Fire VS Water, Choose Your Element!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
qg5eazaxj0bn.png

The interactions between Fire and Water heroes has become rather heated. Or maybe it’s become chilly? How about you choose!

As always, we have lots of event quests, but we’ve also got an added twist for this event. When you log into the game, you’ll see the “Fire VS Water” event image, which will have a button for each element. Tap on the element that you want to team up with that day. When you choose an element, you’ll unlock an exclusive event dungeon, leaderboard, and boost for heroes of that element**. The boost will give heroes of that element slightly increased attack, defense, health, skill AND will do a basic follow-up attack after ANY (non follow-up) attack made by other allies of that color! You will be able to choose again starting at 3pm CST each day of the event. You can swap elements or choose the same one each day!

Depending on the element you choose, you will get access to a leaderboard that tracks the number of dungeons of that element you complete/quick loot AND any raids you win with at least two heroes of that element. The leaderboard will pay out at 3pm CST every day when the new event day starts.
There will be guild leaderboards that will be available to all players in guilds that will track the same thing as the individual leaderboards, but will be tracking completions by guild and pay out at the end of the event.

In addition, we've reworked both Lady Nimriel and Selwyn the Enduring, which you can read about HERE.
We've also given Selwyn the Enduring an Epic Weapon, the Wand of the Winds, you can read about it HERE.
And although she's not a Fire or Water hero, Hopper is also getting an Epic, the Horror Shroud! Discover the monstrous goodness HERE.

**Note: In PVP, the elemental boost chosen by the attacker will be active for both sides of the battle.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• Is there a way to tell my current guild total completions? If my guild is in the top 200 I have to scroll through each page, and if it isn't on the top 200 there's no way to quickly know (or did I miss something?) where we stand.

I would really like to see the new-style leaderboards changed to show a bottom row entry to show our current guild or personal standing as appropriate like the old-style leaderboards did/do.
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited March 29
    (also noticed at first glance that going for most completions would seem to mitigate against more tickets, so conflict in incentives? Noticed having two separate guild leaderboards might create confusion among guild members unless a guild chooses an element at the start of the day and all guild members are on board. If I've missed something obvious or observations wrong please correct me.)
  • My understanding is that choosing fire or water each day provides a specific dungeon, specific quests, and buffs to heroes of that element. However, you are free to run as many fire or water dungeons in any part of the game regardless of your elemental choice and all will count towards the guild fire or water totals.
  • But I will agree that the leaderboards are downright confusing when you have like 5 different ones.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    My understanding is that choosing fire or water each day provides a specific dungeon, specific quests, and buffs to heroes of that element. However, you are free to run as many fire or water dungeons in any part of the game regardless of your elemental choice and all will count towards the guild fire or water totals.

I agree, but as a player I would preferred only one guild leaderboard that focused on total of both elements, or the highest guild element, rather than two different ones that each focus only on completions of one element. Unless I'm underestimating the average guild's ability to run up the completions necessary for each reward tier in both elements in 4 days.

Do your guildines all choose the same element?
    Do some of your guildies prefer to run up tickets rather than quickloots?

Oops, gotta get back, autorun finished ;)
  • @Joel Trying to run a 2-fer for pvp with sol grog selwyn nim but it doesnt register for the event quests. any ideas?
  • I am not able to get pvp to work either using 2 water heros. :-/ seems broken just as the dungeon was earlier, did not get the right amount of tickets from the dungeons though its working now.
  • Who came up with these reward tiers? Assuming half your guild goes fire and half water, each person would need 2,000 points to get max reward. That’s 10,000 stamina each in a 4 day event. That’s just stupid.

Even if you managed to coordinate to the point where everyone in your guild goes to the same side every day (which probably only 2 or 3 guilds could possibly pull off), each of 50 people would still need to spend 5,000 stamina to reach max reward. That’s absurd.

It's definitely gonna be quite difficult for many, but that's probably the point, that you will have to choose 1 or the other.

But if you are manually running, I would think you would probably get 10-20% stamina back from sparklies. Plus the 3 free evo islands (small help, but still 0 stam). 170 from tower/pwn shop, another 50 from 20 gems, 100 from aether. Yes, 10K is insane, but doable if you have been saving a few weeks prior.
  • Who came up with these reward tiers? Assuming half your guild goes fire and half water, each person would need 2,000 points to get max reward. That’s 10,000 stamina each in a 4 day event. That’s just stupid.

Even if you managed to coordinate to the point where everyone in your guild goes to the same side every day (which probably only 2 or 3 guilds could possibly pull off), each of 50 people would still need to spend 5,000 stamina to reach max reward. That’s absurd.

You are forgetting about PvP. Still an absurd reach goal, but 100 raid wins will save you 500 stamina.
  • mrdahlmrdahl Member
    Just double checking: Does the daily quests expire at reset, or remain through out the event?
    Make Reptiles Great Again!
  • I don’t appear to be getting credit for the Selwyn repeatable. Others are reporting the same problems on Nim and Selwyn as well. Is there a super secret trick to running Selwyn and making it count? :)
  • Based on guild chat - the goals are so unattainable that we're pretty much passing on the leaderboard.

Least tickets are something worth earning.

• MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited March 30
    Someone mentioned this in our chat today. If you had zero stam saved and got zero free stam during 4 days of the event, it would cost you 8k gems to buy 5k stam (The required amount per person to get the top reward for blue or red). The set price for an elite rune is 7500 gems currently, so for an extra 500 gems you get a ton of extra materials/other tier rewards ect.

Considering you can get nearly 2500 stam for free during a 4 day period, the stam costs drops lower to just under 5k gems. Many top players would consider it a "bargain" to get a top end elite rune for that cost.

