Notes About Winterfest From 12/18 Guild Summit

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
Hey all! Winterfest will be starting on Wednesday, and we discussed some aspects of the event in today's guild summit. Here are the important points:
  • Winterfest will last 15 days, from Wednesday, December 20th until Wednesday, January 3rd.
  • Winterfest will revolve around 'wreaths', just as Haunted Halls revolves around candy corn.
  • Winterfest will have a 'calendar' of 14 doors, just like last year. The calendar behaves exactly the same way as it did last year.
  • Each door can be opened with a bronze, silver, or gold key. Each key will result in the door paying out different loot. The loot that you can get with each key will be clearly shown, there are no surprises or gambles here.
  • General payout structure for doors: Using a bronze key will grant 2 things. Using a silver key will increase the payout of those two things PLUS give one additional things. Using a gold key will increase the payouts of the three things the silver key pays out PLUS 2 additional things.
  • You will start the event with one of each type of key. You can earn a bronze key each day from quests, and a gold key from the quests on one of the days. You can also purchase one gold key using wreaths.
  • You can only open door 1 on day 1. On day 2, you can open door 1 and 2, but can only open door 2 if you've opened door 1. This continues until day 14.
  • On day 14, when you open the last door, they will all reset and you will have the option to open any/all of them again if you so choose, in any order.
  • Using gold keys on all 28 doors will allow you to 6-star the new hero that will be released as part of the event. His name is Goretusk, he's a fast beast that you'll learn more about on Wednesday!
  • There is a guild event associated with Winterfest that is similar to the one from Haunted Halls/Nightmare Before Winterfest. We've designed the event based on feedback from guild summit chats, and player participation data from last year's Winterfest.
  • The Winterfest shop will be extended a day longer than the event itself to give players a chance to spend all their wreaths.
  • Grog-Gnog will be getting an Epic in honor of his one year anniversary in the game.
  • Winterfest will have 2 new hero skins. The event will give players access to pretty much all of the previous holiday skins in one way or another.
  • There will be a corrupted heart for sale in the wreath shop.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• farfellafarfella Member
    edited December 2017
    Hol up... A fast beast? -_-
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • Based on previous years - it'll be a blue hero.

So a blue fast beast to add to Lupina and Torchy's red. Perhaps it'll eat all buffs as a first turn to counter Shade.

• Cmon with this beast stuff..there is other characters..sick of beasts
  • January 10th!!!!
  • Grog getting an epic?? THANK YOU!!

That's awesome. Been waiting for a good blue hero epic to work on; I have Mist totems coming out of my ears!! Plus, Grog is in my regular PvP AND PvE rotation; tied with Koros as my most used hero.

Hated the undead stuff, but this more than makes up for it.

And a Fast Beast?? AMAZING. I love beast; my favorite "Family" to use.

Saving Stamina/Gems for this now!
  • shiggity80shiggity80 Member
    edited December 2017
    Thanks for the description!

Can you guys make sure GG's epic will be using the right materials? No fire crystals for a blue hero right?

Also, will you guys be selling the bonanza boosts again during this event? Anyway we can get one using wreaths? (like limit 1 or something)
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    No fire crystals for a blue hero right?

Also, will you guys be selling the bonanza boosts again during this event? Anyway we can get one using wreaths? (like limit 1 or something)

+1 to both

• shiggity80 wrote: »
    Thanks for the description!

Can you guys make sure GG's epic will be using the right materials? No fire crystals for a blue hero right?

You poor, naive soul.
  • I, for one, am glad we’re getting another beast hero. In fact, I feel like we should convert all hero types to beast so we don’t have to worry about diversifying the meta. And, it’s great that Grog is getting an epic! He really needed one since he’s definitely one of the most underrated and under-used heroes.

While we’re at it, can we change the pricing of every item in shop to be a minimum of $20 USD? I think the game needs heavier monetization and that would provide a more consistent baseline.

Thanks, BF!
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Hopefully this new Beast hero is the last non-human hero for a long time... Unless it's an Ogre or Dragon. Sorta tired of Monsters and Beasts and all these weird things. I just want a good 'ol human hero again. But still... Could be neat to see a new Beast hero.

Maybe he's a Dark element Beast who resembles Krampus? Er... no, that wouldn't be good. We have enough Dark Fast heroes...
  • if 3 of each monarachs are sold for 600 wreaths, then this might be enough to get me back
    The Great Monk- Key shall protect my dungeon from attacks

SparkleStarley
  • also why not evie knockoff for new hero
    The Great Monk- Key shall protect my dungeon from attacks

SparkleStarley
  • Does anyone remember how much gold keys cost last winterfest? We get/earn 3 free but 25 will have to be purchased to reach 6 stars for the new hero. Would be nice to know this price tag.
  • I'm not 100% sure, but I think @decepticlown might have been being sarcastic...
  • May we Atleast see what Goretusk looks like? I can’t wait!
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • @MonkeyHunter last year I bought 5 gold keys for $50.
    May we Atleast see what Goretusk looks like? I can’t wait!

