New Question & Answer Process Replaces Weekly DB Guild Summits

Comments

• Wel sometimes someone writes a note in Q&A nthing about the actual questions or the game but something
  • Any progression on this ?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    We are having a guild summit on Monday. :)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Joel wrote: »
    We are having a guild summit on Monday. :)

Cool !
  • You know, 2 stickied threads with known bugs and resolved bugs listed for all to see would be a nice addition. Lock em down so only blues can reply in them. Then you can update them as they come and go and not have to make a bunch of new threads.

And it would also have the nice benefit of newbs checked it out and not posting a million "is this a ponti bug" threads.

Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 70
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • That summit was kind of disappointing to read. Kind of turned into people rattling off their GG ideas to no one in particular.

I think these summits would be a lot more effective if the attendees met in advance and consolidated some of their opinions/ideas/questions.

Remember way back before the combat update, when the devs said that hero rebalances would begin again after the update? Well, here we are. Try asking this question: what steps are you taking right now to ensure that heroes like Samurai Takumi will become more viable? DB'S response to Selwyn was very underwhelming, but y'all let it slide.

Someone else touched on this in the summit: Gorerusk was a tone-deaf hero who only added to the meta that already heavily favored beasts. He is a continuation in the rampant escalation of hero power that is turning the game's meta into a jenga tower that is bound to topple eventually: what steps are the developers taking to ensure that power creep doesn't spiral out of control, given that there are direct benefits to making new heroes powerful and lucrative?

Ask these questions, as they're key to the game's long term stability.
  • That wasn't the usual kind of Summit. They're always like that after an especially poorly received event. The devs specifically ask for post-event feedback and suggestions from the attendees. People weren't rattling off ideas to no one in particular. They were addressing their suggestions to the lead developer of Dungeon Boss, who commented on several and expressed openness to potentially try some of them in future events. I agree that some of the suggestion went pretty far afield, but ultimately, that's for the devs to decide as they consider what people said.

Attendees have a whole separate chat for Summit Discussion, which we can use prior to the Summits. I do think it could be better utilized, but @NinjaNurse00 quite often posts a list of questions that are important to the community for initial discussion prior to the Summit, and xtmn8r generally begins with those questions, before moving on to other topics. NN couldn't attend this Summit, but I did post some questions for community input in another chat and then posted them in the Summit chat. Unfortunately, xtmn8r was having connection problems at the beginning of the Summit and his first comments weren't actually being posted, so I'm not sure if he didn't answer the questions, or did answer in a post that didn't actually send.

We ask about hero balancing almost every Summit. We've asked for specifics plenty of times. They won't give them in advance. I think that's partially because they're often tinkering with them until the last moment before the changes go live. We'll continue to ask about it. I'm sure it will come up in the next Summit.

Not sure what you mean about letting the Selwyn thing slide. He mentioned seeing Selwyn in high end PvP. People explained why, including the fact that his main practical value in PvP is one unintended by the devs -- to die faster than other heroes who also have an AoE freeze ability, to take advantage of how Sol's Fury meter works. I think the devs understand that Selwyn dipping his toes in the PvP meta is not evidence that he isn't in need of a serious upgrade.

In previous summits, we've also repeatedly brought up power creep with new heroes, and the fact that new heroes often seeme to be introduced in order to address an issue with the meta, when hero rebalancing would be a better way to address meta imbalances.

The next Summit should be a more normal affair. If you have specific questions that you would like to see addressed to the devs next Summit, feel free to pass them along to your GM in advance.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    Another log! I better flush again.
  • @pcg0d Thanks for the recap!
  • FluCityFluCity Member
    edited February 20
    @pcg0d, thanks for the update! Definitely better. When do any any of these changes(tower and daily dungeon quest, to be specific) take effect or are these items only in discussion mode?
  • I read the whole thing, what wasn't clear was if the Winterfest like event means high paywall to get gold every day just like Winterfest. Would love to get a blue answer to that, are we going to have to buy gold keys with real money or with large amounts of gems or is it something you can actually achieve by playing the game.
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
  • lythstihl wrote: »
    I read the whole thing, what wasn't clear was if the Winterfest like event means high paywall to get gold every day just like Winterfest. Would love to get a blue answer to that, are we going to have to buy gold keys with real money or with large amounts of gems or is it something you can actually achieve by playing the game.

