New Question & Answer Process Replaces Weekly DB Guild Summits

Comments

• lol Shade isn't even a threat anymore. Stop it with the nerf talks.
  • He's not bad for people who PvP a lot. He's still pretty annoying for people who don't. But I agree that he's pretty far from being a major balancing issue post-revamp.
  • Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    edited February 22
    Shade needs no changes. He is perfect. If GT can offer mass dmg reduction then why can't Shade xD
  • @pcg0d - When is the next "Summit"? I have questions about if DB is going to attempt compliance with Apple's new ToS for lootbox style games.

Thanks!
    #NotMyPresident
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    We have summits every two weeks.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • pcg0dpcg0d Member
    ANNOUNCEMENT: @xtmn8r will be taking a much deserved vacation next Monday, so we're postponing the next summit to Monday the 26th. @Joel
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • pcg0d wrote: »
    ANNOUNCEMENT: @xtmn8r will be taking a much deserved vacation next Monday, so we're postponing the next summit to Monday the 26th. @Joel

Was he the one guy who was working on the tower event? Will it be delayed even longer now?

Everyone at db office deserves a month long vacation,

• Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited March 16
    pcg0d wrote: »

At least make the guy who re-activates previously used pvp reward runes for each week stick around.

At least make the guy who re-activates previously used pvp reward runes for each week stick around.

Cant,he's sick , auto vacay
  • And how does one become part of a summit, as it were?
    I demand to be acknowledged!!!
  • Have someone spread your ashes on the mountaintop.
  • Where is the summit from todau
    Level - 75
    Guilds - Member in VIP LIFE and officer in VIP Minions
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • X was on vacation.
    Updates on having 2 new Epics and a current Epic being reworked?
    We saved Easter for: This all comes out this weekend! Selwyn Epic & Lady Nimeral reworked Epic for this weekend’s event. Bonus of Hopper’s epic too!

Selwyn and Hopper Epics ?!?!?!?!?!
    Nimreal Epic Rework ?!?!?!?!?!

Say what... :o
  • danacdanac Member
    sirolk99 wrote: »
    Updates on having 2 new Epics and a current Epic being reworked?
    We saved Easter for: This all comes out this weekend! Selwyn Epic & Lady Nimeral reworked Epic for this weekend’s event. Bonus of Hopper’s epic too!

Selwyn and Hopper Epics ?!?!?!?!?!
    Nimreal Epic Rework ?!?!?!?!?!

Say what... :o

what
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Just because you can deal with Shade doesn’t mean he doesn’t need a nerf. He needs a nerf because he’s good enough that more than half of PvP defense teams have him. If all heroes were equally balanced, you’d see a more or less even distribution of heroes on defense. But as of now, it’s about 10~ really heroes and maybe 10 more ‘okay’ heroes.

Don’t even try and tell me Solaris is balanced.
  • Just because you can deal with Shade doesn’t mean he doesn’t need a nerf. He needs a nerf because he’s good enough that more than half of PvP defense teams have him. If all heroes were equally balanced, you’d see a more or less even distribution of heroes on defense. But as of now, it’s about 10~ really heroes and maybe 10 more ‘okay’ heroes.

Don’t even try and tell me Solaris is balanced.

I actually do not see Shade that much anymore. Maybe 20%-25% of PvP defenses? I think it's b/c of Agnon.
  • coneyKconeyK Member
    Something I'd really like someone in attendance at the next summit to ask directly about Solaris:
    What steps are being taken right now to rebalance Solaris? None of that "when rebalancing a hero there's a lot we have to keep in mind" nonsense - actual examples of things they've tried, or ideas they've been knocking around. If someone could push for that, I'd really appreciate it.

Otherwise, I fear this chat may just be a bit too much talk about how the current event wasn't great - IMO, this event doesn't warrant more than a few minutes of discussion. The "special buffs" didn't shake up the meta because they gave buffs to characters already in the meta. Maybe a comment or two about the rewards.
  • niclow92niclow92 Member
    Please do something about zomminions & overlord executum causing problems in clicking during pvp. and also grog lying across the battlefield floor during pvp, hence causing problems in clicking.

Thank you.
  • ScoutYoScoutYo Member
    @coneyK That's on our agenda for today. :)

@niclow92 We've asked about the various targeting problems several times. They're working on it, but it's taking a little longer than they'd initially hoped. They made some improvements with the last client release, but more improvements are coming. :)
  • ZWendyZWendy Member
    As someone who doesn't normally PvP a lot, and this weekend had to PvP a great deal for the games (not complaining about that), I could not believe how many times I could not reach Solaris' ashes. I was still able to win some of them, they just took longer. I did lose several though because of this issue.

If you take a character into the battle because he can consume the ashes, he is designed to do this, and you are unable to because of this ongoing bug, it's very frustrating.

When you add in that you purchased a trophy boost, you have now lost twice as many trophies because of this ongoing bug.

Just my 2 cents.
    DB Player since 10.11.2015
    The Tatar Squad
  • When's that tower event supposed to happen again?
  • pcg0dpcg0d Member
    Please note: If you'd like to participate, join us on Line in the DB Q&A (SDG) Chat. All are welcome. This group creates the questions for the devs. The DB Guild Summit happens approximately every 2 weeks. We are very happy to have the devs share this information with us in a chat setting.

