Lunar New Year Event: Escalating Dungeons, Moonlight Buffs, and Feral Skins!

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    Bloth wrote: »
    This All Constructs quest may be bit too much

Agreed, though I beat it with Alex, Bauble, Furnace, and SF. All were runed pretty well using a combo of greater and superior defensive type runes (Furnace had more attack runes though). Make sure you do it on your 1-3 runs only, anything beyond that and the mobs might be too strong.

Brought 1 energy and 2 revive pots. Used them all, early too.

Took a long time.

You beat it with those guys? I was using a different team myself, but still managed.
  • My Alex, Bauble, Furnace, and SF was wiped room 1, my bauble wiped by a wolf 1st attack.......so much fun
  • Keeping heroes dead between attempts doesn't add anything to this event. As a high runed player I repeat the dungeon du jour with the beast team until 10-15 wins then after one wipe the dungeon becomes unbeatable with any team. If heroes were reusable I could maybe go one or two levels higher but only with multiple attempts so not much difference. If you reuse this escalation thing, don't bother keeping heroes dead.
  • shiggity80shiggity80 Member
    edited February 17
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    Bloth wrote: »
    This All Constructs quest may be bit too much

Agreed, though I beat it with Alex, Bauble, Furnace, and SF. All were runed pretty well using a combo of greater and superior defensive type runes (Furnace had more attack runes though). Make sure you do it on your 1-3 runs only, anything beyond that and the mobs might be too strong.

Brought 1 energy and 2 revive pots. Used them all, early too.

Took a long time.

You beat it with those guys? I was using a different team myself, but still managed.

I’m curious who you used as there aren’t that many constructs.

Edit: just realized there are only 4 construct heroes. You must have been joking with me then and I just missed it haha
    Post edited by shiggity80 on
  • This dungeon is the best thing ive played in mobile game so far.

I forgive you almost everything Boss Fight for that experience !

I'm sorry that i cannot play it more couse of your event policy. Such a waste.

Thanks anyways !
  • lythstihllythstihl Member
    edited February 17
    This event is all about making money, it's not about the players. If the same payout goes through the whole event (about 30,000 per day per person max) then if all 50 memebers of a guild get that 30,0000 x 4 day is 120,000 points times 50 is exactly 6 million. Since for most guilds not all 50 can or will be able to do that most guilds won't even get the second highest reward which is set at 6 million. In prior similar events you could quadruple the payout from dungeons by spending gems and it was worth doing. This time you can't do that the only way to get more points is to spend real money for more courage and gems for resetting if too many heroes die or the difficulty goes too high. Not even close to fun, not even close to something with the interest of the players at heart. The increasing difficulty concept was a good one but the requirement for money and gems to be spent is an insult. Even if I wanted to spend since no one in my guild is spending there wouldn't be a point to do it.
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
    I can no longer stand the direction of this game nor the insulting way issues are dealt with
  • Un-healable damage? Really? Without being able to have heroes return from the dead between rounds, that is just extreme. Not even sporting.
  • Still problems with healed toons carrying over, I just did the ice dungeon, used solaris’ rez bring back the team on the last room, grog and goretusk come back, gore tanks the hit, grog finished the boss off. I check grog health he is 20% health, WTH when Solaris does the rez thing all dead come back with full health. Why does my grog only have 20% health?
  • reznik2reznik2 Member
    edited February 18
    The perma dead thing sucks, if you are going to retreat you should be able to keep your toons alive, you are already loosing courage in addition to other penalties. So if you have a bad run with a specific toon you are SOL.
    Post edited by reznik2 on
  • Perma dead truly sucks when you 3-star a dungeon (no revives used) and a character is no longer available in your roster.