No offense, but if the answer to this isn’t clear to you, where have you been for the last several events? :)
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Glad that the ticket shop is closed. I only had all my saved up tickets and the ones from the reward payouts. That's probably a good 50k tickets gone.
  • Dude, you have to know the event shop closes 24 hrs (next day update) after the event ends. Why didn't you spend them?

Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 70
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
    sirolk99 wrote: »
    Dude, you have to know the event shop closes 24 hrs (next day update) after the event ends. Why didn't you spend them?

Wait... the event ended a day ago? xD Shows how much I cared about it. That's weird. I log in every day. Didn't even see a warning.
  • FluCity wrote: »
    @pcg0d, thanks for the update! Definitely better. When do any any of these changes(tower and daily dungeon quest, to be specific) take effect or are these items only in discussion mode?

Devs said that the reduction in required dungeons ran and attempting a tower quests would be changed soon. I'd suspect in the next day or two.

9gJSaHl.gif
  • sirolk99 wrote: »
    Dude, you have to know the event shop closes 24 hrs (next day update) after the event ends. Why didn't you spend them?

Wait... the event ended a day ago? xD Shows how much I cared about it. That's weird. I log in every day. Didn't even see a warning.

C'mon, stop playing dumb. You've been playing the game long enough to know event banners have timers.
  • lythstihl wrote: »
    I read the whole thing, what wasn't clear was if the Winterfest like event means high paywall to get gold every day just like Winterfest. Would love to get a blue answer to that, are we going to have to buy gold keys with real money or with large amounts of gems or is it something you can actually achieve by playing the game.

No offense, but if the answer to this isn’t clear to you, where have you been for the last several events? :)

I expect I know exactly what the answer is.
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
    shiggity80 wrote: »

C'mon, stop playing dumb. You've been playing the game long enough to know event banners have timers.

I also have been playing long enough to know that most ticket events gave warnings to when the ticket shop was going away.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »

I also have been playing long enough to know that most ticket events gave warnings to when the ticket shop was going away.

Well, you only have yourself to blame for losing out on 50K tickets. No lunar title for you!
  • OH. That makes sense. 24 hours. I wondered why things in the Event Shop didn't expire at Midnight Central like they always do. Realized it was because the event ended at the daily reset Monday, not at Midnight on Sunday.
  • See, when the devs say that they're committed to hero rebalances and they take time to get right, that's nice and all. But we're about to see a Dark Construct tomorrow, who is probably going to be imbalanced, and is going to make Shade even more of a pain to deal with.

So forgive me if I'm inclined to believe that the escalationist meta being played into here makes their statement seem like it isn't exactly true.

• I don't seem to have much of a problem with shade as a level 70 player with a (getting decent) roster. Is it because I'm not a top 100 player?

I don't recall having all that much problem with him when I was still leveling...
  • ScoutYoScoutYo Member
    edited February 22
    The problem isn't that Shade is un-counterable. It's that -- especially pre-revamp -- his crazy high atk potential, combined with his ability to ignore taunts, had a hugely disproportionate role in shaping the meta and narrowing the options for both attack teams and defenses.

Post-revamp, he isn't the sniper he used to be, but he's still disproportionately powerful, both in terms of stats and abilities.

Honestly, I thInk we only need a small tweak or two to bring him down to Earth, now that the revamp has had its way with him. I'd be happy if his Turn a Blind Eye passive only allowed him to ignore taunt on basic attacks. I'd also like to see Shroud no longer grant DR. Just making dark heroes immune to debuffs is enough ... and that's it. Please don't go overboard like you did with MK, devs.