No more partial daily crowns collecting ?!?!?!?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yRxtQlJlwz2_0DLDXbo3d5oDLUvZAYYenoUyu_q00BE/edit

So reading through the newest summit log (see above link) it looks like DB will be removing the individual daily crown quests and instead be rolling them all together into 1 daily quest to get your 35 daily crowns.

How many guild members are going to be booted out of their guild now because of this upcoming change?

Casual Guild Players - The benefit of the individual daily crown quests is that the player can pick and choose what quests to do and how many crowns to get. If you missed or didn't get around to 1 or 2 on a single day it was no big deal, you could still get enough crowns to meet the weekly minimum needed.

Does anyone else like me think this is complete BS change !?!?!?!?

Bad move @xtmn8r please do not do this!!!

-My 2c

Comments

• sirolk99 wrote: »
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yRxtQlJlwz2_0DLDXbo3d5oDLUvZAYYenoUyu_q00BE/edit

So reading through the newest summit log (see above link) it looks like DB will be removing the individual daily crown quests and instead be rolling them all together into 1 daily quest to get your 35 daily crowns.

How many guild members are going to be booted out of their guild now because of this upcoming change?

Casual Guild Players - The benefit of the individual daily crown quests is that the player can pick and choose what quests to do and how many crowns to get. If you missed or didn't get around to 1 or 2 on a single day it was no big deal, you could still get enough crowns to meet the weekly minimum needed.

Does anyone else like me think this is complete BS change !?!?!?!?

Bad move @xtmn8r please do not do this!!!

-My 2c

You should know by now that every change that DB makes is bad for the player.
  • I guess if I want to look on the bright side, as a casual gamer, I can do 4 days of full quests for 35 crowns/day to meet my 140 crown guild minimum.

And then I won't have to do any for 3 days...
  • Really not happy about the changes to the crown quests. Requiring that you complete ALL the quests in order to receive ANY crowns AND requiring that you spend 75-100 stamina a day and 4 Raid tickets seriously eats into the ability to horde resources. Couple this with the new Dungeon Boss desire to make everything a quickloot battle, means these changes together will force people into purchasing more and more stamina.
  • ...means these changes together will force people into purchasing more and more stamina.
    That's probably the idea :/
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited February 5
    ...will force people into purchasing more and more stamina.

or force them to just stop playing.

If it were to turn out, hypothetically, that I was required to buy stamina to get crowns, I would simply not get crowns. If the rest of the game became like that, I'd find my entertainment elsewhere and leave DB for the people who have the deep desire and pockets to constantly fork over cash.

If I want to play a monthly subscription game, and mind you I am very reluctant to do so, I would prefer to play a game that charges me once, and the entire game and features are available for that one price.

The idea that it would cost me 75 stamina and 4 raid tickets to get my daily crowns would sure be a turnoff for me. (Mind you I have no idea if this is true...I will go read through the summit though to find out...)

• I'm not optimistic about the proposed changes.

it's hard enough to get everyone to get their crowns every week. This further goes to highlight the tonedeaf position of the devs to anyone not at the absolute end game.

maybe i'm getting ahead of myself though. maybe the quickloot will drop my current ~15 minutes in game on my main, down to something closer to 10 min?

It's like the game is actively weaning me off the game for the upcoming time to wave good bye.

as is, I have more fun on my baby lvl 35 account, not just because it's easier, but because the pvp isn't up against the same team over and over and over and over again.
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • danacdanac Member
    sirtainly wrote: »

The idea that it would cost me 75 stamina and 4 raid tickets to get my daily crowns would sure be a turnoff for me. (Mind you I have no idea if this is true...I will go read through the summit though to find out...)

You get 170 a day free from the tower.

But yes, requiring completion of 10 quests to get daily crowns is a very bad idea.
  • WasiWasi Member
    170? I thought it was like half of that.
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • Wasi wrote: »
    170? I thought it was like half of that.

70 for total tower completion, plus 100 from 2x 50 stam purchases using pwn cups.
  • WasiWasi Member
    edited February 6
    ahh yes :)

gotta spend your 300,000 cups on something (not quick loot keys it seems)
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • danac wrote: »

You get 170 a day free from the tower.

But yes, requiring completion of 10 quests to get daily crowns is a very bad idea.

Yes, I am aware, and another 50 from aether for those with the aether shop, but I had hoped to be able to bank some stam so I have at least a small chance of placing 100th in one of these events so I could eek out one of the prizes, and not being able to save up stam because I would lose a bunch more to daily crown quests would work against me.

I wonder if we could convince DB to increase the aether shop stam purchases from 25 to 50 as well?
  • danacdanac Member

Yes, I am aware, and another 50 from aether for those with the aether shop, but I had hoped to be able to bank some stam so I have at least a small chance of placing 100th in one of these events so I could eek out one of the prizes, and not being able to save up stam because I would lose a bunch more to daily crown quests would work against me.

I wonder if we could convince DB to increase the aether shop stam purchases from 25 to 50 as well?

