The state of this game.

I am a long term player in a top 3 guild.
This game used to be wonderful.
Lately the rapid decline has lead to a state of dismay.
The Potato family has 13 guilds. A total of 650 players.
We have guilds that cater to every player level from beginner to high end game raiders.
I know the perspective of every level player.
Every single week I watch the long term players leaving. Not just my guild but all the other guilds as well.
These are the people that spend the most money.
The people who put in the most time on this game.
The frequency of these events are a death sentence to this game.
At the high end level we spend hours and hours of time doing the events.
We spend money.
We spend resources.
The time commitment involved takes us away from family and friends.
But we do it because we loved your game.
That love is gone.
This has become a chore.
Im not raiding right now for fun.
Im raiding out of commitment to my fellow guildmates.
There is almost nothing left for many of your VIP 10s to do in this game.
Lack of new content. No new portal heros. Sub-par rewards for massive effort involved.
The new structure favors low levels with incomplete rosters.
People who do not spend money.
You need to address this issue quickly because right now you have a dying game.
These events can not be this close together or you will lose your core player base.
And without those players you will have lost what made this game great.
GM of The Potato Army
Tagged:

Comments

• I completely agree and I also speak, as a GM, for my top10 guild PotatoMortis. The continuous changes and problems of the game have become unbearable. During this event for us Europeans it was impossible to play for almost an entire day, which it has given us a huge disadvantage. If things do not improve, many of the best players will leave the game within a month.
  • WasiWasi Member
    edited November 2017
    Agree. Preventing / reducing churn rate (looking after established, long term players) should be as high a priority as customer acquisition.

We are all passionate about the game and a loyal customer base, that could be capitalised on financially with the right approach, so it’s a shame so many long term and end game players are leaving.

I wonder with all these bugs and issues, will it all just become too hard and they no longer support the game, collect some last minute revenue grabs then dump and run?

Some people go a little / a lot over the top with their frustrations, personal comments about the devs, which isn’t great, and maybe we all need to have a deep breath on occasion, but they need to make some big, considered steps to gain our trust and support again.

That’s if they want to.

---
    The Potato Army
  • I agree completely. These events are awful grinds that make me hate PvP. I grind for my guild, not for fun. And there's a lot more ...

PvP is a truly miserable experience from levels 63 through 69. The game is top heavy with level 70s who have had nothing to do for months but gather the best superior runes for their 6* heroes, and they all get matched against lower level opponents. Then if one of these lower leveled players does make it to legend 1, all we see in our own matchmaking choices is a bunch of people we can't beat, sprinkled with the occasional high leveled player with a 1k runed team for some reason. At level 64, with a bit over 8 hours left in this PvP event, I've been attacked 724 times. I've lost nearly 15k trophies from being attacked, which means I've had to grind an extra 15k just to get where I am, compared to a level 70 (who are attacked with far less frequency). By the way, that number of attacks has jumped to 728 as I've typed. Wait, now 732.

Matchmaking needs to be fixed. The hammer system needs to be fixed. This has been going on for months, but your PvP events have made the problem excruciating.
  • Also, it’s not great for the DB brand to have noobies come to the forums and see 95% of the posts slamming the game these days.
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • Agreed. Nowadays I can't see someone that is enjoying PLAYING this GAME. It should be a game, a way to spend your spare time, instead it's a job because we have tons of guild events that require too much time, effort and resources.
  • There’s not much more that I can add to these comments except that I agree with them and I am one of the players on the verge of leaving the game. It cannot be overstated that this game has become a chore we do for our friends/guildmates.
    It also needs to be known that the dissolution of the Summit Debate Group was a bit of a slap in the face to those of us who spent many hours to improve this game.
    I have held onto the hope that things will improve for far too long and with the shortcomings and issues with the current, it seems quite futile.
  • Most of the F2P need to educate themselves on the Theory of Public Goods. The committed players recognize this because we truly enjoyed the game and want to reward devs for their effort.
  • I... I rather like this game acually.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • I fully agree, in all honesty i dont only feel like money is being wasted with the changes, but the game has become really imbalanced with all of these nerfs and buffs.

After Mk got nerfed the devs added an epic, to who? To Zomm which was previously countered by the now nerfed Mk.... not a smart idea eh?

Solaris is a whole different story. Beast teams are basically undefeatable UNLESS you have an even better beast team or your opponent is of a lower level than you.

Shade is basically the base of pvp nowadays but he has an epic and hasnt been nerfed, which makes him a really good combo with the now buffed Zomm... once again a bad idea.