I can only envision a Blue Lupina with tusks and maybe some other wintery aspects to his or her design... hopefully I’m wrong!
  • Why would you want to make strong team even stronger??? Why don’t you release some fast goblin and buff all goblins or fast dwarf and buff all dwarf, instead you want to make strong beast team OP
  • Well tge evebt itself sounds pretty good as i liked the previous winterfest one and this one is kind of similar to it :)

Just dont make Goretusk be a dark beast who disables first turn buffs or protect corpses or like limit the max number ofrevive/raise effects being used.
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    edited December 2017
    Joel wrote: »
    Using gold keys on all 28 doors will allow you to 6-star the new hero that will be released as part of the event. His name is Goretusk, he's a fast beast that you'll learn more about on Wednesday!

Wondering how similiar DB's version of Goretusk will be to WoW's...
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Goretusk

latest?cb=20060926115237

Post edited by sirolk99 on
    Lenex wrote: »
    Why would you want to make strong team even stronger??? Why don’t you release some fast goblin and buff all goblins or fast dwarf and buff all dwarf, instead you want to make strong beast team OP

A fast, blue, Winter-themed Goblin would be awesome! He could be like, the Winter troublemaker or something. Not exactly the Grinch type as he'd be very happy it's Christmas, just very mischievous and wild. His name could be Kringle.

Know what? That's gonna be my next hero design.
  • Monkeynuts wrote: »
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think @decepticlown might have been being sarcastic...
    Just imagine if they started homogenizing all the heroes by making them beasts. PvP matches could eventually be decided with one button press like a digital rock-paper-scissors! It would be great. We wouldn’t have to think at all about which heroes to use...
  • sirolk99 wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »
    Using gold keys on all 28 doors will allow you to 6-star the new hero that will be released as part of the event. His name is Goretusk, he's a fast beast that you'll learn more about on Wednesday!

Wondering how similiar DB's version of Goretusk will be to WoW's...
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Goretusk

latest?cb=20060926115237

Don't we already have a "goretusk"...Pignius?
  • Okay!!!! Let’s really mess everybody up....the new hero is also a new color......or a mix of all the colors......rainbow warrior!!!!!!

NOT...just being facetious guys
  • farfella wrote: »

There's already Lupina, but a 2nd fast beast will allow beasts to be viable vs. the Shade/Hopper combos instead of relying on your own Shade! Great addition and allows for more ALL BEAST teams.

Much needed after the MK nerf/undead buff. I absolutely hate undead; hate the design, the way they play, especially Zomm. Having a beast team to combat them will make PvP so much more fun; only beast with an epic right now is Lupina, vs. the Undead/Shade who all have epics. At the highest levels, beast teams were going to fall by the wayside because of the lack of epics.

Now that Grog is getting his due, Beasts will FINALLY have a chance to step into the spotlight!
  • Monkeynuts wrote: »
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think @decepticlown might have been being sarcastic...
    Just imagine if they started homogenizing all the heroes by making them beasts. PvP matches could eventually be decided with one button press like a digital rock-paper-scissors! It would be great. We wouldn’t have to think at all about which heroes to use...

Hey and we could have an "auto" mode that would allow us to "push" that button automatically while we were away, say, asleep for the night.

And we could schedule our store purchases by subscription so every XXX game hours we would automatically buy something even if we weren't actively signed into the game.

This opens up a whole new set of ideas! Thanks!
  • So does this mean I can save up my gold keys until the last day after I have seen the doors' contents so I can decide what best to spend my few golds on? I don't have $50 sitting around to pay for more right now.

I wish I could fax over my income and debts to BF and get some sort of "low income discount".
  • xandrew29 wrote: »
    farfella wrote: »

There's already Lupina, but a 2nd fast beast will allow beasts to be viable vs. the Shade/Hopper combos instead of relying on your own Shade! Great addition and allows for more ALL BEAST teams.

Much needed after the MK nerf/undead buff. I absolutely hate undead; hate the design, the way they play, especially Zomm. Having a beast team to combat them will make PvP so much more fun; only beast with an epic right now is Lupina, vs. the Undead/Shade who all have epics. At the highest levels, beast teams were going to fall by the wayside because of the lack of epics.

Now that Grog is getting his due, Beasts will FINALLY have a chance to step into the spotlight!

Torchy is another fast beast (with epic).
    And Bovus has an Epic as well.
    Maybe it's not all bad. Maybe they're just a utility hero.

Then again, Grog appeared to be a utility hero, but he also has Tank-like Health and Defense, and Warrior/Caster-like damage...

Seriously, Snow Day shouldn't do damage. Or at least, a very little amount.