Crown changes

hudson1520hudson1520 Member
edited February 16 in General Discussion
All the problems with the new crown changes

1) doing crowns now takes 10-20 minutes a day, while old crowns took 3 minutes. It doesn’t help that a majority of your player base is adults with full time jobs , who may not have the time to sit down and do these crown missions .

2) no wiggle room - with the old crowns if you didn’t want to do a quest like say craft a red rune , you didn’t have to because there were 17 quests to choose from, leaving you to do the ones you want. With the new system , you are forced to do which ever ones show up, because there’s only 10 quests . Speaking of this ...

3) run 20 challenge dungeons . First of all , this quest requires 100 stamina , which you cannot achieve without purchasing from the pwn aether or general shop. Next , if you quickloot it takes 20 keys , which may I remind you is the amount of keys VIPs get a day so you basically just removed a perk, making vip even more useless. Finally , the quest is too specific . Even if you could change it to run 20 dungeons , it would be better (even though run 10 or even 5 dungeons would be better) . I’ve always thought of daily quests to be something you don’t have to do out of your way to do but this quest is all but that .

4) the new set up destroys slow leveling . All quests grant 25 xp if I’m correct , and the run 20 challenge mode dungeons will get you 200 xp because challenge mode gives 10xp per dungeon. Not only are you losing the main player base of adults , your going to lose slow levelers which are arguably one of the most dedicated types players .

And to wrap this up, while the devs are making some great changes as of late , these changes do not help. I urge you to change this ASAP, or the game will continue to tumble down hill.

@Joel @Eej

Edit (2:03 EST) - my guildies and I all seem to have come to the conclusion that the easiest fix is to give us say 20 daily quests and we pick the ones we want , this way it’s more fun and less robotitic . Once these changes have been implemented for a week, I’m sure all players will have a routine to knock the quests out as quick as possible . For example , upgrade a lesser rune once, salvage , quick loot evo Island , play the 0 stam gold island , run one tower floor, do the 4 pvp and then quick loot the twenty. If quests are randomized , it removes this robotic system most players have , which seems like a good idea to add longevity to the game . Also, the xp should be toned down or eliminated all together from the quests to keep slow levelers happy.

Edit (2:08 EST) - I forgot to mention, but how do you think the lower levels can possibly do the run 20 challenge mode dungeons quest ? Stamina is limited for them, and I’m sure they don’t want to spend all their stamina on a guild quest , so they might not be in a good posistion to join a guild until they have a reliable stamina pool. Even for level 70s like me , I don’t want to spend my 100 stam from the pwn shop just to fufill this quest .
Level - 75
Guilds - Member in VIP LIFE and officer in VIP Minions
Favorite Hero - Astrid
Post edited by hudson1520 on

Comments

• Yeah I Definitely Agree, Like 'Kill 20 Zeta's' WTF I Click It And There's Not Even Anywhere You Can Find Them! Well I'm Not Getting Crowns Today!
  • Are slow levellers really more dedicated than people who don't play with that limitation?
  • You have to be, just to do it.
  • @iphonesheep they are the most dedicated - if they are slow leveling , think about how long they’ve played and how much changes they’ve seen to the game . One of my guildies , birl, is a level 55 slow leveler who has played for 2 years . Think about all the dramatic changes made in that time - portal gate , runes , PvP changes and more but he still plays while many quit when those changes happened
    Level - 75
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • My main account is 580+ days old (and is lvl 48). To me, doing 20 challenge dungeons a day isn’t fun, so I’ll be quitting unless this is changed.
  • hudson1520 wrote: »
    All the problems with the new crown changes

2) no wiggle room - with the old crowns if you didn’t want to do a quest like say craft a red rune , you didn’t have to because there were 17 quests to choose from, leaving you to do the ones you want. With the new system , you are forced to do which ever ones show up, because there’s only 10 quests . Speaking of this ...

3) run 20 challenge dungeons . First of all , this quest requires 100 stamina , which you cannot achieve without purchasing from the pwn aether or general shop. Next , if you quickloot it takes 20 keys , which may I remind you is the amount of keys VIPs get a day so you basically just removed a perk, making vip even more useless. Finally , the quest is too specific . Even if you could change it to run 20 dungeons , it would be better (even though run 10 or even 5 dungeons would be better) . I’ve always thought of daily quests to be something you don’t have to do out of your way to do but this quest is all but that .

Re #2: I never considered this but I agree with it completely.

