Patch Notes: February 28th, 2018

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
  • Fixed an exception that was occurring in the Tower of Pwnage.
  • Fixed an issue that sometimes caused shock damage to deal more damage than it was supposed to.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented some rune touch abilities (burning touch, disease touch, etc.) from activating when equipped to a hero with an Epic weapon.
  • Changed freezing touch runes to freeze for 2 rounds instead of 1, because freezing expires at end of round. This meant that sometimes heroes would be frozen and immediately unfrozen, negating the rune's usefulness.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• I just got this update and I was one who sent in a note about the Incineration rune not working in regards to the burning touch on the two heroes I tried it on (Goretusk and Brom). I'm trying it out now and it still doesn't work. I'm in a dungeon with Brom, no burning touch shows in his stats box when you press and hold on him and nobody gets burned when attacking him.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    The passive does not appear over the hero, but it should still be working. We don't put icons on heroes for constant rune passives.
  • Razor23Razor23 Member
    edited February 28
    It's not working, he was attacked a ton of times in the dungeon as I only used two heroes and nobody was burned. edit: I logged out and back in, ran a couple more dungeons and still no burning enemies. Either it's not working (maybe for me for some reason) or my understanding of the way the rune is supposed to work is flawed. Do I have to unequip and re-equip the rune? I don't want to as that's expensive but I will if that'll make it work.
  • Everytime I try run a dungeon since the patch I have gotten an error message and the game has had to reload
  • Joel wrote: »
    • Fixed an issue that sometimes caused shock damage to deal more damage than it was supposed to.
    • Fixed an issue that prevented some rune touch abilities (burning touch, disease touch, etc.) from activating when equipped to a hero with an Epic weapon.
    • Changed freezing touch runes to freeze for 2 rounds instead of 1, because freezing expires at end of round. This meant that sometimes heroes would be frozen and immediately unfrozen, negating the rune's usefulness.

Ah, didn't realize the shock damage was bugged. No wonder I'd lose pvp matches in first round when one of my heroes got shocked.
    Razor23 wrote: »
    It's not working, he was attacked a ton of times in the dungeon as I only used two heroes and nobody was burned. edit: I logged out and back in, ran a couple more dungeons and still no burning enemies. Either it's not working (maybe for me for some reason) or my understanding of the way the rune is supposed to work is flawed. Do I have to unequip and re-equip the rune? I don't want to as that's expensive but I will if that'll make it work.

Which hero are you attacking with?

Brom. It's a low level dungeon so all my attacks kill the enemies so I'm not testing that. I assume though when they attack me, which they are, they should either be burned or say burned immune or something if that's the case. Perhaps not every time, I'm not sure if there's a percentage chance of burning the enemy, but it never burns anyone attacking him.
    Brom. It's a low level dungeon so all my attacks kill the enemies so I'm not testing that. I assume though when they attack me, which they are, they should either be burned or say burned immune or something if that's the case. Perhaps not every time, I'm not sure if there's a percentage chance of burning the enemy, but it never burns anyone attacking him.

Ah, there's the problem. Burning touch only activates when you attack the enemy. Burning skin is the passive that can burn enemies when they attack you.
  • Razor23 wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »

Burning touch is when your hero attacks and has a chance to burn the target.

Burning skin is when your hero is attacked and the enemy has a chance to be burned from that.
    Beat you to it @shiggity80 ;)
  • Razor23Razor23 Member
    edited February 28
    Ok, great, it was just my understanding then. Sorry for the mixup. edit: An incineration rune would be better with burning skin, IMO.
    Beat you to it @shiggity80 ;)

Dang it!
  • I've now tried a couple dungeons where I'm attacking others with Brom where he doesn't kill them and still no burning or message about them being immune. I'd like to hear from some others who had this issue to see if they're seeing any resolution.
    I've now tried a couple dungeons where I'm attacking others with Brom where he doesn't kill them and still no burning or message about them being immune. I'd like to hear from some others who had this issue to see if they're seeing any resolution.

Burning touch isn't something that activates every time, it's a chance to occur, so no immune flyoffs will occur.
  • I get that, but it's been quite a few attacks, no messages, no burning. I'm not saying it's not working, I just would like to hear from someone who had the problem who can verify it now works. I'll keep trying it out though.
  • Could you provide a bit more detail on the exception in the Tower you are referring to in your post? Thank you!
  • Could you provide a bit more detail on the exception in the Tower you are referring to in your post? Thank you!

You would see something similar to this

ckwuftoow7hm.png
    Could you provide a bit more detail on the exception in the Tower you are referring to in your post? Thank you!

It was a corner case issue that was related to Goretusk, but it was impacting a handful of players.
  • I know this thread is supposed to be about recent patches, forgive me for asking about an unrelated bug I’ve been experiencing (maybe it’s intentional) but often lately in pvp my Shade is restricted to only being able to possess dead allies on certain turns instead of allies or enemies.... Has this been happening to anyone else? It’s definitely cost me some wins!
  • if the corpses have pheonix feather they are posses immune.
  • tthebone wrote: »
    if the corpses have pheonix feather they are posses immune.

This.

@Kianoli were you fighting solaris?
  • S2pidnameS2pidname Member
    edited February 28
    The patch is causing crashes while running dungeons. Different error messages each time, but always crashes.
    Last one C563DB80
    We're looking into the crash.
  • Thanks! :)
    The crash is related to Babel Mountain. We've turned off the dungeon and activated other Skull Island dungeons in the meantime.

http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/58266/known-issue-babel-mountain-crash#latest
  • KianoliKianoli Member
    @shiggity80 @tthebone thanks guys! I forgot about that!
  • li30li30 Member
    Joel wrote: »
    @Joel Can u explain this more in detail, what kind of exception it was ? is it zomminion infinite resurrection issue fixed ?
    Could you provide a bit more detail on the exception in the Tower you are referring to in your post? Thank you!

It was a corner case issue that was related to Goretusk, but it was impacting a handful of players.

You can fix a corner case issue affecting a handful of players, but can't fix hidden corpses and sparklies so we can play the game as intended?
  • Does the incineration rune fix apply to Grog? He's the main one I've had problems with.
  • Maybe not complain about that they actually fixed something? Yes many things still need fixing, but how can people complain aout an actual fix?.. Jebus..