Client Update, March 2018 [Available Now!]

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited March 28 in Patch Notes
Hey everyone! We're rolling out a new client later this week, which means you'll be asked to do a download from your app store.

Here's what the client update covers:
  • There is now a confirmation popup before salvaging a rune!
  • Altered Android behavior during rune salvaging confirmation so hitting the Android's "back" arrow will not salvage the rune.
  • Updated death animations for Viperia, Leonidus, Lupina, Kozar, Koros, Grog-Gnog, and IGOROK to make it so they do not block corpses in battle.
  • Devices should no longer go to sleep when you’re in battle, unless you lock your device.
  • Leaderboards will now show when there is only one person on a leaderboard.
  • Fixed issue that kept Epic stats on a hero card when navigating to other heroes via left/right arrows.
  • Quests will now count enemies killed by burns
  • Combining evos and other materials no longer causes the open list to scroll back to the top.
  • It was possible for player names and titles to overlap or become misaligned on the profile screen, this should no longer happen.
  • When starting a new account or opening the game on a new device, there will not be an initial popup asking if you already have an account. Instead, you will enter the first dungeon and there will be a “Login” button on the dropdown menu.
  • There is now a tuning option that will allow you to automatically max out a rune. The cost to auto-max a rune will be 80% of the cost of the total of all tuning steps. This has no impact on the effectiveness of normal tuning, it's simply another option for you to use as you see fit.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• The killed by burn is probably the biggest fix of them all!
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    The killed by burn is probably the biggest fix of them all!

I was just about to quote this one and say the same thing!!

• Not having Grog’s dead body block other enemies will be nice too.
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • All of these changes should be good.
  • These changes are great ! Do you think one day we will get a cleint update with text fixes ? Lots of words in ability descriptions start with a capital letter for no reason, and some of the level descriptions have weird grammar
    Level - 79
    Guild- VIP LIFE
    Favorite Hero - Astrid
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited March 27
    - Will there be a logout option to allow "switching" between accounts?

- How does the confirmation work? We already have to click OK to salvage a rune - what about multiple rune salvaging?
    Post edited by sirtainly on
  • mrdahlmrdahl Member
    Joel wrote: »
    Hey everyone! We're rolling out a new client later this week, which means you'll be asked to do a download from your app store.

[*] Quests will now count enemies killed by burn.
    [/list]

Will that apply to poison as well?
    Make Reptiles Great Again!
  • DrocasDrocas Member
    @joel did you forget to mention lvl 80?
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • RocksorRocksor Member
    edited March 27
    Drocas wrote: »
    @joel did you forget to mention lvl 80?

Summit notes show level 80 tentatively scheduled for mid April timeframe.
  • Joel wrote: »
    [*] Devices should no longer go to sleep when you’re in battle, unless you lock your device.
    [/list]

If I have something auto running and it auto opens the chest at the end of the battle and takes you to a menu popup, can it then go to sleep? Sometimes when I'm going to bed, I let it auto-run one last dungeon and it sleeps after it's done. I'm hoping it will still sleep after completed auto-runs.

• DrocasDrocas Member

[*] Devices should no longer go to sleep when you’re in battle, unless you lock your device.
    [/list]

If I have something auto running and it auto opens the chest at the end of the battle and takes you to a menu popup, can it then go to sleep? Sometimes when I'm going to bed, I let it auto-run one last dungeon and it sleeps after it's done. I'm hoping it will still sleep after completed auto-runs.

is that 1 dungeon worth it?
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    sirtainly wrote: »

- How does the confirmation work? We already have to click OK to salvage a rune - what about multiple rune salvaging?

-There's always been a logout option. Just go to the Options tab of the profile menu and tap "Show Account". You'll see a logout button there.

-Yes, there's an extra "OK" button when salvaging multiple runes.

The game shouldn't go to sleep if you're in a dungeon, regardless if you're using auto-battle or not.
    mrdahl wrote: »

Unfortunately, poison is handled separately from burn and is not fixed, but we're working on it!

ALSO! I forgot to include one other thing in the list: There is now a tuning option that will allow you to automatically max out a rune. The cost to auto-max a rune will be 80% of the cost of the total of all tuning steps. This has no impact on the effectiveness of normal tuning, it's simply another option for you to use as you see fit. :)

The game shouldn't go to sleep if you're in a dungeon, regardless if you're using auto-battle or not.

