Elite Runes - See Special Bonus for VIPs with a Sunday deadline

xtmn8rxtmn8r Member, Moderator, Boss Fight
Hey all,

We will be rolling out the next Tier of Runes next week known as Elite Runes. Elite Runes are intended for players level 70 and above. Although not a hard line that level 70 is required, it will be extremely difficult for anyone under level 70 to obtain/craft them. Here is a little info on some crafting changes, general info on crafting requirements, how to obtain some of the new crafting materials and a special bonus to all our Level 70 VIP 10 players.

Binders/Shards: We created a new up crafting mechanic. Think Evo upcrafting. Improved Shards to get 1 Greater Shard etc. Same for Binders but 5 for each step.

We are starting with a limited number of Elite Rune types to start with. Additional versions will roll out at a later date.

Elite Runes will require the following materials to be crafted:
  • 5 Elite Shards
  • 1 Elite Binder
  • 7 Totems
  • 5 Magic Tomes (Acquired via events or converting (salvaging) Legendary Superior Runes)
  • 3 Elemental Force (requires 3 of each spirit to craft 1 EF)
Converting Legendary Superior Runes for Magic tomes (level 70 players only): For simplicity, we’ve added a quest that will grant you 1 Magic Tome for every Legendary Superior rune salvaged. This allows you to get the Magic Tome plus get your normal binder/shards for salvaging tunes.

All Level 70 players who are VIP 1 or higher as of 11:59pm CDT Sunday Feb 11, 2018 will receive a special gift:
  • VIP 1-4 will get 5 Magic Tome
  • VIP 5-9 will get 10 Magic Tomes
  • VIP 10 will get 25 Magic Tomes

Magic Tomes will be sent to all qualified players on Tuesday

New PvE content will be released around late March. Players will be able to obtain Magic Tomes and various other crafting materials through the new content

The Seasons Boss Leaderboard will eventually be changed such that the minimum requirement will be player level 70.

Comments

• MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited February 9
    Can we get some more details on these runes?

How much stronger are they than Superior?
    What is the variance of stats upon creation?
    What is the gem cost to tune to full?
    Is there a guaranteed superior legendary option at the end?

The variance for superiors is already incredibly high. If it's even higher for these it could take an already frustrating process and make it worse.
  • @MattCauthron agreed. And will pvp continue to get up superiors for boss 100, or move up to elites? Will low range elites be worse than the max superiors we already have from pvp, or better?
  • 100 pyre embers required for each rune crafted seems quite limiting. How about increasing the material cap?
  • RikRik Member
    I'm level 68. But VIP7. It's unfair that I will miss out on a reward just because I'm 2 levels lower. I have still supported this game with my own money to reach VIP 7.
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited February 9
    Rik wrote: »
    I'm level 68. But VIP7. It's unfair that I will miss out on a reward just because I'm 2 levels lower. I have still supported this game with my own money to reach VIP 7.

You can hit 70s pretty easily with just a few stamina purchases which I might recommend at this point. Though I agree maybe it should have been level 65+ it's hard to draw that "line". They obviously didn't want Lvl30 VIP 10s terrorizing new players with elite runes.
  • Will there be an Elite crafting option for Ultra runes?
  • how do you tell if your superior rune is legendary ? thanks
  • VictoriaVictoria Member, Administrator, Moderator, Big Fish
    @denabug It will have the full silver border with the red gem at the top, like the image below. It will also say "legendary" under the rune type next to the Hero power.

5cfb86mbiikk.png
    CYts0MKWcAMS4nB.png
  • thanks but still a little confused. I see the full border & red gem but I need to unequip the rune to see the word legendary next to the hero power. Does it need to have the full border/red gem AND the word legendary ? or are all superiors with a full border/red gem considered legendary
  • If it has the “square” behind the rune, yes, it’s legendary.
  • I'm still working on Lesser runes.
  • xtmn8r wrote: »
    Hey all,

The Seasons Boss Leaderboard will eventually be changed such that the minimum requirement will be player level 70.

Why is it being changed to be level 70? What was wrong with the previous level 65, as there were barely any level 65 players in the Boss 100 to begin with? Is this because you are changing it so that the Boss 100 league will now give out Elite Rune, and you want to keep Elite Runes for the level 70 players?
  • Doage wrote: »
    xtmn8r wrote: »
    Hey all,

Why is it being changed to be level 70? What was wrong with the previous level 65, as there were barely any level 65 players in the Boss 100 to begin with? Is this because you are changing it so that the Boss 100 league will now give out Elite Rune, and you want to keep Elite Runes for the level 70 players?

