A Quick Rant.

NemoBaitNemoBait Member
edited February 2 in My Dungeon Discussion
This a going to be a quick rant. I am a relatively new player and new to the forums. I am currently level 39 decently leveled. As a new player who can only boast about having a FA Ponti 5* and FA shade, I probably can't say much, but eh. But here are my complaints anyways.

Tower is ridiculous with fully ascended Beasts Teams at floor 3

I mean seriously, the tower was difficult to start with, at my level, no decent auto run teams and not reliable to complete it everyday; now it's more or less impossible.

From a lower level player's experience, you never get the evos you actually want

Sure, i have 8 Coldfire evos, 9 Brawny etc. 0 Bushido evos. 0 arcane evos. Urgh. Colfire evos and brawny are nice and all, but because of my limited amount of heroes, i have no use for them.

This game is ridiculously expensive

The less said about this unfortunate matter the better.

Events are starting to get a bit repetitive

I love events. But lately I have been noticing that a lot of the new events are being reused over and over again. Recently we have had another water event. As well, jackpots seemed to be a permanent feature of the heroic portal.

Aside from all this, i still love this game and it's always fun to play. Sorry about ranting for a bit but i just wanted to get it out there and see something done about it. Great game and community :smile:

NemoBait.
Level: 42
Favourite hero: Lupina
Currently: Doing an maths investigation
Tagged:

Comments

• danacdanac Member
    The tower is meant to be something it takes time to master.

Evos are meant to be hard to get.
    Best advice is to run as many evo islands every day as you can and save up all your pwnage cups for specific rare evos you need.

If you're having real problems with the tower, master bait teams, and plan only to complete 6 or 9 floors- the rewards bump up at those levels, and a partial completion is still rewarding.
  • NemoBait wrote: »
    This a going to be a quick rant. I am a relatively new player and new to the forums. I am currently level 39 decently leveled. As a new player who can only boast about having a FA Ponti 5* and FA shade, I probably can't say much, but eh. But here are my complaints anyways.

I mean seriously, the tower was difficult to start with, at my level, no decent auto run teams and not reliable to complete it everyday; now it's more or less impossible.

From a lower level player's experience, you never get the evos you actually want

Sure, i have 8 Coldfire evos, 9 Brawny etc. 0 Bushido evos. 0 arcane evos. Urgh. Colfire evos and brawny are nice and all, but because of my limited amount of heroes, i have no use for them.

I love events. But lately I have been noticing that a lot of the new events are being reused over and over again. Recently we have had another water event. As well, jackpots seemed to be a permanent feature of the heroic portal.

Aside from all this, i still love this game and it's always fun to play. Sorry about ranting for a bit but i just wanted to get it out there and see something done about it. Great game and community :smile:

NemoBait.

Welcome to the forums! You are clearly a more experienced player than you imagine if you are already ranting.

A lot of your concerns will be mitigated over time as you learn more tricks around them, but then you will encounter new ones to frustrate you more.

But seriously, it took me a loooong time to beat the tower, then they recently made it -even harder- and now I can beat it most days (if I am able to set aside enough time to focus)...you will eventually be able to beat it, but it will take patience, some well runed teams, and knowing some specific nuances especially of how to beat those annoying beast teams you mentioned. At one point I had given it up entirely, and that was before the last change that made it even harder. There are many threads here recently about the new tower, its one of the most...discussed...(and I use that term loosely) in the forum nowadays.

Expensive : don't be put off by some of the outer-space prices of some of the things in the store and the constant barrage of specials...you CAN play this game without money, or with just a little money now and then to take the edge off. Sure, it takes longer, but I look on it as an exercise in patience and delayed gratification - strengthening my character - accomplishments are sweeter(?) Besides, I like to eat and have heat and electricity. I would be willing to buy more stuff at much lower price points, bu so far those in charge feel their profit model is best suited to charge higher than I can or choose to afford.

Me, I mostly only use the heroic portal for 10x summons that unlock new heroes I don't yet have. I rarely use it otherwise.

Evos; Those seem hard now, but if you wait for evo boost events that will make things easier. Also they've added a one day a week (I forget which day) to have a daylong EVO boost - a perfect time to "farm" evos for the ones you want the most right now.

Eventually as your roster grows, and as you use the PWN shop and aether shop (when you start maxing heroes) and you get better runes and some stronger heroes to beat down the beast teams, things should get a little easier, but you will have to wait for it.

You will know you have reached top player status when your rants get longer and you start to pull your hair out.
  • Ududu2Ududu2 Member
    edited February 2
    I agree with the events why so many element festivals lately? Seems like events go in a pattern of special event like guild wars>festival>special event>festival>special event>festival
    Mix it up a bit! What ever happened to that one warrior event that had a special Dungeon where you could only take a single hero? I never got to beat that and I'd love to see that again
  • NemoBait wrote: »

NemoBait.

I would take a slow leveling approach and focus only on end-game heroes from a portal/evo perspective. Solaris, Shade, Goretusk, Grog, Koros, Shadowblade, Hopper, Lily (who should be your last priority, as she needs to be runed a specific way and is only for PvP) and Leo (once you open Challenge mode) can get you through anything, as can a full undead squad (Zomm, Bromm, Yorick, Hansuke). I don't like undead at all, so I use the first 7 or so.

