Guild Grand Tourney Has Started! [REMINDER: PVP Win Streaks Deactivated This Season!]

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
n7kcu56fwgt0.png

The Guild Grand Tourney has begun! Here are a few reminders about how the event works:
  • You must be in a Guild before the event starts to participate in the event, and the guild you are in when the event starts is the only guild you can contribute to. Be sure to join a guild before the event begins tomorrow at 3pm CST!
  • The leaderboards are completely based on PvP Trophies. Any trophies your earn are counted towards your Guild's total, and any trophies lost are deducted, until your personal contribution reaches zero. At no point can your personal contribution become negative.
  • There are special buffs running during the event to shake up the metagame! These buffs last for the entire event.
  • There are quests that pay out event tickets. Event tickets are NOT related to Trophies/leaderboard progress in any way.
  • There are some quests that will pay out tickets to you as well as tickets to every other member of your guild (you also get the number of tickets sent to your guildmates).
  • The event will end at 11pm CST Sunday night, so guilds have the time to shuffle their members around for the new week.
  • PVP Streaks are deactivated throughout the event, and therefore, this week's season.

This tourney is focused on our newest hero, Agnon. As such, the buffs for the event are focused on constructs, warriors, and flying heroes!

PVP Buffs:
  • Constructs get the "Siege Machine", which lowers the defense of enemies they hit.
  • Warriors get "Thirst for Battle", which lets them attack another random enemy after getting a killing blow.
  • Flying Heroes get "Aerial Accuracy" which prevents their attacks from missing or being dodged.

In addition, whenever you win a PVP raid, you will get 50 event tickets PLUS 50 bonus event tickets for each construct on your team, for a potential total of 250 event tickets per raid!

There will be quests available each day, and the last day of the event will have double the normal number of quests!
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• ...and the event starts with 24-hour free rune unequip...?
  • Why must this be so construct focused, isn't agnon strong enough without getting 3 new passives, Also i like the idea of rewarding people who worked hard for bauble and such but man did you have to buff agnon too??? :bawling:
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • wagdoggwagdogg Member
    Thank you for putting out the buffs/debuffs in advance
  • Rolla8Rolla8 Member
    @Joel Only bonus tickets for constructs on the team, not warriors or flying?
    o3etqqdlgz6l.jpg
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Rolla8 wrote: »
    @Joel Only bonus tickets for constructs on the team, not warriors or flying?

Correct.
  • Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    edited April 4
    Agnon the terrible shall rise! and ferno...and solaris...and torchy maybe

@Joel so will Furnace lower def of all enemies with his basic attack?
    Agnon the terrible shall rise! and ferno...and solaris...and torchy maybe

@Joel so will Furnace lower def of all enemies with his basic attack?

Yes
  • farfellafarfella Member
    YEEEEEEEESSSSSS! I love the pvp games.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    Should be interesting ;)
  • Benoo7Benoo7 Member
    So there is no debuff? How is the meta shaken up? It’s the same just stronger now. @Joel
  • Benoo7 wrote: »
    So there is no debuff? How is the meta shaken up? It’s the same just stronger now. @Joel

Seems like battles will be shorter than they are now....which is a great thing in my opinion.
    Kobal will be very useful mwahahahaha
    What about Life Reaper Broom?
  • I'm with @JaxBoomstick --

Meta shakeup would involve Light Heroes gaining 20% dodge, 20% hp, 20% atk. Then maybe they'd be used.. #tearsforsifu

• WasiWasi Member
    Faster PvP wins = more DB $$$$$
    ---
    The Potato Army
    Wasi wrote: »
    What about Life Reaper Broom?

He sweeps the floor with his first attack

he also places leaches on all his allies and then gives the enemy an incurable disease that grosses them out and makes them run away. sounds like the real winner of the event to me
  • WasiWasi Member
    Broom.... sweep.... nevermind.
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • I have to agree completely with @JaxBoomstick not much of a shakeup at all.
  • My Jabber and my Bovus... GOT BUFFED... THANK YOU DEVS SO MUCH, I didnt even think they needed a buff! :bawling: :bawling:
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • danacdanac Member

Wasi, I appreciated it, but also felt kinda annoyed you posted it before me.

You're making me obsolete.

• danac wrote: »

Wasi, I appreciated it, but also felt kinda annoyed you posted it before me.

You're making me obsolete.

Don't worry dan, you won't become obsolete.... I think anyway, can we become obsolete in forums???
  • gerfeagerfea Member
    Joel wrote: »
    In addition, whenever you win a PVP raid, you will get 50 event tickets PLUS 50 bonus event tickets for each construct on your team, for a potential total of 250 event tickets per raid!

@Joel Does this include raid defense wins, as well?

gerfea wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »

@Joel Does this include raid defense wins, as well?

Trophies earned from defensive wins count towards the leaderboards, but you do not get tickets for defensive wins.
  • Rolla8Rolla8 Member
    @Joel Are we getting a free rune unequip to start the event?
    o3etqqdlgz6l.jpg

Sorry, not this time around.

I miss when they offered free rune unequip for 2,000 gems. Not being sarcastic, it was a really nice option to have that in the shop instead of waiting for a big event or new hero release. It's very useful below lvl 70 when still powering up heroes.
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    Scroll up to the 1st post and READ IT! There's your answer @ga4ooo2 ...