Recent Undead change gone wrong

So I’m out here tryin’ to enjoy the new Undead buffs, which are awesome. I notice how Yorick and Zomm are no longer magical, yet the purple Koros enemies that do x2 damage to Magical heroes are doing said extra damage. Is this a bug? A glitch?

0vz6vfsngmwy.png

vz20cwjndf92.png

Comments

• This is one of those things that makes me scratch my head. Do the passives not work by tag, but rather by hardcoded values...?

I remember a time in which Therand wasn't doing added damage to the final boss of one of the gold islands even though he was armored. I think this was before the islands were updated. Oh dear...
  • coneyK wrote: »
    This is one of those things that makes me scratch my head. Do the passives not work by tag, but rather by hardcoded values...?

I remember a time in which Therand wasn't doing added damage to the final boss of one of the gold islands even though he was armored. I think this was before the islands were updated. Oh dear...

Judging by how I've seen things like this in the past with previous hero changes (little bugs like this that have happened so often I can't remember them all), I would say hardcoded values. It's easier to simply remove a box that displays words compared to going back to the game's code, changing it so it works properly with EVERY hero and enemy, and then releasing server-wide changes for all players so that it'll work.

Hopefully it gets fixed, I've had a few close calls on the 15 stamina dungeon that could be avoided due to this change :(
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Seems some residual magic is still floating around those heroes. We'll get that removed. :)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • ApocalyptusApocalyptus Member
    edited October 2017
    Shouldn't the text for aura eater correctly display so that attacks from the hero/enemy with this trait deal extra damage to magical & Caster heroes, because in a way, casters are actually a type of Magic Wielder to some extent...
    Total Zomminionation.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Shouldn't the text for aura eater correctly display so that attacks from the hero/enemy with this trait deal extra damage to magical & Caster heroes, because in a way, casters are actually a type of Magic Wielder to some extent...

Most Casters tend to have Magical. If you're looking for a hero who deals extra damage to Casters, there's this amazing new hero called Zurk. He's super OP, yet nobody seems to know about him. He has a Caster Hunter passive, but also an ability that deals 2x damage to Casters, meaning he can deal 4x damage to a Caster and basically 1-shot any Caster he wants! I know, I know, too good to be true. But he's real! And you can farm his tokens in the normal mode campaign too!

• If you're looking for a hero who deals extra damage to Casters, there's this amazing new hero called Zurk. He's super OP, yet nobody seems to know about him.

It's because of the hat.

• NateDogeNateDoge Member
    edited October 2017
    @joel any idea of Zomm has been getting the benefit from astrid's caster passive?