Maybe it has something to do with the planned increase level cap.
  • I urge the devs to consider making the VIP "bonus" tomes a standing award for all players hitting Level 70 starting on the following Monday and onward. This addresses both those currently just out of reach of level 70 before the deadline, as well as giving future new Level 70 accounts a small leg up.
  • Man, you are really sticking it to the L68/69s. SO CLOSE to getting free stuff, but SO LITTLE NOTICE to do anything about it. With an "unknown resource" Guild Event in 5 days...

I'm L68/VIP5. So 10 Magic Tomes (2 Elite Runes) are currently out of reach. Getting to L70 by Sunday IS achievable, but will require 12,700XP. Quicklooting BM Dungeons will require 1,270 QLs, for which I have the keys. And 6,400 Stamina (of which I've banked 3,500 since the Quickloot Games).

We don't know, yet, if this week's event will require Stamina, or an event-specific currency like Courage.

So I'm really stuck.

So I have to pass on the Magic Tomes for now. I'm hoping that you increase the Level Cap to L80 right quick, so that the long-time L70s can hurry up and get the heck away from me in PvP again (to L75+) so that I can work on preparing for an onslaught of PvP Attackers with Elite Runes kicking my **** and stealing my Dungeon Loot.

Thankfully, I Know What Hammers Do...

• Why stall at 68? Just means you're within reach of the 70s but have a definite disadvantage vs them. Once you hit 65 there is zero reason not to go to 70 immediately.
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    Why stall at 68? Just means you're within reach of the 70s but have a definite disadvantage vs them. Once you hit 65 there is zero reason not to go to 70 immediately.

Once you hit level 2 there is zero reason not to go to 70 immediately.
  • itirnitiiitirnitii Member
    edited February 11
    I would linger at level 69 for at least a while just to indulge your inner 12 year old.
    Post edited by itirnitii on
  • There are so many good one-liners that would fit this thread...I can't decide which to use.

I'm looking forward to the new runes, although its gonna be awhile before I can do more than the initial gift will allow me...
  • Confirmed via irresponsibly sourced rumor - tuning elite runes will cost 7500 gems each.
  • Would request dungeon boss to make it such that players of vip lvl will receive their corresponding magic tomes when they reach lvl 70 and so there no need to rush to lvl 70 for players above 65 and below 70
  • Good luck! ;)
  • Fredios2 wrote: »
    Would request dungeon boss to make it such that players of vip lvl will receive their corresponding magic tomes when they reach lvl 70 and so there no need to rush to lvl 70 for players above 65 and below 70

I disagree. The new Magic Tomes will be given as a gift, it is not that of a quest item. "Reach Level 60 and receive X Item." No. it is a gift for those already at level 70. It is not a gift for everyone who reaches level 70. Major difference.
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    Why stall at 68? Just means you're within reach of the 70s but have a definite disadvantage vs them. Once you hit 65 there is zero reason not to go to 70 immediately.

I'm not stalling; I'm in the same boat as @Flyte . Level 68, VIP 2 (though would definitely be encouraged to get to VIP5 for this event), but the EXP requirement to get to level 70 is an INTENSE investment of keys/stamina right before a GG. I've done as many daily quests as possible, grabbed all the EXP I could and I'm still a few hundred short of level 69, let alone 70.

My guild needs us to have at least 2500 stamina for this event, preferably over 3,000. Am I going to burn 3000 for a shot at 1 rune?

Yet again, DB drops a major change with minimal notice. If we knew March 1 was the deadline, those of us close to 70 could have pushed. But a few days? Yep, we gone.

Now, instead of being just a few superior runes away from B100 competition, a huge chunk of the top players just got a mega boost to their teams, putting them further out of reach. So frustrating.
  • You shouldn't need that much stamina at all for the next event. It is guaranteed NOT to be a grind fest, as the dungeon we run will get progressively harder and you'll eventually be unable to use your best heroes as they won't be around if they don't survive the dungeon.
  • Also, I have a feeling there will be plenty of ways to collect the Magic Tomes given a little time. They just wanted to give us all a little something to encourage our experimentation to start.
  • Fredios2 wrote: »
    Would request dungeon boss to make it such that players of vip lvl will receive their corresponding magic tomes when they reach lvl 70 and so there no need to rush to lvl 70 for players above 65 and below 70

I disagree. The new Magic Tomes will be given as a gift, it is not that of a quest item. "Reach Level 60 and receive X Item." No. it is a gift for those already at level 70. It is not a gift for everyone who reaches level 70. Major difference.

That's what I mean to ask db to change, regarding these magical tomes.
    and honour all players of vip status from 65-69 lvl for supporting this game .
  • You know, I could see them adding it as a campaign quest — reach level 70, get magic tomes. Why not?
  • wait what day is today?