Patch Notes: March 29th, 2018

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
We’ve got a bunch of changes today, so hold on to your hats!

Selwyn the Enduring Changes:
  • Selwyn now has an Epic! Read all about the Wand of the Winds HERE!
  • Increased ATK, DEF, HP, and Skill
  • The cooldown for Northern Gale has been changed from 9 to 5.
  • The cooldown for Chilling Blast has been changed from 6 to 3.
  • Chilling Blast now deals bonus damage to Frozen targets.
  • Frosty Bolt is now Frost Barrage and has a cooldown of 4. Frost Barrage buffs the ATK of all Water allies, then does a ranged water attack on all enemies with a chance to Frostbite.
  • Selwyn now gets the passive Cyclone Barrier after being ascended once, which reflects 50% of ranged attack damage back at the attacker and will cleanse one debuff from Selwyn at the end of each round.
  • Selwyn no longer has the passive Polar Master.
  • Selwyn now gets the passive Ice Block after being ascended twice, which allows him to enter dungeons encased in ice until his first turn. When encased in ice, he takes significantly reduced damage.
  • Selwyn now gets the passive Arcane Winds after being ascended twice, which allows him and all Caster allies to gain 1 energy at the end of each round when Selwyn is on a team with Pontifex Mortis.
  • Selwyn now has an Epic, the Wand of the Winds! You can read all about it HERE!

Lady Nimriel Changes:
  • Increased ATK, DEF, HP, and Skill
  • Nimriel’s Epic attack now attacks the targeted enemy as well as all other burning enemies, and also does extra damage for each debuff on the targets.
  • The cooldown for Get Over Here has been changed from 6 to 4.
  • Get Over Here now deals extra damage to Flying enemies.
  • Flaming Arrow is now Deadly Barrage and has a cooldown of 5. Deadly Barrage does a ranged physical attack against all enemies with a chance to Wound them.
  • Arrow Barrage is now Phosphorus Arrow and has a cooldown of 3. Phosphorous Arrow does a ranged physical attack on one enemy and purges all of their buffs.
  • Nimriel no longer has the passive Highly Resistant.
  • Nimriel no longer has the passive Tank Hunter.
  • Nimriel now gets the passive Elven Grace, which lets her take less damage from crits and lets her deal 2x damage to Flying enemies.
  • Nimriel now gets the passive Pyrojectiles after being ascended once, which give all of her allies’ ranged physical attacks a chance to Burn the enemy.
  • Nimriel now gets the passive Burning Accuracy after being ascended twice, which makes it so her attacks against Burning targets cannot miss or be dodged.
  • Nimriel now gets the passive Second Wind after being ascended twice, which gives her +1 energy and Haste after dealing a killing blow.

Elf Changes:
  • Lady Nimriel and all other Elves now have the passive “Elven Grace”, which allows them to take significantly less damage from crits and lets them deal 2x damage to Flying enemies.

Hopper now has an Epic! Read all about the Horror Shroud HERE!
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• @Joel

Did you guys reduce game speed? 2x feels a bit slower than prior to this patch/update.

Anyone else notice anything?
  • Over the last few weeks 2x seemed a bit slower, when I thought about it, it might have been that the animations were the same speed but the pauses between actions seemed slower..I was thinking that that delay time may not have been sped up.

Haven't looked closely since client update...
  • sirtainly wrote: »
    Over the last few weeks 2x seemed a bit slower, when I thought about it, it might have been that the animations were the same speed but the pauses between actions seemed slower..I was thinking that that delay time may not have been sped up.

Haven't looked closely since client update...

It seems noticeable to me right when this patch went through today. But I dunno, could just be playing tricks on myself.
  • Nimriel lost Tank Hunter passive... not cool... :'(
  • darrendarren Member
    sirolk99 wrote: »
    Nimriel lost Tank Hunter passive... not cool... :'(

LOL
    But she is now a bird hunter... That's cool.. Shooting a certain phoenix down is always a good thing... No ?
  • Yeah I guess...
  • WasiWasi Member
    Kudos! :) Everyone complains about new heros - good to see some focus on the old ones.
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • I wonder if Selewn will finally be viable...
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • This game is really laggy. I've restarted my phone and intentionally not opened anything else and it still isn't smooth. Been happening since I installed app from the play store the other day. Note 8
  • danacdanac Member
    shiggity80 wrote: »

It seems noticeable to me right when this patch went through today. But I dunno, could just be playing tricks on myself.

I like to play practical jokes on myself.
    Sadly, I fall for it every time.

• Joel wrote: »
    [*] Selwyn now gets the passive Ice Block after being ascended twice, which allows him to enter dungeons encased in ice until his first turn. When encased in ice, he takes significantly reduced damage.

Is this the same thing as granite form?

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I think Nimrel should’ve kept Tank Hunter... but otherwise really cool changes!
    Perhaps a legendary elf hero could eventually give Nimrel her extra damage vs Tanks back, as well as give all Elves 50% resistance to debuffs!

We need an Elf Healer btw! Or maybe make it so Daeris’ lifestealing abilties and Passives heal allied Elves as well.
  • shiggity80shiggity80 Member
    edited March 30
    @Joel Nimriel's Phosphorous attack is doing 0 damage on Sol and Ferno. I know both those guys have the fire immune trait (and Ferno gets healed actually), but the description on Phosphorous attack is a "ranged physical attack", no mention of fire/spirit.

Anyone else notice this?

Edit: Yup, looked closely and it's popping up the "fire immune" icon when I use this ability on sol. I think the game thinks its still a fire attack.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    @Joel Nimriel's Phosphorous attack is doing 0 damage on Sol and Ferno. I know both those guys have the fire immune trait (and Ferno gets healed actually), but the description on Phosphorous attack is a "ranged physical attack", no mention of fire/spirit.

Anyone else notice this?

Edit: Yup, looked closely and it's popping up the "fire immune" icon when I use this ability on sol. I think the game thinks its still a fire attack.

Good catch!
  • sirolk99 wrote: »
    Nimriel lost Tank Hunter passive... not cool... :'(

Good riddance to that! Now I can deploy Bramble and Phenol more!
  • @Joel was it intentional for Nimriel to not gain another haste, if she has a killing blow on her hasted attack?
    (Eg. kills Sol, gains another attack, kills ferno on hasted attack, doesn’t gain haste)
    Level 71 in the almighty Potato Army!
  • GingeNinja wrote: »
    @Joel was it intentional for Nimriel to not gain another haste, if she has a killing blow on her hasted attack?
    (Eg. kills Sol, gains another attack, kills ferno on hasted attack, doesn’t gain haste)
    That should be the case. She can't get another Haste if she already has one.
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    tgtu88snl2ot.png
  • GingeNinja wrote: »
    @Joel was it intentional for Nimriel to not gain another haste, if she has a killing blow on her hasted attack?

I'm guessing so. Probably like how Zurk can only get 1 haste on his crits.
  • danacdanac Member
    Is anyone else noticing that her haste doesn't always work?
    Sometimes on her first attack she gets haste but doens't get another turn, even with enemies still standing.
  • danac wrote: »
    Is anyone else noticing that her haste doesn't always work?
    Sometimes on her first attack she gets haste but doens't get another turn, even with enemies still standing.

I'm going to guess it might be because of the event buff. Fire heroes will follow other fire heroes attacks with their own, so if she goes because of a follow up attack and gets a crit, she will get haste, and within that same series of turns, when it becomes her actual turn, she won't get a 2nd haste because she already got it from her follow up attack.