So far, this event is a buggy sack of ****.
    KashHatton
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, i just did the event dungeon again after healing grog and finishing with 85% health I am back to 20%. This event is screwed up beyond recognition.
  • Yes, lots of our guild family members are reporting Solaris at full health at the end of the dungeon and then showing up dead when they go to replay. And similar problems - heroes ending the dungeon at full health and returning to the next one with partial health. I actually experienced that all day yesterday. But this is much worse today.
  • So far I think that this new event is about as much fun as pulling out my own teeth with pliars.
  • The most disappointing thing about the whole event is so many were excited for something new and cool. Different mechanics, different feel, fun and fair. We didn't get that. Again and again players tell them stop making events about spending money, they could make money in others ways but they keep upping costs on things people bought (like weekly gems) to the point where many won't buy them any more, they upped the cost on the Christmas event (which was already costly) and now they put this entire events payoff behind a paywall.
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
    I can no longer stand the direction of this game nor the insulting way issues are dealt with
  • My thoughts:

Good
    - I like the event style.

To be improved/ Suggestions
    - 1000 gem pack for courage is too expensive.
    - Use data from 75-100% of the population rather than a small select group when designing the difficulty of the dungeon. It appears that you are just designing difficulty based on player level. Not all level 70s have runes on >15 heroes in their roster and many have weak runes too.
    - Scale the dungeon difficulty better. Start from a lower level. Adjust based on both stars and runes and what-other-magic-multiplier-you-use (I observe that stars remain constant at 6* which is ridiculous).
  • This event is frustrating. The constant issues with EVERY event is even MORE frustrating. Seriously, what is going on over there ? Not being a smart **** here. Seriously want to know why EVERY event there is an issue.
  • Bloth wrote: »
    This event is frustrating. The constant issues with EVERY event is even MORE frustrating. Seriously, what is going on over there ? Not being a smart **** here. Seriously want to know why EVERY event there is an issue.

That one is pretty easy to answer. They have a very limited number of programmers and no real QA/QC policy.
  • lythstihllythstihl Member
    edited February 18
    Yup I just had the most awesome glitch in the event dungeon. Final board all of my heroes still alive down to just the marrow looking boss and my Derris took him out with a debilitating shot. She wasn't frost bitten, she was at full life, she had no debuffs on her and the marrow boss died and suddenly she was still standing but had an empty health bar and when I exited even though it showed her still alive and I 3 starred the level she was dead and gone when I wanted to go back in. This dungeon has been rediculous, block energy regeneration, block healing, multiple taunts with retaliate, multiple immunities, blue dungeon and the mobs get extra against nature. The devs need a serious education on the difference between challenging and oppressive.
  • xtmn8rxtmn8r Member, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Day 3 dungeon is obviously not working as intended.
    Day 4 was supposed to give players a new Dungeon PLUS access to Day 1-3 dungeons again to allow players to try again on dungeons they played previously.
    We see that Day 4 suffers form the same Health Reduction issue experienced in Day 3.
    So, we will run Day 4 & quests as intended for those who want to try it. However because we know it is quite difficult, we will also turn on Day 1-3 quests as well to allow players to achieve additional courage that way.
    NOTE: the quests are not really setup to run with multiple dungeons running so messaging is unclear which dungeons they are meant for. For example, the win with Jabber in the event dungeon will only be completed if it is done in the Day 1 dungeon.
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited February 18
    Problem is, no matter how bad these events are and how riddled with bugs they seem, the devs are continually rewarded for pushing them out the door unfinished and untested. Check the leaderboards. There are dozens to hundreds of people willing to spend many hundreds to even thousands of dollars in each of these cash grab events for nothing more than a worse-than-craftable rune and a couple days bragging rights. Lots of them do so while complaining about the quality. Which is totally within their rights. But as long as they continue to do that, we won’t see an improvement no matter how many complaint theads there are. It’s more profitable to churn the events out weekly in whatever state they happen to be in than perfect them before releasing. If all those people spending all that money are ever fed up enough to stop for a week, that’s when we’ll actually see changes.
  • Problem is, no matter how bad these events are and how riddled with bugs they seem, the devs are continually rewarded for pushing them out the door unfinished and untested. Check the leaderboards. There are dozens to hundreds of people willing to spend many hundreds to even thousands of dollars in each of these cash grab events for nothing more than a worse-than-craftable rune and a couple days bragging rights. Lots of them do so while complaining about the quality. Which is totally within their rights. But as long as they continue to do that, we won’t see an improvement no matter how many complaint theads there are. It’s more profitable to churn the events out weekly in whatever state they happen to be in than perfect them before releasing. If all those people spending all that money are ever fed up enough to stop for a week, that’s when we’ll actually see changes.

