And today the tower is brought to you by solaris

Yes boys and girls once again you get the massive joy of fighting that bird and her friends on four different floors

Comments

• I just beat her on 6
  • Solaris with non beast heroes are probably manageable. All beast teams with Solaris is a pain in the tower,, The fact that beasts have the feathers by default normally means that i need to kill them at least twice..
  • Last week I had a Tower with a Solaris on 7 (!) floors. Granted, the first 4 floors of them were a breeze with a team of Epic heros but I gave up on the last one which had an OP Goretusk and Leo. I was spending more time in the Tower than guild quests, PVP, and epic hunting combined and I ran out of patience.

A trick you may not be aware of is the Tower difficulty is based of your last PVP opponent's team roster power. The higher the power - the more difficult the Tower. So don't open a new Tower until you come across (and beat) a ridiculously easy PVP team.
  • Last week I had a Tower with a Solaris on 7 (!) floors. Granted, the first 4 floors of them were a breeze with a team of Epic heros but I gave up on the last one which had an OP Goretusk and Leo. I was spending more time in the Tower than guild quests, PVP, and epic hunting combined and I ran out of patience.

A trick you may not be aware of is the Tower difficulty is based of your last PVP opponent's team roster power. The higher the power - the more difficult the Tower. So don't open a new Tower until you come across (and beat) a ridiculously easy PVP team.

Though this was a theory over two years ago (And not all agreed to it) - I would not say that it holds true today. But hey if the sugar pill works... well sugar is delicious!
  • It does not work if you lose PvP to an easy team, maybe I’ll have to try winning for a change.
  • So today I battle Solaris in the tower 6 times. When I got to the 10 level, Lily, goretusk and ferno joined Solaris. For some reason my 34 hero's could not even damage Lily, ferno and Solaris. I was only able to kill goretusk only to have him raised by Solaris at about the 24 hero try. I attacked Lily and ferno with some of my strongest hero's and I did not see a sliver of damage. Also Lily grew 4 times in one round. If only the games hero's followed the same rules the players hero's followed we might have a chance. It is also frustrating to battle Solaris 6 times with beasts. It's hard enough to get by Solaris 1 or 2 times but 6 is almost impossible.
  • The Devs are working hard to kill DB, the introduction of Solaris and then GT at Christmas has me frequently quitting the Tower early just because of the ridiculous level of DR on these teams and the long drawn out nature of the battles. Hint Devs, try reading the Forums it is past time for a change and the combat revamp wasn’t it.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    RedE2Quit wrote: »
    The Devs are working hard to kill DB, the introduction of Solaris and then GT at Christmas has me frequently quitting the Tower early just because of the ridiculous level of DR on these teams and the long drawn out nature of the battles. Hint Devs, try reading the Forums it is past time for a change and the combat revamp wasn’t it.

At least DR is less effective now, and you can build Damage Penetration runes to bypass it.
  • irish1371 wrote: »
    Yes boys and girls once again you get the massive joy of fighting that bird and her friends on four different floors

4 doesnt sound so bad..
    In the legacy days, i once ran into a tower comp that had 8 floors of Kira+Black Diamond
    www.youtube.com/DarthCraig
    www.twitter.com/Darth_Craig

Are all plugs shameless?
  • DoageDoage Member
    I don't get why so many people complain about solaris. I see it so often on the forums. Hopper, zomm... The tower is easy. I faced a tower yesterday with 6 solaris beast team and didn't even flinch when I first saw all the solaris teams.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Doage wrote: »
    I don't get why so many people complain about solaris. I see it so often on the forums. Hopper, zomm... The tower is easy. I faced a tower yesterday with 6 solaris beast team and didn't even flinch when I first saw all the solaris teams.

Okay? Doesn't mean everyone shares that experience...
  • I think that they should limit how many times a hero can appear in the tower. Solaris is the new foil, but not too long ago it was shade, and Koros before him, and Kira/ DB teams before that.
  • facing the same guy/ team four or five times or so is kinda ridiculous.
  • ckall056 wrote: »
    irish1371 wrote: »

4 doesnt sound so bad..
    In the legacy days, i once ran into a tower comp that had 8 floors of Kira+Black Diamond

Yeah, the MK, BD double (plus Aria) was the worst. Now (even against solaris), I find Shade, Emily, Hansuke, Zomm can pretty easily take the tower.