But now lets get back to the first substantial nerf that happened! Zen! He used to be an amazing character because he could make one hero of you choice fast and hasted, but he got nerfed by switching his 1st ability with his 3rd ability, which gives invincibility to a hero of choice. BUT now that we have Koros isnt that basically useless? Yes it is.

I have been thinking of quiting because of the above and many more reasons, but im staying simply because I want to stay with the potato family, not because I enjoy the game, like I did 2 years ago.

Devs, be aware of your actions.
  • farfella wrote: »
    I... I rather like this game acually.

Oh, I like the game.

I don't like the DIRECTION of the game at this point in time from the developers.

Those two things aren't mutually exclusive.
  • Or just go trough the bug list of the forum. Last count i found found 30-50seperate bugs there that are still in the game.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Oracle9 wrote: »
    The new structure favors low levels with incomplete rosters.
    People who do not spend money.

I sadly think they're trying to target low-level players who don't spend money so that they can get them to spend money.
  • The game seemed to be on an upward trajectory for a while earlier in the year and late last year, but to my eye, it started heading down again over the summer. It felt like they had decided to be more generous for a few months, then decided to reign it back in since.
  • MlwNicko wrote: »
    I fully agree, in all honesty i dont only feel like money is being wasted with the changes, but the game has become really imbalanced with all of these nerfs and buffs.

After Mk got nerfed the devs added an epic, to who? To Zomm which was previously countered by the now nerfed Mk.... not a smart idea eh?

Solaris is a whole different story. Beast teams are basically undefeatable UNLESS you have an even better beast team or your opponent is of a lower level than you.

Shade is basically the base of pvp nowadays but he has an epic and hasnt been nerfed, which makes him a really good combo with the now buffed Zomm... once again a bad idea.

But now lets get back to the first substantial nerf that happened! Zen! He used to be an amazing character because he could make one hero of you choice fast and hasted, but he got nerfed by switching his 1st ability with his 3rd ability, which gives invincibility to a hero of choice. BUT now that we have Koros isnt that basically useless? Yes it is.

I have been thinking of quiting because of the above and many more reasons, but im staying simply because I want to stay with the potato family, not because I enjoy the game, like I did 2 years ago.

Devs, be aware of your actions.

Actually, the new Zomm update seemed to be designed to counter the solaris meta. He is pretty amazing vs beast teams now. Shade/Astrid/Zomm is pretty much the meta right now.
  • I couldn’t agree more with everything that’s been said. I’ve been playing for two years now and am sad to see where this game has gone. In particular I feel like it has turned into a total cash machine; I fully appreciate that the developers need to make the game profitable, but it’s gotten ridiculous. $50+ REAL MONEY for hero tokens??? That’s someone’s grocery bill. And gems have gotten all but worthless, given the state of runes in the game. Pvp is basically a rune game now — do you have five legendary superior runes on all your heroes? No? Don’t bother. And wtf happened to 3x materials?? We need that to keep up with all these events. Scale back the guild events and reward players who’ve already sunk a ton of money into the game please.
  • I completely agree. Guild games were once my favorite part of Dungeon Boss. It was exciting to join together and go hard for your guild. However, the frequency of the guild games, pvp tourneys, and boss invasion has diminished the fun of these events. It depletes all your recourses with no time in between to replenish your supply. It doesn't allow time in between the events to work on your personal game or characters as well. It feels like you just get over one event and are thrown right into another.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Business tip for Boss Fight: If you want us to buy stuff in the game, make us want to buy it, rather than forcing us to buy them.

For example, guild game events. At this point you basically have to buy stuff to get the top rewards. Removing rewards based on place (besides the top guilds, but who cares) and making rewards based on thresholds actually forces us to buy more, because the thresholds go so high. If it was simply about placement, we wouldn’t be forced to buy. Instead, we would want to buy things to get ahead.

Same for basically anything else. If you want to craft Epic Runes or use Heroic summons, you’ve pretty much got to buy gems. There’s literally no way someone can save up the gems between guild games events to craft 2 Epic Runes before the next games. Make it possible, but difficult. That way players who actually spend time and effort will be rewarded, and those who don’t want to can just buy gems - although it wouldn’t be required of them.
  • @Wolfreich Yes! Lack of effective communication and transparency are the worst. We are reliant on players like @foozle and @itirnitii to catalog game statistics and identify stealth changes. This is the most dysfunctional part of the game for me.