You are my hero and so very right.. pull ya heads in Big Fish.. need some new game directors in youre staff.. the ones you have are doing what many other platform games have.. made one game into a buggy confusion of rubbish.. bugs and un reachable goals.. im sure you guys must be experementing with drugs or something mind altering.. because you left reality behind..
  • xtmn8r wrote: »
    Day 3 dungeon is obviously not working as intended.
    Day 4 was supposed to give players a new Dungeon PLUS access to Day 1-3 dungeons again to allow players to try again on dungeons they played previously.
    We see that Day 4 suffers form the same Health Reduction issue experienced in Day 3.
    So, we will run Day 4 & quests as intended for those who want to try it. However because we know it is quite difficult, we will also turn on Day 1-3 quests as well to allow players to achieve additional courage that way.
    NOTE: the quests are not really setup to run with multiple dungeons running so messaging is unclear which dungeons they are meant for. For example, the win with Jabber in the event dungeon will only be completed if it is done in the Day 1 dungeon.

Another quality product for us.. really happy about needing to read threads to figure out why my game is crashing with multiple error codes.. quests not updating or logging.. non explanetary guides to events or dungeons blind leading the blind.. can you guys just fix the game and make it playable again.. you do know youre population is decreasing quiet rapidly dont you???
  • lythstihl wrote: »
    This event is all about making money, it's not about the players. If the same payout goes through the whole event (about 30,000 per day per person max) then if all 50 memebers of a guild get that 30,0000 x 4 day is 120,000 points times 50 is exactly 6 million. Since for most guilds not all 50 can or will be able to do that most guilds won't even get the second highest reward which is set at 6 million. In prior similar events you could quadruple the payout from dungeons by spending gems and it was worth doing. This time you can't do that the only way to get more points is to spend real money for more courage and gems for resetting if too many heroes die or the difficulty goes too high. Not even close to fun, not even close to something with the interest of the players at heart. The increasing difficulty concept was a good one but the requirement for money and gems to be spent is an insult. Even if I wanted to spend since no one in my guild is spending there wouldn't be a point to do it.

Down right selfishness and greed.. i wish we could get fhe population to not log in for a few weeks.. or move to a game that does respect its investing players and populatio in general.. nothing like a woman scorned..
  • Problem is, no matter how bad these events are and how riddled with bugs they seem, the devs are continually rewarded for pushing them out the door unfinished and untested. Check the leaderboards. There are dozens to hundreds of people willing to spend many hundreds to even thousands of dollars in each of these cash grab events for nothing more than a worse-than-craftable rune and a couple days bragging rights. Lots of them do so while complaining about the quality. Which is totally within their rights. But as long as they continue to do that, we won’t see an improvement no matter how many complaint theads there are. It’s more profitable to churn the events out weekly in whatever state they happen to be in than perfect them before releasing. If all those people spending all that money are ever fed up enough to stop for a week, that’s when we’ll actually see changes.

That's a good avatar/post combo.

• Any top guilds pushing for 10M? If not, this will be a DB first.
  • At least there was no indications of cheating by players in this event. All the cheating was done by BF by not testing the event before release. The honorable thing for BF would be to refund all expenditures on courage and on resets.
  • Potato Army is closing in on 10M guild points!!

I’m ‘rooting’ for you guys. Only 2.5M to go...