Shade Targeting Logic Change?

@Joel

Has there been a recent (last month) change to a Defense Shade's battle logic? I've noticed more and more that after Shade uses Spirit Link, his possession timing can be unpredictable. If no offensive heroes are dead (or none can be possessed), Shade will forgo Possessing his own dead allies about 40% of the time and use a basic attack instead.

I feel like not too long ago, Shade would possess a hero (offense or defense) at the first available opportunity regardless of what side of the table they were on.
Tagged:

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I've noticed this from the get-go, I don't think it's anything new. Enemy Shades seem smart. They seem to know they can do more damage with their basic attacks to your Haunted heroes than they would if they possessed another hero. Or they know your heroes are stronger and better to possess than his own allies.

Just another way DB shows their love for Shade, probably. Giving him better AI than anyone else. Though... if that were the case, you'd think they'd give Solaris a better AI, too. Always Engulfing flames. Always.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    We haven't made any changes to Shade's AI logic.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • I think you're seeing the Solaris / Hopper / Zomm / Immune effect.. Shade can't possess allies or enemies with feathers on their corpses. Otherwise he'll possess turn three, if any targets are available.

With Feathers, spirit immunity (Ekko, Solaris), and corpse removal becoming part of the meta, Shade has fewer targets for his possession.

• @kalamadea totally understand that. But when there's no Solaris and there's a dead def SB, and Shade bypasses the chance to possess to use a regular attack... that's where I'm getting thrown.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    dvd54407 wrote: »
    @kalamadea totally understand that. But when there's no Solaris and there's a dead def SB, and Shade bypasses the chance to possess to use a regular attack... that's where I'm getting thrown.

It's simply Shade being smart if you ask me.
  • Not arguing there. Shade is definitely smarter... but I swear just a couple months ago he wasn't THAT smart. I recalled him using possession the first chance he got every time. Now he's strategically using it?
  • Has anyone considered that the characters are learning from their mistakes?
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • It’s SkyNet starting to take hold.