Re #3: Run 20 Challenge dungeons is a stupid punishing requirement. It's also boring, uninteresting, and not fun. I recommend you reconsider this requirement and either eliminate or lower it. Also, I'm sure the DB community could provide you in 10 minutes with 1000 interesting and challenging quests that don't require mindless grinding. Why not ask for suggestions and make the game fun instead of making it a money-grabbing grind? I'll spend money on a fun game. I won't spend money on blatant cash-grabs.

Wilbean
    @iphonesheep they are the most dedicated - if they are slow leveling , think about how long they’ve played and how much changes they’ve seen to the game . One of my guildies , birl, is a level 55 slow leveler who has played for 2 years . Think about all the dramatic changes made in that time - portal gate , runes , PvP changes and more but he still plays while many quit when those changes happened

I'm on day 876, as a level 70, I've been playing since health pots were green . I've experienced all of that too. So am I somehow less dedicated because I took all xp i could get? Just trying to understand

It is moot. many dedicated players. you are just picking one little aspect of a post and stirring the pot.
    Bottom line, this is bad change for the players. Bad Bad Bad.
    litespeed
  • Agreed on the fact that partial crown rewards were useful.
    But this all or nothing approach seems ridiculous.
    I’ve been playing this game for a year and a half maybe a bit more.
    I started slow leveling late. And then the slow leveling arena changed so I gave that up. The game was still fun strategy.
    But now it seems that the only strategy of the game is “How quickly can we milk the players for cash ?”
    If there aren’t changes soon that allow free play to compete then I will end up quitting.

Note I am a VIP 10 and have been for over a year.
  • @iphonesheep I’ll edit my post to say they are among the most dedicated then
    Level - 75
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • iphonesheepiphonesheep Member
    edited February 16
    hudson1520 wrote: »
    @iphonesheep they are the most dedicated - if they are slow leveling , think about how long they’ve played and how much changes they’ve seen to the game . One of my guildies , birl, is a level 55 slow leveler who has played for 2 years . Think about all the dramatic changes made in that time - portal gate , runes , PvP changes and more but he still plays while many quit when those changes happened

I'm on day 876, as a level 70, I've been playing since health pots were green . I've experienced all of that too. So am I somehow less dedicated because I took all xp i could get? Just trying to understand

It is moot. many dedicated players. you are just picking one little aspect of a post and stirring the pot.
    Bottom line, this is bad change for the players. Bad Bad Bad.

Op used a general statement to say they are the most, then has now realized to edit and say "among the most" , which is vastly different from "they are the most". Which now supports your statement of "many dedicated players". (I assume your implications are of vastly different playstyle persons , all with same dedication)
    Sorry you didn't seem to understand that.

@hudson1520 cool

@FatCat69 , agreed, we are incredibly patient , among the best slow levellers.
  • @iphonesheep listen I’m not trying to cause a civil war here either act mature or stop replying here , it’s a discussion not an argument
    Level - 75
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • I effectively turned off my top 50 guild today. I removed crowns requirements from the guild. I said if the 20 Dungeon thing changes I will try to rebuild. I thanked any members that were staying with the guild and wished well to anyone that wanted to move to a guild that would force the 100 stamina burn on only challenge dungeons. My guild was created the day guilds started ... sad to be losing so many members who are not just leaving the guild but leaving the game over the 20 dungeon a day requirement.
    GalakSS
    @iphonesheep listen I’m not trying to cause a civil war here either act mature or stop replying here , it’s a discussion not an argument

If you don't want to open yourself up to argument, which is a form of discussion , points and counterpoints. Then maybe don't post on a public internet forum. Nobody is trying to start a "civil war" ,
    Would it be more appropriate for me to type in all caps? I apologize for your delicacy on this matter.
  • @iphonesheep hopefully this mindless bickering attracts Joel
    Level - 75
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
    @iphonesheep hopefully this mindless bickering attracts Joel

Just some advice. If somebody disagrees with you on the internet, they aren't out to get you , don't take it so personal love.
  • Agree completely on this - Changing the new crown system is the latest in a series of changes which are reducing the amount of enjoyment provided by this GAME. For many of us, the "long grind" things aren't enjoyable - it's one thing when it's a special event, or you need materials, etc... but when it becomes a daily requirement to play effectively, it changes from feeling like a game to feeling like a (bad) job.

I strongly recommend that the devs revisit the current crowning setup - and either revert it, or change to something that's more enjoyable for everybody. I'm fine with making it harder to crown, but if that's the case, change it so it is enjoyable, not just a daily grind.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited February 16
    4) the new set up destroys slow leveling . All quests grant 25 xp if I’m correct , and the run 20 challenge mode dungeons will get you 200 xp because challenge mode gives 10xp per dungeon. Not only are you losing the main player base of adults , your going to lose slow levelers which are arguably one of the most dedicated types players .

