New Question & Answer Process Replaces Weekly DB Guild Summits

Comments

• echonapechonap Member
    MaxBeamer wrote: »
    It’s just my opinion but I think they are over using the Winterfest Calendar style event. Next Winterfest is not going to seem special at all.

Really? This is by far my favorite way to release new heroes.

Hopefully, Winterfest will introduce a new style of event.
  • kpung07kpung07 Member
    @MaxBeamer agreed it's way to soon to see another grindy 14 day calendar event.
  • Alecat97Alecat97 Member
    MaxBeamer wrote: »
    It’s just my opinion but I think they are over using the Winterfest Calendar style event. Next Winterfest is not going to seem special at all.

Definitely! It lasts too long also. 2 weeks every time...
  • Would be much better as a 7 day event.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    “Caster Rune: I’ve heard from many people that the Caster Rune is too effective and this includes feedback from players who have 1 or more of them. We are discussing making a change to the Caster Rune such that the 4th stat will only happen on a Basic Attack, not all attacks. For Elites, what I'm trying to do is increase it to be a MAX rune which would be one of the very few MAX Elite Runes we've ever sold/awarded. Obviously superior are already maxed.
    Update: 1-2 weeks to get this fixed approximately”

I agree that the caster rune is very annoying. However, should players that purchased them in the shop be given some compensation if the rune is nerfed.
  • Why change the caster rune... that's really stupid when you're just going to have another hero or rune to do something similar and then that will get changed later. How is it really a big deal anyway that ANY attack steals buffs when you have Pillage? Had me happy with 5x on Shade just to take it away.
  • MaxBeamer wrote: »

They will just add another 14 days and start 14 days earlier. 28 doors plus another 28 bonus doors = 56 gold keys! :D
  • As someone that bought an Elite Caster Rune, there is almost no compensation that I can think of that will make me feel comfortable with them nerfing it aside from a cash refund. I really only spent the $ BECAUSE it was an OP rune. Anyways, it seems like the devs are having open conversations with the guild leaders to figure out the right path forward, so I guess we'll see what happens
  • I am so excited for this update, glad I finally found this forum.
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • StinkyStinky Member
    I like the Winterfest-esque stuff but I can understand why people are bored of it. It's a shame they don't work more on the limited-roster event format they introduced in the Lunar Festival; it definitely had issues but it has more potential to be cool than running The Vault a thousand times.
  • toothlessmontoothlessmon Member
    edited May 23
    Stinky wrote: »
    I like the Winterfest-esque stuff but I can understand why people are bored of it. It's a shame they don't work more on the limited-roster event format they introduced in the Lunar Festival; it definitely had issues but it has more potential to be cool than running The Vault a thousand times.

Didn't you read that guild raid thing, I think it sounds very promising... Although I hope it isn't as easy as chronos it will have to have like 1 million health to stand the wrath of a full 50 rooster of level 70's...
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • The boss will probably be Uber Chromus that revives and shifts elements throughout the battle with 90% DR at all times can't be penetrated and immune to all debuffs and element bonuses + 10 million HP xD
  • nope, unless thats the final one, this one has multiple, remember??
  • StinkyStinky Member

Didn't you read that guild raid thing, I think it sounds very promising... Although I hope it isn't as easy as chronos it will have to have like 1 million health to stand the wrath of a full 50 rooster of level 70's...
    I'm cautiously optimistic but I don't think it's for new hero events and the like, it's "just" more content. Like doing the campaign, or PvP raids, or the tower. But fingers crossed, and I hope the devs don't get cold feet if the guild boss thing has a bumpy landing.
  • totally, I have been hyped ever since i found out, if they cancel i might die!!
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    As someone that bought an Elite Caster Rune, there is almost no compensation that I can think of that will make me feel comfortable with them nerfing it aside from a cash refund. I really only spent the $ BECAUSE it was an OP rune. Anyways, it seems like the devs are having open conversations with the guild leaders to figure out the right path forward, so I guess we'll see what happens

I'm not seeing why people think the caster rune is too powerful. So it steals a buff sometimes? So what? There are plenty of heroes who cleanse buffs, some before they attack, and sometimes the buff you steal is taunt and you get hit a lot.

Why is this such a big deal?
  • Barleyman wrote: »
    As someone that bought an Elite Caster Rune, there is almost no compensation that I can think of that will make me feel comfortable with them nerfing it aside from a cash refund. I really only spent the $ BECAUSE it was an OP rune. Anyways, it seems like the devs are having open conversations with the guild leaders to figure out the right path forward, so I guess we'll see what happens

I'm not seeing why people think the caster rune is too powerful. So it steals a buff sometimes? So what? There are plenty of heroes who cleanse buffs, some before they attack, and sometimes the buff you steal is taunt and you get hit a lot.

