New Question & Answer Process Replaces Weekly DB Guild Summits

Comments

• Thanks Oracle9. Are logs kept?
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    But is there anything about a monthly hero
    Kai & Phemus got reworked today, does that count?

http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/59473/patch-notes-july-18th-2018-kai-makani-and-phemus-reworks/p1/

• Has anyone got the summit log from today?
    Level - 75
    Guilds - Member in VIP LIFE and officer in VIP Minions
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • No-one? :o
  • Oracle9Oracle9 Member
    July 31st Summit Log
    GM of The Potato Army
  • When you realize @SeasideStorm is part of the conversation… :open_mouth:
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    Y8MqAzC.png
  • Yep!
    Level: 74
    Position: Officer of Evil Inc
    Favorite Hero: Ekko
    "Once you have accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you."
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited August 2
    Yikes. That’s one depressing summit. Half the time was spent unproductively arguing about how to properly reward a single guild for a single event, and other half was a litany of changes and requests that the devs state they don’t have the resources to handle.

-We’re stuck with calendar events for every single hero release for the foreseeable future even though everyone is sick of them because they are easy cut/pastes for the devs and buy them 3 weeks of time. Freeing up all that time is apparently the bare minimum needed for bug fixes and backend playability patches and doesn’t provide time to develop new playable content because:

-We won’t be seeing lunar event style play anymore because devs don’t have time to fix the bugs.

-We won’t be seeing boss invasion events anymore because devs don’t have time to put them together (even though we went the better part of 6 months with almost literally zero content last year solely because we were told boss invasion infrastructure was being put in place instead, and would allow for all kinds of really cool event ideas moving forward).

Maybe I’m being pessimistic, but the official word seems to be: no new content, expect lots of repeat events and rewards, mass quickloot/portal pull/token collect type events with no playable component are the new normal as money makers. Tell me again what we have to actually look forward to and why people should be interested and engaged???
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Yikes.
    Yeah.

On another note: earlier this year there was talk of targetting improvements in the pipeline, right? At the next summit, could someone please ask how those are shaping up?
  • What I really want to see at least in the next client update is better fps on android. Why is is only on the iphone? I've seen a lot of vids posted from iphones and the speed and gameplay looks so much nicer, give this to android users!
  • I really don't mind the calendar events, im morely annoyed about how every new hero starts with 1 star. Agnon in specific should have been hard to get, but instead he was basically a free hero.

I would love to see a new light hero that is actually good.
  • danacdanac Member
    Stinky wrote: »

The problem is that with the Lunar Festival/Boss Invasion stuff aborted, PvE looks dead. Unless they have something else planned, it's quick loot events or running through The Vault for Winterfest tickets, forever. That's a real shame.

I hear they're gonna do a rune war dwarf rework that includes scavenger hunt puzzles and actual quests.....

• watermelonewatermelone Member
    edited August 7
    danac wrote: »
    Stinky wrote: »

The problem is that with the Lunar Festival/Boss Invasion stuff aborted, PvE looks dead. Unless they have something else planned, it's quick loot events or running through The Vault for Winterfest tickets, forever. That's a real shame.

I hear they're gonna do a rune war dwarf rework that includes scavenger hunt puzzles and actual quests.....

Tha-that event is.....still in...dungeon boss....
  • coneyKconeyK Member
    I really think there needs to be more attendee-side in terms of making sure that the summits don’t turn into squabbling about the last thing that caught fire.

I made a similar remark months ago and was told that wasn’t the usual, but it realy feels like it is.

It’s really depressing that the devs just don’t have time to make quality of life improvements, even with the hero events lasting like 3 weeks.

Fixing sparkling objects’ spawning should be a simple fix - if they’re using Unity I know almost exactly how to do it.

But then again, we’ve so far seen:
    -Hero sorting is an impossible ask
    -Koros wasn’t doing 2x damage against specific, seemingly random targets
    -Yokozuna had or lost his Warrior tag depending on his costume
    -Valkin was not receiving stat boosts depending on his costume

So really, I have no idea what is going on under the hood.
  • coneyK wrote: »
    -Hero sorting is an impossible ask.

Sigh. I recently had a dream where I could sort my heroes by strength and relevance. The whole thing was in 8-bit matrix and I still woke up happy.

• Any summary for the recent summit?
  • Deathriftx wrote: »
    Any summary for the recent summit?

The next summit isn’t until next week :).

Level: 74
    Position: Officer of Evil Inc
    Favorite Hero: Ekko
    "Once you have accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you."
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    Is the Q&A chat exclusive or can anyone join?
  • Does no food mean Potato Cats are not allowed anymore?
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    @Alecat97 - according to the league of justice it means no potatoes.
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    @Alecat97 - according to the league of justice it means no potatoes.

5lemhe4hsa3q.jpg
  • So ice pick with unbreakable heart rune possibly can he make it into meta?
  • Any summary for this week?
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    No. Issues are not allowed in SDG. I could only get through a few before I was booted.

aann99wtuzhd.jpeg
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    I would like to go to the new SCG group but apparently it is even more exclusive.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Being able to select targets via the arrows will be nice. Taste for Brains hitting the wrong target (a.k.a. not Solaris' ashes) in particular can be frustrating.

Also, I hope they can get guild names to come up for PvP matches, but what would be better is an option to never have guildmates be raid targets at all.