the new crown tiers. Keep money away from the weekly guild crowns.
  • In case anyone is interested in reading last summit ... here the link:
    https://apps.jack-of-all-trades.net/download/C9044e756d82e2311ef1866c90245ae01-1540231256
  • wait so whats going on with craw... are we getting a calendar for him or a portal?
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    My first question for the next summit. “Is anything being done to expand the player base and retain new players?”. I have presented a lot of ideas for this on the forum. Players are presenting a lot of good ideas at the summits but they will not come to pass if DB dies.
  • It’s a shame the next summit is another week away.

Attendees: don’t let them dazzle you with hero sorting or future events. Demand answers. Demand accountability. Don’t settle for “oops we screwed up.”
  • edited October 27
    @coneyK, not gonna happen. Their guilds are managing this event just fine. The rest of us, "just need to play better" (aka spend money). Also interesting is that the supposed link to the last summit gives a "connection refused" error.

"The plans were on display"

• Why are the events getting worst and worse. They seem so lazy and hastily thrown together. Plus it’s obvious that the removal of daily gems and events that lean towards purchases that DB has become more about the money and less about producing a fun and entertaining game.
  • Summit Log 22 Oct 2018 Highlights:

• Crown collection issue is greatly improved, and will be improved further shortly.
    • Crown collection in Guild roster list will be fixed in an upcoming client download release. DB_SC is not sure if it will be as soon as the update coming in a couple of weeks.
    • Events allowing crown purchases won’t be a permanent weekly feature; the new crown system allows DB to try many more things and it won’t be the same every week.
    • DB_SC will check into whether ‘prior week crown event’ can be shown in the ‘past events’ tab
    • PVP matchmaking goal 1: Get matchmaking algorithm split between: a) stars / ascension / ability levels, b) epic level, and c) rune power. High priority, but no timeline yet. The algorithm being tested at the moment is not Kreepy’s, but a simpler solution that is less intricate. However, Kreepy’s is not completely off the table. DB_SC did confirm that the solution currently favored is using a subset of heroes as opposed to the full roster power. Players who are part of the Meta Focus will be able to test the new algorithm when it is ready.
    • PVP matchmaking goal 2: Get the easy / medium / hard matches to ‘stay in their lane’ instead of sliding into one of the other brackets. It’s on the wish list, but no timeline yet.
    • Fixing the blocked fallen heroes continues to be an issue, they are looking into it.
    • Hero sorting option is maybe two weeks out (showed screenshot examples). It will also help with the clarity of quest descriptions centering around hero classes and families.
    • Pre-selected hero teams is high on the issue list and will be looked at soon.
    • The number of DB engineers came up a few times.
    • DB_SC will see about timing a rune un-equip with the next major guild event.
    • Other things under consideration: standard rune names, better opponent rune scouting in pvp, more variety of available runes, rune limit above 200.
    • They are working on cleaning out the old guild members showing up in rosters.
    • Missing hero health bars is a known bug, but has low priority.
    • There will be more scavenger hunts.
    • Limitless event boosts will no longer be an option.
    • Leaderboard events (individual) are not going anywhere.
    • Guild Co-Op event will be pushed back one week until Nov. 1st.
    • $20 gem pack may come back, but not guaranteed.
    • Not likely to be fixed, or not enough support for these at this time: sparkly loots outside of view, fewer quick loot events, rune sorting, maximum rune upgrade button, locked runes, salvage priority lists.
  • Co-Op?
  • Co-Op?

Co operating
  • ClaraR wrote: »
    Co-Op?

Co operating

I know what Co-Op means it's just that, DB is gonna add Co-Op? How will that work?
  • In case you want to backread last summit from Nov. 5th 2018 ... here the link:

http://downloads.taterbot.net/C9044e756d82e2311ef1866c90245ae01-U7c9b11a57d68d11a0e8cd4ca0a4e2524-1541444431134.txt
  • ClaraR wrote: »
    In case you want to backread last summit from Nov. 5th 2018 ... here the link:

http://downloads.taterbot.net/C9044e756d82e2311ef1866c90245ae01-U7c9b11a57d68d11a0e8cd4ca0a4e2524-1541444431134.txt

Anyone else download this and see a massive wall of text with little to no formatting? It makes it near impossible to read.

I'm glad it's posted, but it would take me 30 min just to format it before I could start reading.

• kalamadea wrote: »
    ClaraR wrote: »
    In case you want to backread last summit from Nov. 5th 2018 ... here the link:

Anyone else download this and see a massive wall of text with little to no formatting? It makes it near impossible to read.

I'm glad it's posted, but it would take me 30 min just to format it before I could start reading.

If you select all, copy and paste into Word, it should automatically format.

• AmorFati wrote: »
    If you select all, copy and paste into Word, it should automatically format.

What did you open it in to view it to select all?

• Notepad
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    I think we should get rid of the summits. I liked DB more pre-summit.
  • NOOOOO!!!!! Let us at least keep our illusions, bvs72, don't send us into the cold cruel world of reality. Please, no, I beg of you.

• The summits are useless. The EA boss is all about money. This game was great at one time. Now I am just sticking it out until Immortal drops.
  • Do what I do. Collect dailies for guild, log off. Go play something fun, repeat.