I wish. I feel you for banking stamina too, but you'll still be able to bank about 100+ instead of 170. plus any aether stamina you buy.

I realize some people can spend 5?- 0? stamina and complete their daily quests now, I spend 60 myself because I do the Challenge dungeon quests and run some gold and evo islands. I expect the new quests will let me absorb that, I might not wind up spending any more.

But that's just stamina farming strategy, which is not the main issue. Having to do all quests to get any crowns might affect me too, since my internet service is often spotty and there could be days when I can't complete everything. before I'd simply prioritize crowns first.

• I didn't say it was a game breaker, just that it was a disappointment for me. Yes, its about stamina farming. I finally get to a point in the game where I feel I can effectively do it and I see a change to make it harder at a time when I might have a chance to takr part in some of the highest prizes, and that annoys me. (It may well be that those prizes are still out of reach anyway. ;)

Remember, this is all artificially created rarity at the whim of the game designers. And, this is only one aspect of the game. If the entire game contained many shifts of this type trying substantially harder to get us to pay $ to proceed, I would prefer it just went to a monthly subscription.

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    My take on it is that this won't affect the whales and top players, while crushing anyone below that level. Which seems to have been the trend with changes lately. I guess it's no surprise, really.
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited February 9
    Looking forward to seeing the now-typical transparent spin attempt.

“We felt that partial crown completion led to too many confusing reward tiers for people. The rewards will now focus on one currency to simplify for everyone. We have removed summons, stamina, and raid tickets from the rewards, but substantially increased the gold payout. Since gold is not as desirable, we feel this will allow players the flexibility to occasionally miss out on maxing crowns without the rest of their guild being overly hurt by it.”
  • I have to agree that the removal of partial crown collecting will have an immediate adverse impact on the player base. Taking myself as an example, I have always fully crowned for my guilds on every account, every week, without fail, for the past year. However, I work 7 days a week, and come Saturday and Sunday, I will often simply pick up the two super easy 20 crowns for 225 then 240 crown totals respectively, as I am sometimes under severe time restraints on those two days. Having that 35 crown buffer is critical - that buffer is what kept me at 210 on my accounts in the week following Hurricane Irma.

Now with a rollup quest, I would need to complete it all 7 days for that buffer, or even 6 days for the basic 210.

And I know dozens of my own guildmates who would be similarly negatively affected.

Unless you also plan in dropping the minimum crown total to 175 crowns...
  • I just started a new guild unaware of these pending changes. I may have to give it up after having it less than a month if I expect to see any guild rewards at all. It's tough to find capable and reliable players to join a new guild.
    FU DB

Not to mention they stripped my player name and have been non-responsive to multiple emails to change it back...

I feel a new main game coming for me
  • this will likely be the final nail on the coffin for me.

I've been spending 120 minutes a week (20 minutes a day) on my main account, completely skipping the warrior's event, purely to get the crowns, and then probably another 200 minutes on the baby account because it's marginally more interesting.

I don't expect the changes to make a positive impact on my willingness to get back into the game.
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • Not to mention adding exp points to the the Guild challenges, several members of my guild are trying, purposely, to not level up so fast as to insure that all of their heroes have some sort of equality, if not simply being on the same level with one another. I understand it doesn't necessarily affect myself, because I'm level 70, but because it means I will have a bunch of members not be able to maintain equality in PvP challenges, thus not wanting to complete challenges that force them to level up, it in fact does affect me directly. My guild has been active in the top 100 over a year plus now, but it may be time to dismantle and find a more enjoyable game that has more balance for players, not just a cash seeker.
    Things that are good for business usually aren't good for the majority of people. That's just how this world works, I guess...
    I also noticed that the usual 'Complete 10 Challenge Mode dungeons' has been bumped up to complete 20, but now you can quick loot them too. I mean, not like anyone actually does that quest, but whatever.

Maybe bump the Leo token reward up to 3 to compensate.
  • Umm it was complete "3" challenge dungeons. Is it 20 now?!?!?!
    sirolk99 wrote: »
    Umm it was complete "3" challenge dungeons. Is it 20 now?!?!?!

Yeah yeah I just realized it wasn't 10, it was 3. This is even worse now.
  • This 20 dungeon [email protected] needs to go back to 5 or less. 100 stamina when 89 is the max for lvl 70. Yes it refills. But for lots of casual players they use that 89 and then done for the day.

Really frakken stupid decision on DB part.

>:(
  • Make sure to tag all the devs in your posts about the crowns!
    @Joel @Eej @xtmn8r @Victoria @Greg @Joveth @AshleyD
  • just one more quest to complete for the 35 crowns, oh look. 20 freaking challenge dungeons.... i already have key issues. want me to manual do them?
    That's an hour of game play!!!!
  • All players- if this change hurts you, please leave a comment here and with the other discussions on this topic. Make your voice heard because this change damages many players.
  • Yes, please make your voices heard! This is the most ridiculous change they've ever made. This hurts players and guilds. Too much time, too many resources, no flexibility. I'm sure there's more!