Patch Notes: February 6th, 2018

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
On today's menu:
  • Made two changes to the healing formula. Change 1 buffs healing for heroes at lower levels, as they were hit even harder than higher level heroes by the initial changes. Change 2 increases AOE healing at all levels. This will not be visible on ability descriptions, but will be noticeable in battle. *These are not necessarily the last improvements we will make to healing.*
  • Added a Corrupted Heart to the aether shop.
  • Changed the stamina purchase in the aether shop to be 100 stamina for 1,500 aether. This is the same rate of aether to stamina as the old purchase, but allows players to get more stamina per day.
  • Fixed loot key purchases so they aren't disabled when you have over 999 keys.
  • Shield piercing attacks (Kira's Vibrating Palm and Kobal's Arcane Bolt) now go through Shade's Shroud.
  • Armor piercing attacks (such as Hansuke's Iaijutsu Strike) now go through Goretusk's Mammoth Guard.
  • Different types of regeneration effects no longer get combined (see this thread)
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:
«13

Comments

  • shiggity80shiggity80 Member
    edited February 6
    Thanks for the notes! Overall good changes!

    Edit: Not seeing the updated aether shop yet (as of 4:54pm CST). Not a big deal as I'm sure it'll get updated soon.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    I posted these notes just a bit early. The changes should be going in any minute now. :)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • WasiWasi Member
    Thanks @Joel some good changes here :)
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • Umm where’s the corrupted heart????? I don’t see it in the aether shop @Joel
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    Corrupted hearts are not showing in Aether shop after update.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    You might not see the Corrupted Heart until the shop refreshes at midnight, but it will be there!
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • ATORATOR Member
    Having a hard time understanding the equivalent of 50 stamina for 700 aether = 100 stamina for the 1500 aether ???
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    It was 50 stamina for 750 aether. The conversion rate is the same.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • But not as easily purchased by players who are building aether; it’s ok though. At least it’s not a decrease in payout. TY.
  • Benoo7Benoo7 Member
    edited February 7
    Good for older players not new ones
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited February 7
    Thanks for the many positive changes, and for the patch notes.

    (especially the healing adjustment and the amount of stamina available for aether.)
  • Benoo7 wrote: »
    @joel it was 50 stamina for 375 aether...
    No. It was 25 stamina for 375.
  • appleapple Member
    It’s because an aether hero is coming
  • ATORATOR Member
    My apologies, got mixed up again
  • appleapple Member
    Love it dumgeon boss. Make goretusk readily available to milk gems and then nerf his defense team boost. I know you’ll say this was just an intended error correction, but the timing of the portal is just cheese on the rice.
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited February 7
    I hate it when developers fix bugs that affect the relative power level of other heroes.

    Massive conspiracy money grubbing do badders.

    FIRST they start adding new heroes with passives that makes some heroes stronger and others weaker. COMPLETELY unacceptable.

    THEN they add runes which helps certain heroes WAY more than others. FURNACE RED ANYONE HE'S A TANK

    MORE they add epics but only to certain heroes so that only those heroes become way stronger!! SHADE

    AND NOW BUG FIXES THAT AFFECT OTHER HEROES

    Where does it end? I think I'm finally throwing in the towel. It needs it's weekly washing so I can throw it in again next week.
  • Like getting stamina in aether shop everyday. That’s Gona change tho not sure if willing to spend 1500 aether a day. Should’ve kept it the way it was but let us purchase more of them
  • Funny how you say your trying to make the game better but adding a all or nothing stamina purchase in aether shop? lol keep it as 25 but let us purchase how many we want up to 100.
  • WasiWasi Member
    Agree... why not just have 25 stamina for 375 with a limit of 4?

    If they were going to bundle, I wish it was 100 great summons for 1 million and insta payout
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • You’re missing the point. If they just allowed more purchases of the same 25 stamina, no one has any reason to spend more Aether than they do now. I.e the occasional one time stamina purchase to get just a few more stamina for a quest or event. Now, to get that same few stamina, you have to spend way more Aether. Drains our resources faster while allowing them to claim they are doing it for us, even though all it does is hurt us. Same dissembling they did in pvp rewards revamp. “We smoothed our the reward tiers to help you out! (Just ignore that you get fewer gems and honor now.)
  • apple wrote: »
    It’s because an aether hero is coming

    Don't hold your breath, read the latest summit log , people asked avoit aether hero, same let down replies.
  • I really don't get why people are crying over the stamina change. For the most part, everyone is in one of 3 camps.

