Hey all! Winterfest will be starting on Wednesday, and we discussed some aspects of the event in today's guild summit. Here are the important points:
- Winterfest will last 15 days, from Wednesday, December 20th until Wednesday, January 3rd.
- Winterfest will revolve around 'wreaths', just as Haunted Halls revolves around candy corn.
- Winterfest will have a 'calendar' of 14 doors, just like last year. The calendar behaves exactly the same way as it did last year.
- Each door can be opened with a bronze, silver, or gold key. Each key will result in the door paying out different loot. The loot that you can get with each key will be clearly shown, there are no surprises or gambles here.
- General payout structure for doors: Using a bronze key will grant 2 things. Using a silver key will increase the payout of those two things PLUS give one additional things. Using a gold key will increase the payouts of the three things the silver key pays out PLUS 2 additional things.
- You will start the event with one of each type of key. You can earn a bronze key each day from quests, and a gold key from the quests on one of the days. You can also purchase one gold key using wreaths.
- You can only open door 1 on day 1. On day 2, you can open door 1 and 2, but can only open door 2 if you've opened door 1. This continues until day 14.
- On day 14, when you open the last door, they will all reset and you will have the option to open any/all of them again if you so choose, in any order.
- Using gold keys on all 28 doors will allow you to 6-star the new hero that will be released as part of the event. His name is Goretusk, he's a fast beast that you'll learn more about on Wednesday!
- There is a guild event associated with Winterfest that is similar to the one from Haunted Halls/Nightmare Before Winterfest. We've designed the event based on feedback from guild summit chats, and player participation data from last year's Winterfest.
- The Winterfest shop will be extended a day longer than the event itself to give players a chance to spend all their wreaths.
- Grog-Gnog will be getting an Epic in honor of his one year anniversary in the game.
- Winterfest will have 2 new hero skins. The event will give players access to pretty much all of the previous holiday skins in one way or another.
- There will be a corrupted heart for sale in the wreath shop.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment