SQ Daeris Rain of Sorrow heals ?

Hi guyz,
I know Daeris rain of sorrow can be devastating, especially to the male.. I've seen countless times that an entire team got taken out by one rain-of-sorrow. No surprise there..

However, there are times that the Rain doesn't seems to damage anyone.. And sometimes I could see that the rain-of-sorrow seems to damage for half a second and then heal the enemies?? What's going on ? I cannot really pinpoint the exact heroes that doesn't get damaged, but it seems to happen to dark heroes such as shade or undead...

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    darren wrote: »
    Hi guyz,
    I know Daeris rain of sorrow can be devastating, especially to the male.. I've seen countless times that an entire team got taken out by one rain-of-sorrow. No surprise there..

However, there are times that the Rain doesn't seems to damage anyone.. And sometimes I could see that the rain-of-sorrow seems to damage for half a second and then heal the enemies?? What's going on ? I cannot really pinpoint the exact heroes that doesn't get damaged, but it seems to happen to dark heroes such as shade or undead...

It's lowering their max health. Their health bars represent how much of their max health they have left. My guess is her attack deals damage, which is shown by their health bars decreasing, but then their health bars are filled up again since the game is adjusting for their new max health.

Imagine the bar just getting shorter, then stretching out to be the same size as it was before.
  • farfellafarfella Member
    edited January 14
    It's almost like a -def debuff.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • darren wrote: »
    Hi guyz,

This is a common visual thing that confuses folks.

She is doing damage but like other posters have said the enemies max health decreases.

Example: if enemy has 10,000 hp max initially and Daeris does 8000 dmg, the new max hp for the enemy will be 2,000. Their red healthbar will be full, but they only have 2,000 hp.
  • It's especially confusing, because the ability description doesn't say anything about lowering max health. It just says the "damage is unhealable."
  • ScoutYo wrote: »
    It's especially confusing, because the ability description doesn't say anything about lowering max health. It just says the "damage is unhealable."

yeah, this confuses me... Description says "unhealable".. didn't know that it affects the max health...
  • Affecting max health is just the mechanism they use to make the damage unhealable (it does X damage and lowers max health by X, so the damage can't be healed).

Seeing a full health bar after a big attack lands can be confusing, but you get used to it.
  • Got it.. thanks ScoutYo
  • Either way it’s broken af when combo’d with Shade. Taking 40k damage THROUGH Mammoth Guard is asinine.zmlexspz0gk9.png