    1. You buy stamina every day with aether. Now, you have the option to buy more. If you need exactly 25 or 50 stamina for some reason I can't begin to fathom, then I guess you're boned.
    2. You never buy stamina with aether. Now, you still never buy stamina with aether.
    3. You occasionally buy stamina with aether when there is an event that you want an extra burst of stamina for. Now you can get a bigger burst for more. Again, if you need exactly 25 or 50 stamina for some reason I can't begin to fathom, then I guess you're boned.

    No matter what, you either benefit, you aren't affected, or you somehow don't fall into one of the above categories.
  • Joel wrote: »
    On today's menu:
    • Shield piercing attacks (Kira's Vibrating Palm and Kobal's Arcane Bolt) now go through Shade's Shroud.
    • Armor piercing attacks (such as Hansuke's Iaijutsu Strike) now go through Goretusk's Mammoth Guard.

    I was super excited by these changes as it should have created new opportunities in PvP. I tested using Shadowblade's armor piercing "From the Shadows" on a Haunted GT and barely made a dent. Then I tested Kobal's Arcane Bolts against shrouded enemies and his damage is not on par with the current end game so he couldn't kill anyone. Was a nice distraction, but I'll stick with Daeris and Brom.

    While these changes are great in theory ... I recommend you actually test them before implementing them.

    P.S. Thanks for costing me 5 million gold in unequipping costs.
  • Joel wrote: »
    On today's menu:
    • Shield piercing attacks (Kira's Vibrating Palm and Kobal's Arcane Bolt) now go through Shade's Shroud.
    • Armor piercing attacks (such as Hansuke's Iaijutsu Strike) now go through Goretusk's Mammoth Guard.

    I was super excited by these changes as it should have created new opportunities in PvP. I tested using Shadowblade's armor piercing "From the Shadows" on a Haunted GT and barely made a dent. Then I tested Kobal's Arcane Bolts against shrouded enemies and his damage is not on par with the current end game so he couldn't kill anyone. Was a nice distraction, but I'll stick with Daeris and Brom.

    While these changes are great in theory ... I recommend you actually test them before implementing them.

    P.S. Thanks for costing me 5 million gold in unequipping costs.

    But with all this extra gold from our dungeon chest, you'll recoup that in no time!
  • danacdanac Member
    Asarae wrote: »
    I really don't get why people are crying over the stamina change. For the most part, everyone is in one of 3 camps.

    1. You buy stamina every day with aether. Now, you have the option to buy more. If you need exactly 25 or 50 stamina for some reason I can't begin to fathom, then I guess you're boned.
    2. You never buy stamina with aether. Now, you still never buy stamina with aether.
    3. You occasionally buy stamina with aether when there is an event that you want an extra burst of stamina for. Now you can get a bigger burst for more. Again, if you need exactly 25 or 50 stamina for some reason I can't begin to fathom, then I guess you're boned.

    No matter what, you either benefit, you aren't affected, or you somehow don't fall into one of the above categories.

    so, just because they screwed us over in general, but most people won't actually be screwed over, we shouldn't complain about the general screwing over?
  • @Joel you said, “Armor piercing attacks (such as Hansuke's Iaijutsu Strike) now go through Goretusk's Mammoth Guard.” Is there a difference between ‘Armor piercing’ and ‘armor ignoring’? I just went through the attack tool tips for every hero. Hansuke is the only one with an ‘armor piercing’ attack. I don’t feel like spending the gold and gems to test things until I know for sure. Thanks
  • This changes would be good if you also increase the stamina regen cap by 100 @Joel
    Jr. Complainer @ Society of Bosses
«13
Sign In or Register to comment.

© 2015 Big Fish Games. Inc., Big Fish, the Big Fish logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Big Fish Games, Inc., used with permission www.bigfishgames.com