Corruption Rune - is it working?

2»

Comments

• GroghillGroghill Member
    edited January 25
    kalamadea wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »
    Grog-Gnog's double melee is done with Grog-Gnog's basic attack. An epic attack is a replacement for a basic attack, not a basic attack.

I'll be straightforward -- can Grog-Gnog disease/burn with both normal attacks?

Can Grog-Gnog disease/burn with all 5 Epic attacks?

I can partially answer that one - the Epic attacks are a "special animation" and cannot proc any touch runes. The Epic attack is triggered by the basic attack, in this case Grog-Gnog's first swing (never see it triggred on his second swing, right?). In turn, this is what leads me to belive that the disease touch, as well as burning touch, can only have the chance to proc on that first swing (if it follows the same Epic attack rules) since the second swing would be defined as a "special animation". Unless, of course, Joel can confirm that the entire sequence is considered to be a basic attack.

Edit add: Nevertheless, I can confirm the rune does indeed proc, even off a basic ranged attack. I have the Dark Corrupted Rune on my Shade, and twice in PvP the disease has proc'd off his basic range toss. The chance to proc is probably even smaller than the Life Steal chance... but it does work.
  • This is complete BS.

If a hero has Burning Touch, they should have a chance to burn on ANY Melee attack. Not just a basic, ANY burning attack.

Complete and utter BS.
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited January 28
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    This is complete BS.

If a hero has Burning Touch, they should have a chance to burn on ANY Melee attack. Not just a basic, ANY burning attack.

Complete and utter BS.

Why even limit to melee? It should just be any attack. You’re inbueing the attack with flame/disease. Basic, ranged, melee, special, whatever. An attack of any sort landing should be able to add the debuff.

Failing that, they should be combo both skin and touch.

Otherwise, 2 of 4 ultra runes are useless. Maybe the green one can be skill/skill/crit chance with poison touch to complete the garbage trifecta.
  • I think you mean Skill/Skill/Dodge with Poison Skin. ;) although you’re right, Crit and ATK are relatively worthless in this meta as burst Damage has been nerfed into the bloody ground.
2»