I bet they will nerf drakks buff steal next and then no more balencing, job done for barbs...
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited May 24
    Barleyman wrote: »

I guess there are people out there who have Shade with four buff-stealing runes and one energy rune? So on turn two Shade is likely to steal a buff, while at the same time Haunting the enemy team. That's as far as I've got, maybe someone smarter than me can explain why that's game-breaking, or how the change to the rune will alter anything drastically (since if stealing a single buff is that important, Shade can still do it post-change by using a normal attack, which also has a 30% chance or whatever of re-Shrouding).
  • Buff stealing using Haunt is great but I can still lose a match so it's not like it's a game killer. It was hilarious to steal a feather from Solaris though when she was the only foe left xD
  • Mati01Mati01 Member
    Jee Magic Tomes! and I am pretty sure i just got 3 green totems from a single run. Not bad.
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    Buff stealing using Haunt is great but I can still lose a match so it's not like it's a game killer. It was hilarious to steal a feather from Solaris though when she was the only foe left xD

I've had that backfire too. Someone steals a feather and gets killed with the feather on, Zomm can't raise them as a Zomminion until the feather runs out. If you're in the Tower and finish the floor while they're still down, you've just lost that hero because they stole a buff.
    I guess there are people out there who have Shade with four buff-stealing runes and one energy rune? So on turn two Shade is likely to steal a buff, while at the same time Haunting the enemy team. That's as far as I've got, maybe someone smarter than me can explain why that's game-breaking, or how the change to the rune will alter anything drastically (since if stealing a single buff is that important, Shade can still do it post-change by using a normal attack, which also has a 30% chance or whatever of re-Shrouding).

If you bring the right team ᶜᵒᵘᵍʰ ᴬᵍᶰᵒᶰ Shade doesn't make it to turn two.

• If you don't spirit link turn 1 yeah...he could die then unless you have a def shade. I see him as more of a tool hero than off attacker but he can be used in many ways
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited May 24
    Barleyman wrote: »
    If you bring the right team ᶜᵒᵘᵍʰ ᴬᵍᶰᵒᶰ Shade doesn't make it to turn two.
    To be honest when I made that post I was thinking more about an attacking Shade than a defending Shade. On reflection, I guess an AI Shade that steals an attacking Balog's Shroud could completely mess up a Shade + barb attack squad. I'm more likely to be in the bottom 100 than the top 100, so I can't say, but I'd imagine a serious player would be on the lookout for that kind of Shade and use a different team. That's if they really want a mirror match in the first place, which I'd have thought to be a bad idea with the home team's advantages. /shrug

• Caster Rune feels similar to dodge. You can't rely on it and when it does proc it gives a subtle advantage. No nerf needed. Maybe don't allow them to stack.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Caster Rune feels similar to dodge. You can't rely on it and when it does proc it gives a subtle advantage. No nerf needed. Maybe don't allow them to stack.
    I'm not sure why they allowed them to stack additively in the first place. If it worked like the warrior rune it'd probably be okay? Or maybe it's time to review Shade's ability to stack 5 purple runes in the first place, I don't think anyone's fussed about Balog or Agnon being able to get a 40% chance to steal. Are they?
  • echonapechonap Member
    I'm not sure why they allowed them to stack additively in the first place. If it worked like the warrior rune it'd probably be okay? Or maybe it's time to review Shade's ability to stack 5 purple runes in the first place, I don't think anyone's fussed about Balog or Agnon being able to get a 40% chance to steal. Are they?

Warrior rune stacks additively too.

And Balog can have up to three of them, if you were one of the lucky top 5 that got the blue version from the individual competition for portal pulls

• StinkyStinky Member
    echonap wrote: »

Warrior rune stacks additively too.

And Balog can have up to three of them, if you were one of the lucky top 5 that got the blue version from the individual competition for portal pulls
    Oh! I don't know why, but I was under the impression that they stacked multiplicatively (I probably spelt that wrong). Well, thanks for letting me know; I've been spreading my warrior runes around rather than stack them, but if they work together, hey, that makes things more interesting.
  • pcg0dpcg0d Member
    Summit_Log_180605

Summary provided by Müerta: (This can be shared using in-game chat.)

This week: Community Event where all of DB works together to get reward. | Next week: Tank event. Non-guild event to complete quests for tokens or tickets. | 2 Weeks out (subject to change): Yellow non-beast hero release Winterfest style. Big shakeups coming to support new hero. | Other changes: -Tower Barbarian shield resetting is getting fixed ASAP. Other changes that should help make tower easier will be coming via hero updates & meta changes. The first set will be in about 10 days & another set a week after. -Token, evo & material redistribution was held back but will come eventually. -Working on changing Crown Tournament to where people can leave and join the guild throughout the week & the top 50 contributors get the rewards. It also allows for hero token reward changes more often. -Looking at PvP season payout changes instead of rotating the same few runes. -Looking into keeping tokens in event shops so people can purchase to get the aether.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • Yep, I knew it... Jabber meta in the house #noOTKgreater
  • wolfstuffwolfstuff Member
    So new hero means every defense will be shade + new hero, meaning every tower level will be exactly this. Good call