Though tempting ,don't blow your evos on the mid-range, situational heroes, like Matsuta Kira (used be awesome, now sucks), Indigo, Torchy (used to lvoe him, but GT replaced him as a fast beast), Kai (cool concept, outpaced by GT's DR), Julius, Pignius, the Reptiles, etc . The only original hero that is worth anything is Shadowblade.

I can auto run every boss island dungeon with Solaris, Grog, Leo and Goretusk. Actually, just Sol, Grog and GT + hero for an epic works too.

Save up your evos and your portal summons. Get to a 10500 guild, get those 5 summons/week, and wait for one of the major heroes to come into the portal. This game rewards you not for having a big roster of medium powered heroes but for having a core of I'd say 7-10 well runed, FA, epic-ed (if they have it) guys. My base PvP revolves around Shade, GT/Koros/Grog/Leo + Solaris. I'll use SB for "2 dark hero" quests, and on D it's Shade, Grog, GT, Sol. Until they nerf Shade and Solaris, those 2 should be at the top of your priority list, then GT, then Grog, then Koros (he's just a freak damage dealer and can help with a lot of PvE bosses as you're trying to 3* dungeons, etc.)
  • darrendarren Member
    edited February 2
    At level 40ish, you normally have some good heroes and a bunch of lousy ones. What you do is to bait the opponent into wasting all their power.
    Enter each level with your lousiest heroes that you never use. Try to use elemental to your advantage. Let the enemy heroes waste their AOW, spells, possession, and kill your lousy heroes. Then reenter the level with your "real" good heroes..
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Cleaned things up. Be mature.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • danacdanac Member
    Joel wrote: »

which explains why I got two notifications for posts that no longer exist.
    One from bvs.
    I had to reread my post to figure out the joke they made from it.

Silly me for making it so easy for them. I should have made it harder.

xandrew29 wrote: »

Lily (who should be your last priority, as she needs to be runed a specific way and is only for PvP)

nah. While you can blast through levels nowadays with Kobal or beasts, put Lilly on a green team and it can destroy virtually any level, because by the end they're all insanely powerful plants.
  • wzangwzang Member
    Don't worry about cash purchases. FTP and you too can have a 4K roster power team at level 52 too. Take some of the advice, play small and concentrate into those heroes and use your event tickets on evos and make your celestials. Tokens will come eventually. Save your heroic summons and wait for a core hero
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • Hey guys. I started playing this game around 2016 ish. I then decided to take a break and started again late 2017. I am well aware of the slow leveling approach etc. I'm just adjusting to the new changes around here. Also, need some advice, should i focus on stars and then ascensions, both at the same time, or just ascending. (I can easily get most heroes up to four stars if needed, while ascending will take a bit more grinding but its okay.

Thanks
  • wzangwzang Member
    edited February 3
    Ascend and runes. Here is all FTP screenshots of heroes. This roster is concentrated only on 10 heroes
    5l9faoro3ymm.png
    > starsfp8e5q3w29jt.png
    c6advt4iqrkk.png
    sj73jl3wl4pi.png
    3rvjchxb2zs5.png
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • Wow. May i ask how you runed shade, zomm, solaris and grog?
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    edited February 3

@Monkeynuts, I warned you about the inappropriate comment of @danac for the forum, but you couldn’t behave.
  • bvs72 wrote: »

@Monkeynuts, I warned you about the inappropriate comment of @danac for the forum, but you couldn’t behave.

I don't know what the issue was. My post was definitely rated mature.
    t5nv93gljti8.png
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    5bnaj57ccqgb.jpeg
  • I've been playing every day for about two years. I was able to complete the tower every day only after I hit level 65, in the days before runes existed. Then they added runes but for players only, and the tower got really easy to the point that many layers, myself included (eventually), could just autorun every floor with the same team.

That was bit too easy, so they added runes to the defenders. That leveled the playing field. I don't autorun anymore.

I've never failed to clear the tower since the first day I did it, runes or no runes. In the early days of clearing the tower I still had to use characters like Phemus, Phenol and Stonefist to absorb the big hits, but pretty soon I didn't bother.

Most days now just use the same four heroes in the same order, Shade, Shadowblade, Dagrund and Zomm, to clear the entire tower. Very occasionally I lose someone like Shade and have substitute or use my B team, Hopper, Grog, Solaris and Leo.

If things really go badly I use my C team, Yasmin, Igorok, Stonefist + 1, usually Grog-Gnog if he's still alive, to finish up.

This isn't a game you should expect to be able to master in a few weeks or months. Anyone under level 65 is really still a beginner. You may not be able to complete the tower or various events, but you can still build and strengthen your roster every day. Levels, ascensions, stars, epics, runes. There's a lot to do.
  • If you can’t beat em.. join em?
    nzvcnw0e2k2o.jpg

• FxdedFxded Member
    NemoBait wrote: »

NemoBait.

As someone whos been playing for 5 months as an ftp it took me a long time to even complete a tower and get to where i am today with a good hero line-up