Don't get me wrong, I'm not really convinced dailies were something that really needed to be changed. However, the part I've quoted isn't quite right. First of all, you can still complete the daily quests in, while only claiming the reward for the crown-giving quest. At time of writing, this particular quest now gives 5 XP; you seem to be under the impression that slow levellers have to suck up 230 XP from quest rewards to get their crowns, and that's not actually the case. I'm not sure whether they hot-fixed the crown quest to give only 5 XP or not, but it's not 25 XP right now.

I'm certain that before the changes, challenge mode dungeons did give out 10 XP like you said. I noticed, though, that while doing the (ugh) 20 challenge dungeons today that I was only getting 5 XP, at least from the ones I quick looted. So the XP per day, for a slow levelling player getting his crowns, has gone up by 105. That's not the end of slow levelling, really. I can't remember what earlier values are, but I believe 51 to 52 required 1400 XP, while 52 to 53 requires 1450 XP. It'll take me over a week to get to level 53 this way. I'd still rather have to press a button to level up; it's not like my characters automatically use up evos to ascend themselves, or equip their epics on their own, or train up without my permission. Regardless, I don't think they've killed off slow levelling.
  • Unless this is changed, I already informed my guild that I'm taking a break from the game. I don't have an interest in being forced to do 20 dungeons a day just for crowns.
  • @Stinky good point about the claiming of the quests ! While it might not be the end of slow leveling , it definitely is not making it such an appealing option anymore . As I said in previous comments one of my guildies is level 53 and has played for two years , and this change will definitely harm his play style
    Level - 75
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited February 16
    Um, I kinda deleted my previous comment by accident. Hudson1520 isn't seeing into the future, in this case, anyway. I'll try and recreate it.

This part isn't quite true. You don't need to claim the rewards for 9/10 of the dailies, and the quest that you do have to claim for the crowns has only 5 XP in it. So slow levellers aren't seeing an increase of 230 XP from dailies, just 5 XP. Also, challenge mode dungeons - at least when I quick looted some earlier - only give 5 XP now. All in all, players now get +105 XP from doing dailies, compared to before. To put that in perspective, 51 to 52 required ~1400 XP, while 52 to 53 requires 1450 XP. It will take me over a week to go up by one level by doing dailies. This is not the end of slow levelling.

Having said that, I would like to require a button press to go up a level. My heroes don't auto-ascend, equip their own epics, train themselves, or tuck themselves into bed by themselves, I do all of that myself. If nothing else, the level-up screen wouldn't flash up on screen and then vanish before I can see what my rewards are, because I'm mashing the button to go back to the town screen.
  • Game became less enjoyable. For me. I don't want to exping. I just spend few minutes for crowns in a day. Experience everywhere. I don't need 70 lvl. I enjoy to pvp with other 30/40's lvls. Maybe ill just delete a game if devs didn't do anything
  • I don't like being forced into doing all the daily quests. Pick 10 of 15 is a way better system than all or nothing.
  • These changes to daily crowns are unpractical. I shouldn’t have to waste a 100 stamina everyday to complete a daily quest. Also this inhibits me from banking stamina and raids for GG or 3 x material days. Also these changes are making my guild mates unhappy with discussions of quitting the guild or even the game. Just admit this was a “Oops” and revert back.
  • Or change it to 5 and be done with this issue...
  • Yet again DB makes drastic change without thinking of consequences from all I e heard and read if things don’t change there will be mass exodus. Smh at the be nearsightedness
  • I am a highly dedicated slow leveler, and this change ruins me. Today was the first day since joining my guild two months ago that I have not made my daily crowns. It is also the first day since starting this game in October that I have bothered to make an account and post. Multiple times even.

Devs and players, please read all the posts on this issue and add your voice.

Edit (2:03 EST) -

Edit (2:08 EST) -

I'm jealous. Every time I try to edit that much I'm locked out for 10 minutes.

...I think part of this is to make 10.5 k more rare. There was a time maybe 10 guilds would get it a week.
    Then they relaxed things and all of a sudden 40 or more would.

And the 20 dungeons requirement is in anticipation of raising the cap to lvl80.

But I suspect their intentions won't matter so, much, the implementation is not good for players.

@iphonesheep hopefully this mindless bickering attracts Joel

Just some advice. If somebody disagrees with you on the internet, they aren't out to get you , don't take it so personal love.

NOW you tell me!

d'oh!