I'm not saying I agree with it, as it's a steep ask for 50 people. The pricing makes sense from a logistics standpoint however.
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited March 30
    Someone mentioned this in our chat today. If you had zero stam saved and got zero free stam during 4 days of the event, it would cost you 8k gems to buy 5k stam (The required amount per person to get the top reward for blue or red). The set price for an elite rune is 7500 gems currently, so for an extra 500 gems you get a ton of extra materials/other tier rewards ect.

Considering you can get nearly 2500 stam for free during a 4 day period, the stam costs drops lower to just under 5k gems. Many top players would consider it a "bargain" to get a top end elite rune for that cost.

I'm not saying I agree with it, as it's a steep ask for 50 people. The pricing makes sense from a logistics standpoint however.

The problem is that there was no warning that amount of coordination would be necessary. By the time anyone could even do out the math to see what was needed, most of the guild had already chosen a team for the day. I suspect only two or three guilds have the type of out-of-game coordination and participation rates to even ensure they all got on the same team for the day.

And it’s not like “just don’t spent anything and wait to get in the same team for day 2” is a good option, because some people were also trying for individual rewards, so already dumped huge amounts of resources into the “wrong” team.

Plus, asking individual players to put up 5k+ gems for the rune is one thing. Expecting that all 50 in a guild will do it is something else entirely. I’d argue the “cost” to each individual is much higher, since there is a very significant risk of spending all your stamina or cash and still not reaching the target because of your guild. Even if you do get there, I think it’s far more likely that the top X% of the guild has to way overspend to make up for the bottom Y%.
  • BlothBloth Member
    Why remove the extra damage to tanks from Nimeral’s stats ? She would be A LOT more useful with it.
  • Someone mentioned this in our chat today. If you had zero stam saved and got zero free stam during 4 days of the event, it would cost you 8k gems to buy 5k stam (The required amount per person to get the top reward for blue or red). The set price for an elite rune is 7500 gems currently, so for an extra 500 gems you get a ton of extra materials/other tier rewards ect.

Don't forget that you will probably get 10-15% (estimating) of stam back if you manually run dungeons.
    edited March 30
    @shiggity80 It was a conservative estimate. If you were being optimal and using sparklies and PVP, it could actually be significantly cheaper.

@Skip_Holmes You should tell your guild even if you chose the wrong day, you can still get points for the other team. Many of our members chose fire, and we just told them to run blue dungeons anyways.
  • sirolk99 wrote: »
    Meh event... :(

Wow, you guys are hard to please.

Two brand new epics, an upgrade to a previously weak epic (and all Elves get a boost), the opportunity to buy two Superior runes with tickets in the shop, yet more runes, tokens and other stuff as individual and guild rewards, and you say meh?

What exactly do you expect from an event that would make you happy?
    edited March 31
    Barleyman wrote: »
    sirolk99 wrote: »

Two brand new epics, an upgrade to a previously weak epic (and all Elves get a boost), the opportunity to buy two Superior runes with tickets in the shop, yet more runes, tokens and other stuff as individual and guild rewards, and you say meh?

Magical lazer shooting unicorns from space who fly down and fill his entire roster with perfectly rolled elite runes all with 10% dmg 4ths would probably do the trick.

Then he could quit.
  • The event =/= the epics and changes

I agree the event isn’t much to enjoy; however, the epics for Hopper an Nim are nice, and the changes to Nim are quite positive.

Selwyn is still bad however.

• Barleyman wrote: »

I’d settle for “actual playable content” over hitting the quickloot button literally thousands of times and calling it an event.

Not to mention salvaginging hundreds if not thousands of runes. For some reason the event dungeons continue to drop runes even if your inventory is full.
  • Love the epic and boosts, don't get me wrong, just the event itself isn't all that exciting...
  • Love the epics and the boosts.

The event seems just a race to see who can get the most quest completions which is a contest of how many resources you can expend, probably in the hope you will become caught in a spending spree just to get "ahead", especially in the individual leaderboards (which I will not.)

If I've stockpiled the resources I'm more than happy to play, help my guildies have fun and feel a sense of accomplishment (goodness knows we all don't get enough of that in Real Life) and see how I do and grab the occasional reward.

But I'm not letting it rule my life, and I will pay $$$ only when I want to and feel I can afford to. I won't be coerced.

I started playing a different game until I found out that different game used algorhythms that appeared to be random but were specifically engineered to maximize people spending money. I left that game because the idea disgusts me. I hope DB never becomes like that.
  • danacdanac Member
    Barleyman wrote: »

To end goals that are achievable.

Yeah, maybe UW and PA will hit 50 k for one color. But expecting an entire guild to put that much effort in- the ql alone would take a huge amount of time- is silly. So the upper end rune of the event is essentially designed for about 150 people.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited April 1
    sirtainly wrote: »
    also noticed at first glance that going for most completions would seem to mitigate against more tickets, so conflict in incentives?

That's how it feels to me. I desperately need the Solaris tokens, and so I've spent most of my gametime manually running the fire dungeon over and over for the tickets. I assumed - incorrectly - that contribution to the guild was measured in tickets, so you'd have to do ten quick loots to equal one run through with Nim/Sel. Now I feel equal parts guilty and stupid. Guilty for screwing my guild out of contribution points, and stupid for not realising contribution wasn't measured in tickets. I mean, I doubt my crappy performance will be the difference between getting a guild reward and not, but it's strange design. I have to wonder how many people out there even know, because they don't even look at the leaderboards.
  • tallkristallkris Member
    The event ends at 3 pm US central on Monday correct?
  • PardonPardon Member
    Another pay and tap to win event. Where is gameplay? Seriously it's not possible to go on like this...