Summit Log 04/09/18

The good stuff:
    This week: Caster Event
    Obviously based around Casters & a bonus for Casters
    Therand getting some "love".
    Marrow will be getting a little Love too.
    Event Shop
    Following week: Dark Festival
    Similar to our other Festivals. Not fully locked down yet so won't say more.
    Week after that: NEW HERO RELEASE!
    Next client we are working on is for mid to late May

Summit Q&A Group Questions:
    1) Event Reward Disappointments:
    - In the Water vs Fire event, the hard-to-get leaderboard had Chilling Skin, while the ticket shop rune had the much more desirable Freezing Skin. Why the discrepancy?
    - The rewards for the PvP Grand Tourney were the least exciting in recent memory. Please no more rune rewards that are the same as runes we can craft ourselves. And why Superior instead of Elite?
    - Also, why no skin like before? The effort required for decent placement was not worth the poor incentive.
    Yup, we noted that feedback during event as well. Better rewards, more desirable stats. No disagreement here. Skin: Just wasn’t in the plan for this event. Would love to do a skin every event but we can’t get them done that quickly :-) Elites are mostly staying for Individual rewards for now. When that will change, can’t say yet.

2) There were no truly meta-shaking buffs and debuffs in this PvP Grand Tourney. For the most part, teams that were already strong just got stronger.
    Partially related to the changes we had made and types it affected. There were some meta changes as players were using a few different heroes then normal, even beyond having to complete the quests, but yes an even more dramatic shake up would be more fun.

3) Burnout Concerns:
    It can be fun to have lots of events, but the thresholds need to be WAY lower for events like Fire vs Water, if they're going to back right up against a major guild event like the PvP Guild Grand Tourney. Otherwise, we're going to see tons of players get burned out and leave.
    No specific answer.

4) Fire vs Water Event Confusion:
    The Fire vs Water event was neat in concept, but extremely confusing to a lot of players in execution. Six (?) leaderboards was too much, and the daily choice and it's ramifications added an extra layer of confusion.
    Maybe next time, have the main Guild competition and the player contribution leaderboards keep track of all event points earned (adding points earned toward both elements together), and only do separate leaderboards for the two sides of the daily individual competition.
    Lots of discussion and agreement. No specific answer.

5) Any plans to alter Solaris to fix the threat of a prolonged rez loop so many players are frustrated by? Seeing her and bringing her on almost every PvP team is getting really old.
    Let's see what the next hero brings :)
    6) Can you explain WHY you refuse to offer new runes for PvP rewards? You offer new runes in the shop and for events regularly.
    We don’t REFUSE, we just haven’t. I will circle back to see where we are for creating some newer ones.

7) Instead of screwing newer players on rune crafting and prizes by giving them greaters
    We have a level unlock tier method.
    Ex Elite runes
    Player level max rune level
    < 20 5
    21-40 10
    40-60 20
    60-80 30

And I don’t even know why I’m pitching this because it doesn’t benefit me or any of my members. But hey seems fair and generous to the player base overall. And might even help db with player retention and income (EX: scenario of a low level in a high ranked event guild that got greater instead of superior rune)
    we will look at that specific scenario though as I had similar concern

8) I'd like to request advance notice (to Summit members at least) of reward levels and prizes, so we can figure out reasonable mins and communicate ahead of time with our members. Hard to do that when events hit right in the middle of the workday for some. Additionally, for events like fire and water, coordination was essential to help our Guild meet prize thresholds. Perhaps releasing this information at 7 am CST about this on the day of the event.
    Will try to do that although 7am would suck for some (me included) so let's shoot for EOD on wednesday :-)

9) Can we please have in guild rewards for tiers (EX: 1,5,10)? This allows for more incentive for in-guild competition. Thanks.
    I've been advocating this as well. we have plans for this in a more structured way but not ready to discuss yet. I will consider it for future events though until the more structured plan is in place
    new hero: End of the month. Did we mention he will be Legendary? As mentioned last time, we shelved GBI for hero releases. Will use that modified format for things like the Lunar Event we did.

Thanks, Tim
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • coneyKconeyK Member
    edited April 9
    5) Any plans to alter Solaris to fix the threat of a prolonged rez loop so many players are frustrated by? Seeing her and bringing her on almost every PvP team is getting really old.

Uh, no no no. No, no no. No no. NO.

This is the wrong solution to the Solaris problem: this is meta escalation in the rawest form.

Think of each new hero as a block added to a tower of blocks. Instead of fixing an unstable tower by stabilizing the existing base, they're throwing another block on top and hoping for the best. What if this hero becomes the new Solaris? Will they become so obnoxious that we need another new hero to counter them, and so on? Or will this tower finally just topple?
  • coneyK wrote: »

Uh, no no no. No, no no. No no. NO.

This is the wrong solution to the Solaris problem: this is meta escalation in the rawest form.

The underlying problem is that, the two sides have very different perspectives on this.

For us, that plan is boring, obnoxious, repetitive, just replaces each “best” hero with a new “best” hero.

For them, that plan brings in more revenue (constant new heroes that everyone has to get to stay competitive), lightens resource load (occasionally release one new hero instead of having to fix many dozens of heroes at once), and takes less creativity (new hero always just counters the current meta).
  • appleapple Member
    1. so where is the hero sorting, level cap increase, and new dungeon content?
  • shiggity80shiggity80 Member
    edited April 10
    apple wrote: »
    1. so where is the hero sorting, level cap increase, and new dungeon content?

Updates on the next client release to include iPhone X resolution and hero sorting?

Next client release (after current release) is set for late May and should include both iPhone X resolution and Hero sorting.

I'm assuming it will arrive late May with the next game revision. However, late May will come and it will be pushed back to late summer.