Newfangled rune ranking

Hi!
I just made a bunch of ancient sources cores etc... and am wondering if there is a consensus sense of the value ranking of them generally. Like I heard red and purple are not as good as blue and yellow. If it helps my go to team is the zomm undead team.
Thanks!

Comments

• Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited February 3
    Red and purple are pretty bad. Their “touch” effect only triggers on a basic attack, which makes it very situational. Most would rather have the 4th stat of a champion/duelist rune. That said, the red and purple do have a higher max stat value than other runes, so you can eek a few extra points in attack by using then for instance.

The blue and yellow runes are definitely worthwhile. Particularly in the tank-heavy pvp world right now, they offer both max stat defense/health slots and very useful 4th stats. If you are new to ultra runes and/or trying to break into high end pvp, you’d be well served by having a couple of each.
  • Thanks a ton! I will go blue!
  • darrendarren Member
    edited February 4
    Yellow rune --> increased defense right at the beginning. Comes in handy when dealing with FAST heroes or those with SLOW (Grog, Bovus). Best when used with low HP, non-tank heroes.

Blue rune --> health regeneration at the end of round. It can be useful to recover some HP; however, it will be pointless if your hero dies before end of round. IMO, best suited for tank heroes that have good amount of DR.

Red and Purple --> as mentioned by others, 4th effect only happen with basic attacks. You normally don't use basic attack in the first 1 or 2 rounds in PvP. Earlier, these 2 runes doesn't seem to work. Not sure if this has been fixed.

I have all 4 runes. I still like the yellow rune the best.
  • The problem with both the yellow and blue runes is that the effect is a temporary buff. Many enemy heroes can remove or worse steal those buffs. Thus they provide at best an unreliable and temporary boost for two rounds.

The burning and disease touch effects can't be removed, and are going to come into play in longer battles or in the tower when you've used your specials.

Of course any of these effects are more useful than the 4th stat of damage penetration vs Elf, which I got once crafing a Blue Superior Bulwark Rune, for crying out loud.
  • Lol that does suck
  • The touch “buff” can’t be removed, but on the very rare occasion that the effect actually gets applied, it is not going to last. Look at how stacked things are against that burn or disease touch:

Only applies on basic attack, meaning you’re already well into a match before it becomes of any use at all. Shade bypasses it through shroud, epic, link, or possess. Zomm is immune to disease. Ferno and Solaris are immune to fire. Your own Solaris is likely to have burned already anyway. Solaris heal removes the debuff. Anyone dying and then coming back via solaris gets the debuff removed. Healing is so low that disease cutting into it really doesn’t matter at all. And on and on. I’d much rather have those temporary buffs and max def stats on the yellow and blue.
  • I went with blue. Really enjoying the cleansing regen in tower on zomm
  • Barleyman wrote: »
    The problem with both the yellow and blue runes is that the effect is a temporary buff. Many enemy heroes can remove or worse steal those buffs. Thus they provide at best an unreliable and temporary boost for two rounds.

The burning and disease touch effects can't be removed, and are going to come into play in longer battles or in the tower when you've used your specials.

Of course any of these effects are more useful than the 4th stat of damage penetration vs Elf, which I got once crafing a Blue Superior Bulwark Rune, for crying out loud.

Hi Barlwyman
    Very good point. Kinda agree with your comment that the yellow and blue buffs can be stolen.