I mean once the auto-battle ends, opens the chest, and shows a popup menu. Will it sleep then? I hope so so my phones not on all night. xD
  • oredithoredith Member

Here's what the client update covers:
    • There is now a confirmation popup before salvaging a rune!
    • Updated death animations for Viperia, Leonidus, Lupina, Kozar, Koros, Grog-Gnog, and IGOROK to make it so they do not block corpses in battle.
    • Devices should no longer go to sleep when you’re in battle, unless you lock your device.
    • Leaderboards will now show when there is only one person on a leaderboard.
    • Fixed issue that kept Epic stats on a hero card when navigating to other heroes via left/right arrows.
    • Quests will now count enemies killed by burns
    • Combining evos and other materials no longer causes the open list to scroll back to the top.
    • It was possible for player names and titles to overlap or become misaligned on the profile screen, this should no longer happen.
    • When starting a new account or opening the game on a new device, there will not be an initial popup asking if you already have an account. Instead, you will enter the first dungeon and there will be a “Login” button on the dropdown menu.
    • There is now a tuning option that will allow you to automatically max out a rune. The cost to auto-max a rune will be 80% of the cost of the total of all tuning steps. This has no impact on the effectiveness of normal tuning, it's simply another option for you to use as you see fit.
    I thought we settled on the interim solution to the 205 crown issue by giving vip1+ a daily log-in quest for 1 crown?

i mean, i personally hate it, but at least it's something to overcome the "interesting" change from individual quests to all or nothing collection.

soon™ - it's the answer to everything
    I mean once the auto-battle ends, opens the chest, and shows a popup menu. Will it sleep then? I hope so so my phones not on all night. xD

Whoops, my bad! Yes. It will go to sleep from the victory/defeat screen.
    oredith wrote: »
    I thought we settled on the interim solution to the 205 crown issue by giving vip1+ a daily log-in quest for 1 crown?

i mean, i personally hate it, but at least it's something to overcome the "interesting" change from individual quests to all or nothing collection.

That's happening via a patch, not the client update. It will be covered in separate patch notes :)
    sirtainly wrote: »

-There's always been a logout option. Just go to the Options tab of the profile menu and tap "Show Account". You'll see a logout button there.

-Yes, there's an extra "OK" button when salvaging multiple runes.

mrdahl wrote: »

Unfortunately, poison is handled separately from burn and is not fixed, but we're working on it!

ALSO! I forgot to include one other thing in the list: There is now a tuning option that will allow you to automatically max out a rune. The cost to auto-max a rune will be 80% of the cost of the total of all tuning steps. This has no impact on the effectiveness of normal tuning, it's simply another option for you to use as you see fit. :)

Just to clarify, that's 80% of the cost of all 13 tunes, correct?
  • ScoutYoScoutYo Member
    edited March 27
    @Joel when going through the regular rune tuning process, you have a chance to get a fourth stat at a couple different stages -- Heroic, Legendary (and possibly during the final tune, if one is needed?).

Will the auto-max option give us the same % chance at a fourth stat as manual tuning (taking into account the multiple chances at a fourth stat we get when manually tuning)?

Sounds like a nice addition! :)
    edited March 27

Her'es my "Show Account" page. I don't see a logout option?

6pnwrksfehn4.png
    @sirtainly, Scroll down in that window. :)
    edited March 27
    @sirtainly, Scroll down in that window. :)

Joel, I would have NEVER guessed you could scroll that window. I'm speechless (for a very short time :).)

May I suggest that if its for just that one option, make the window a little taller and include it? Or, at the right edge of the line that says "Change your photo or display name" under the X, or just to the left of the X, or a little "downarrow" in the lower left corner if you plan to add more options later?

May I also suggest some indication that the left column on the currency page also be scrollable, especially since the right column is not scrolable?
    I missed it when it first came out and I've seen other users miss it.

All the other windows in the game, hero scrolling, even the privacy terms, give some visual cue that there might be more on the next page.

These may seem like minor cosmetic changes, but needing to know how to sign out seems important to me. I can't imagine they'd be too hard to add in some simple form...

Thanks....
    I've passed that feedback along to Big Fish. That's their UI, not ours, so I can't promise anything one way or the other.
  • shiggity80shiggity80 Member
    edited March 27
    I've passed that feedback along to Big Fish. That's their UI, not ours, so I can't promise anything one way or the other.

Joel, for the 80% "quick tune", is that 80% of the cost of a full 13 tuned rune?

And from @ScoutYo post, do we get a chance for a 4th stat?
    shiggity80 wrote: »

Joel, for the 80% "quick tune", is that 80% of the cost of a full 13 tuned rune?

And from @ScoutYo post, do we get a chance for a 4th stat?

If you use the auto-max button, the rune will always get a 4th stat/passive. Please note that there is still variance in terms of the stats in terms of what a "maxed rune" would be, but using the auto-max button will make it a 5* legendary rune.

Wow, guaranteed 4th stat? Nice.

Ok, so you didn't clarify about the 80% cost. Is it based on the cost of all 13 tunes? So let's say a superior costs 2,500 gems for 13 tunes, the instant max gem would cost 2,000 gems?
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    Ok, so you didn't clarify about the 80% cost. Is it based on the cost of all 13 tunes? So let's say a superior costs 2,500 gems for 13 tunes, the instant max gem would cost 2,000 gems?

Correct, 80% of the cost of all tunes added together.
  • LukeTolLukeTol Member
    edited March 27
    Will Incineration, Survivor, Guardian, Corruption runes have an Elite version?
    LukeTol wrote: »
    Will Incineration, Survivor, Guardian, Corruption runes have an Elite version?

No new rune types or rarities with this release.
    If you use the auto-max button, the rune will always get a 4th stat/passive.

Way to bury the lede...